I have been majorly dealing with intrusive thoughts for as long as I could remember. It manifested in the form of different themes through the years. I haven't spoken about it to anyone in fear of embarrassment. And now it's taking a toll on my health and relationship. And I've been through various websites and forums looking for a cure. And that's when I stumbled across obsessive compulsive disorder. Everything I had been experiencing had been jotted down in the name of pure O ocd disorder (Counting obsession involving lucky and unlucky numbers when I was in primary school ; obsessions involving phobias - fear of losing emotions, fear of going insane, fear of death ; Sensorimotor obsession involving breathing ; Religious intrusive thoughts while praying - my opposite wishes pop up in my mind when I pray and causing panic ; Relationship obsession ). All of these themes have ruled a decent period of my living and it keeps shifting to a new subject, anything that's close to my heart. I'm tired of fighting these thoughts and at times I get numb and detached for days together and there are days when I just cry it all out. Loss of appetite also occurs. And most days I live in my head. Like I analyse and fight with these thoughts right from the moment I wake up, till I go to bed. This really is having a negative impact on my day to day activities. I need an expert to look at into it and suggest if ocd might the case. So that I can look for treatment options. Kindly advise. Thank you.

OCD
Hi. Ofcourse its OCD and seems to be of severe intensity. There is nothing to be embarrassed about. Its a clinical disorder and is completely curable. Its sad that you have not taken treatment til now but its not too late. Go for medication and along with medication psychotherapy and counseling is must. You can consult me or any psychologist for this purpose. All the best.
I would request you to meet a psychiatrist near you. For holistic recovery from any mental health issue it is essential to seek medications (if reqd) and psychotherapy. Get in touch with professionals for correct diagnosis and treatment.