I got my wisdom teeth extracted a month back. Everything was fine but today I discovered a small hard and sharp like projection from my gum just backside where I got the teeth extracted. Is it common or does it require another surgery or any medications to remove the same?

No it can not be said common but yes possible go back to your Dr. It could be a bone chip which he can remove easily.
It may be a bony spicule. Don't worry and consult your dentist for the same.
Kindly get that portion checked by your dentist from whom you got this. Surgical removal done and a follow up x-ray. To see if the portion is healthy. Is that portion paining. If not. You may apply little gum paint two times a day for 15 days.
Do warm saline rinses. Some bony spicule may be there it will come out. Don't worry.
Unless until its not painful don't disturb the removal site. Most probably it can be small bone fragment left inside the wound. If it doesn't pain but irritates tongue or other soft tissue causing ulcers then you can get it removed but its not so serious and it will not require another surgery. No need to worry for that.