I want to ask the question regarding the medicine tab inspiral- sr 20. It is prescribed to me by my doctor in the morning. I want to know that it has short term affect only i.e. On the daily basis from morning to evening or on taking it daily for weeks or months it creates long lasting affect. I.e. We should not miss its doses to get near to permanent change in mind and how long does it take to start this medicine make an impact on us or create changes. Please clear my all the confusions one by one. Thank you.

Dear lybrate-user I am assuming you were prescribed Inspiral (methylphenidate) for ADHD. This medication will not cause long term changes to your brain, rather will help you increase productivity on a daily basis i.e. Each day you take them your work efficiency and quality of life will be better. Over time this may help you have a better life amd increase your cnofidence. If you miss a dose your day could be worse than what ot was earlier due to rebound effects.