Get the AppFor DoctorsHealth Feed
lybrate_logo
Shield 360

Shield360

New
ask question

Ask a question

consult online

Consult Online

0

Facebook Icon
Twitter Icon
Telegram Icon
Linkedin Icon
Health Query
Share
Bookmark
Report

Doctor prescribed Cefixime syrup dose of 2.5 ml per day for 5 days to my daughter, however, mistakenly I bought Cefixime Drop and I was giving 2.5 ml of that drop since last two days. As only 2 more doses of medicine were left in the drop, I bought Cefixime Syrup now. To my surprise I noticed that concentration of Cefixime is different for drop and syrup i.e. 1 ml of drop has 25 mg cefixime and 5 ml of syrup has 50 mg Cefixime. Please advise whether that higher dose of Cefixime can harm my baby. If so then what should I do now.

1Doctor Answered
survey-logo
Health Check 360
book_appt_icon
Book appointment with top doctors for Caring for Infants (0-1 yrs) treatment

Ask a FREE Question

Get FREE multiple opinions from Doctors

Posted anonymously
Pristyn Care Banner
ic_treatment_icon
Treatment Enquiry
Get treatment costs, find best hospitals/clinics and know other details

RELATED QUESTIONS

Hi, my son is 10 months old, he got MMR vaccine in 9th month and by mistake he got another dose of MMR vaccine in 10th month also, is it safe havin...
6

My child is of 11 month he does not eat nothing only drink milk and little bit of 2 or 3 bites of chapati only he does not eat what should now do. ...
7

Hi, my son is 7 months old He was 9 kg weight now Yesterday on wards suffering from high cold Continuously gel is coming from his nose. Kindly sugg...
78

My son have 1 and Half yrs. I still feeding breast milk. He is eager to drink only breast milk. Don't like to eat foods and all. How to solve this ...
17

Hello, my daughter is 3 months old, has e coli in stool culture. Currently taking gutgain sachet. Should it resolve on its own. Or I should consult...
13

My 5 weeks baby cry loudly every time from last three days he take milk properly when I consult doctor he replied that new born are like that but b...
37

RELATED HEALTH TIPS

Premature Birth And Long Term Effects
5094
Health tips Image

12 Signs Your Child Is Not Eating Properly!
4078
Health tips Image

How Can I Make Sure That My Baby's Hair Grow Well
6259
Health tips Image

Care Of Preterm Newborn - How To Do It?
3868
Health tips Image

Tips for Dads to Take Care of Their Baby
4032
Health tips Image

Myths About New Born Babies
5076
Health tips Image