Consult Online With India's Top Doctors
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

I have a 9 years boy who has adhd. He has taken to adhd psychiatrist for one year and special school for three years. Even though he is not able to sit in one place, have lot of distraction, fear in crackers, mixie,cooker sound. Just now for the past six months I am giving him mentat ds syrup and omega 3 tablets. Please suggest me how to make him calm.

1 Doctor Answered
The adhd children will be agitated and cannot be controlled and you can try good counselling while other non-drug treatments — play therapy, cognitive therapy, psychotherapy, and special adhd eating plans — have been regarded as promising, only behavioral treatment has been shown to work.
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.