Get the AppFor DoctorsHealth Feed
lybrate_logo
Shield 360

Shield360

New
ask question

Ask a question

consult online

Consult Online

0

Facebook Icon
Twitter Icon
Telegram Icon
Linkedin Icon
Health Query

Doctor prescribed Cefixime syrup dose of 2.5 ml per day for 5 days to my daughter, however, mistakenly I bought Cefixime Drop and I was giving 2.5 ml of that drop since last two days. As only 2 more doses of medicine were left in the drop, I bought Cefixime Syrup now. To my surprise I noticed that concentration of Cefixime is different for drop and syrup i.e. 1 ml of drop has 25 mg cefixime and 5 ml of syrup has 50 mg Cefixime. Please advise whether that higher dose of Cefixime can harm my baby. If so then what should I do now.

1Doctor Answered
survey-logo
Health Check 360
book_appt_icon
Book appointment with top doctors for Caring for Infants (0-1 yrs) treatment
Ask a FREE Question
Get FREE multiple opinions from Doctors
Posted anonymously
Pristyn Care Banner
ic_treatment_icon
Treatment Enquiry
Get treatment costs, find best hospitals/clinics and know other details

RELATED QUESTIONS

Hi, my son is 7 months old He was 9 kg weight now Yesterday on wards suffering from high cold Continuously gel is coming from his nose. Kindly sugg...
    78

I have 3 month baby (DOB-31-01-2018).in March 2018 She is suffering from stomach infection. So doctor suggest me to give her a milk powder (isomil)...
    14

My son have 1 and Half yrs. I still feeding breast milk. He is eager to drink only breast milk. Don't like to eat foods and all. How to solve this ...
    17

Respected sir/mam now my baby is 6 weeks old. Please tell me which vaccines are mandatory. And which are optional.
    8

My son is 4 months old and I feel m a terrible mother bcoz I get frustrated sometimes with his constant crying n feeding distractions. I think I sh...
    19

Hi, my son is 10 months old, he got MMR vaccine in 9th month and by mistake he got another dose of MMR vaccine in 10th month also, is it safe havin...
    6

RELATED HEALTH TIPS

12 Signs Your Child Is Not Eating Properly!
    4078
    Health tips Image

Clubfoot - Ways To Identify & Treat It Well!
    4293
    Health tips Image

Premature Birth And Long Term Effects
    5094
    Health tips Image

Immunity of Your Child - 7 Foods that Help Boost It!
    4599
    Health tips Image

Anxiousness in Kids - Tips To Help You Manage It!
    5000
    Health tips Image

Myths About New Born Babies
    5076
    Health tips Image