Symptoms of Dengue
Symptoms, which usually begin four to six days after infection
and last for up to 10 days, may include
• Sudden, high fever
• Severe headaches
• Pain behind the eyes
• Severe joint and muscle pain
• Skin rash, which appears two to five days after the onset of fever
• Mild bleeding (such a nose bleed
, bleeding gums
, or easy bruising
However, serious problems can develop. These include dengue haemorrhagic fever
, a rare complication characterized by high fever
Diagnosing Dengue Fever
Your local doctor can diagnose dengue infection with a blood test to check for the virus or antibodies to it. If you become sick after traveling to a tropical area, let your doctor know. This will allow your doctor to evaluate the possibility that your symptoms were caused by a dengue infection.
1. Dengue is caused by different types of virus usually transmitted by an Aedes mosquito that is infected with a dengue virus.
2. Dengue is a communicable disease spread by mosquitoes from one human to another.
3. Improve hygiene levels for reducing infections.
4. The only way is to prevent mosquito-bites and prevent mosquitoes from breeding
5. Make sure all egg-laying habitats of mosquitoes like open and stagnant water source are cleaned up.
6. Either throw the water and clean up or treat with insecticides
7. Use protection such as window screens, long-sleeved clothes, and insecticide treated materials, coils and vaporizers.