Hi I am alfi, make 16 years old, Two months ago, I started to have frothy/foamy urine, but when I consulted a local hospital, they said I have protein level 2+. In urine and its ok, but there weeks before I started swimming for at least 4 hours daily for a week, so from past two weeks I am having high swelling and inflammation in body, I consulted a good hospital this time and after physical examination, kft ,lft and blood and urine test, they said I have nephrotic syndrome, they did a renal biopsy, the results of biopsy will be received within 2 days but I am sacred I am from poor family in india, we don't have any money, how should I control my diet, I used to drink 4 litres above of water daily now I am told to drink only 800 ML and not allowed to eat salty foods or meat, please help there are the things I like, im sad, what diet should I follow? Can I eat chicken or beef, how to reduce the swelling, I am having trouble walking I have all my scan, blood and urine data.

Hi Lybrate user. As per your details you seem to have nephrotic syndrome. The primary treatment depends on the biopsy findings. The treatment is not very costly and just requires a good follow up with a nephrologist. Dietary precautions are mainly salt and water restriction. Normal protein intake is recommended, but you need to avoid red meat and fatty food. And most of all don’t be scared, just follow your nephrologist advise.