Get help from best doctors, anonymously
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

I am 19 years old and have a little cavity in 2 of my back teeth upside is there any other way of treating them besides filling and is there any way to whiten teeth.

6 Doctors Answered
Getting teeth filled by restorative cements is the best way to get rid of the cavity and these filling are tooth colored so these are aesthetically also nice other then getting teeth filled you can get your teeth removed bleaching is a safe procedure to get whiten.
Hi. You should get it filled at its earliest bcz if it's increases in size then would start paining for sure. And that time it would be difficult to fill in painful tooth.
No, there is no other way to treat a cavity, once indicated it should be filled by a dentist.
The cavity has to be filled up. No other way out.
Filling has to be done you may use snowdent for whitening.
Cause of discoloration ? Smoking, coffee, tea, drugs, aging, staining food (wine, blueberry, etc) genetics. We need more investigations with clinical examination to decide upon treatment. You may need deep cleaning along with whitening (bleaching) procedures and / or artificial enamel filling and / or capping. Advance procedures can be done with laser. Use Snowdent tooth paste for whitening until then. Apply SNOWDENT paste on the teeth. Wait for 10 to 15 min .Then brush your teeth with the same paste. Applying it overnight for better results. DENTAL TIPS: - Visit a dentist every six months for cleaning and a thorough dental check-up. Limit sugary food to avoid tooth decay. Gargle your mouth thoroughly after every meal. Scrub gently to clean your tongue with a tongue cleaner. Floss all your teeth inter dentally & brush twice daily, morning & night, up & down short vertical strokes, with ultra-soft bristles, indicator brush. Tooth brush to be changed every 2 months.
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.