Hello doctor, my wife is a depression patient & she is taking medicine viz. Peri Cr 12.5mg & clonax 0.25mg once a day. Now she is around 12 weeks pregnant. We are worried about, are these medicines safe at this stage for my wife as well as for our baby.

She had to continue these medication and after 12 weeks no risk to the baby
Hi, I would suggest that you stop clonax completely and only continue Pari CR. The risk of teratogenicity is highest in 1st trimester which has passed. Please get Level 2 scan also to look for any anomalies. Regards Dr Vishal Chhabra
Hi, good presence of mind to confirm risks of medications! Congratulations! Clonax 0.25mg needs to be immediately stopped as it can be harmful to growing baby. Pari-CR is NOT ENTIRELY safe, but depending upon your wife's symptom improvement & severity of her depressive illness. It can be continued with strict observation like 2 monthly ultrasound & some other blood tests. So contact your Ob/Gynecologist & discuss about these tests & your wife's current condition. Also keep your wife's Psychiatrist informed about her pregnancy & current status as Depression tends to flair up during last 2 months of pregnancy or immediately post delivery. You can also contact me for further help. Good Luck!