Get help from best doctors, anonymously
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

I'm 34 year male, I have fissure in ano from last 4 months. It's painful while sitting, driving and doing any kind of work. So please suggest what's right for me.

2 Doctors Answered
Hi there, fissure in ano usually responds to medical therapy consisting of laxatives, spincter muscle relaxant and sitz bath (warm water). If constipation is persistent, it may lead to non healing or recurrent fissure. Occassionally it may require a small surgical procedure to loosen the tight anal sphincter muscle for healing. Hope you have taken the medications properly and strictly followed the routine of sitz baths.
2 people found this helpful
First of all if you are using commode toilet, then use toilet step stool, commode toilet is unnatural for humans, Western toilet increases constipation. Since Constipation is a bigger factor behind piles & Fissure. If you are feeling itching & burning, this is symptoms of Anal Fissure, sometimes anal fissure not cured by only taking medication, also surgery is not good option, Your anus grip can be loose, You should get Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy, its a small mini painless procedure which is very latest procedure and also Anal Dilatation is must for few days, after that you will never have a Fissure again. You'll be fine in just 10 days.
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.