Get help from best doctors, anonymously
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

I am an OCD patient but I have little kids I consult the doctor he suggested to take fluvoxin but im scared to take because of do not stop the medicine suddenly.

2 Doctors Answered
Dear lybrate-user, please take the medicine to manage your ocd. Especially because you hv small children. Also take therapy from a psycholpgist. Divine Blessings!
1 person found this helpful
Dear Mam I can understand your concern a lot of people are reluctant to take medications for mental health issues. However, fluvoxin is a safe medicine and us quite effective in OCD. Just like any other physical Health problem like diabetes or horn blood pressure which requires medication, OCD can be treated effectively with medications. Please talk to your psychiatrist in detail about all the concerns that you have. Apart from medication, I you can also consider taking psychological therapy for OCD. Thanks Regards.
1 person found this helpful
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.