I am 2 months 10 days pregnant. I vomiting all the things which I eat .i can't tolerate any kind of smell .and I am unable to take folic acid medicine. Whenever I took folic acid I vomit it .please help me out .what should I do .my weight is 49 kg.
Nausea and vomiting affects as much as
70 to 80 % of pregnant women..In majority of cases it subsidies by 16 weeks..
Some precautions and drug therapy may be helpful.,
1) Avoid triggers : avoid food or smell that is worsening your condition..
2) Food : Take small meals at frequent intervals
Avoid spicy and fatty foods that is difficult to digest
Bland foods like rice , banana , toast may be helpful
3) Fluids : Take plenty of fluids in small quantities at a time . Avoid taking water or foods along with food .. Keep a gap of 30 min or more
4) Check whether your vitamin supplements contain iron , if so than stop it
5) Take your vitamin supplements at bed time
6) Some non pharmacological treatment which are helpful are : keeping ginger or ginger supplements in mouth, acupuncture and acupressure..
7) Heartburnand acidity need to be treated with antacids
8) Supplementation of combination of vitamin 6 with doxylamine is very helpful
If above doesnât help than antihistamines and ondansetron will be of great help..
Was this answer helpful?
Thank you for your feedback.
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.
Book appointment with top doctors for Pregnant treatment