Ask FREE question to Women health doctors
Private, Secure and verified doctors.

I am 2 months 10 days pregnant. I vomiting all the things which I eat .i can't tolerate any kind of smell .and I am unable to take folic acid medicine. Whenever I took folic acid I vomit it .please help me out .what should I do .my weight is 49 kg.

Nausea and vomiting affects as much as 70 to 80 % of pregnant women..In majority of cases it subsidies by 16 weeks.. Some precautions and drug therapy may be helpful., 1) Avoid triggers : avoid food or smell that is worsening your condition.. 2) Food : Take small meals at frequent intervals Avoid spicy and fatty foods that is difficult to digest Bland foods like rice , banana , toast may be helpful 3) Fluids : Take plenty of fluids in small quantities at a time . Avoid taking water or foods along with food .. Keep a gap of 30 min or more 4) Check whether your vitamin supplements contain iron , if so than stop it 5) Take your vitamin supplements at bed time 6) Some non pharmacological treatment which are helpful are : keeping ginger or ginger supplements in mouth, acupuncture and acupressure.. 7) Heartburnand acidity need to be treated with antacids 8) Supplementation of combination of vitamin 6 with doxylamine is very helpful If above doesn’t help than antihistamines and ondansetron will be of great help..