Hi lybrate-user, I will suggest both traditional and natural treatments to help remove dandruff
and bring your hair back to a normal condition.
1. Use both a zinc pyrithione
shampoo and anti-dandruff shampoo containing selenium
sulfide, alternating each one daily. Let the shampoo sit in your hair for five minutes. Rinse out and condition as normal.
2. Apply vitamin E oil directly to your scalp, massaging into the roots of your hair. Let it sit for 10 minutes. Jacknin claims that vitamin E oil helps to soften your scalp.
3. Take supplements of biotin
, vitamin A and vitamin B12 daily. Follow the directions on each label to take the recommended dosage. Each supplement may help to relieve dandruff.
4. Make a strong tea of burdock root by purchasing some in bulk at your health food store. Pour a one-half cup of burdock into a cooking pot. Pour 4 cups of water
, and slowly bring to a boil. Let the herbs simmer for 20 minutes. Strain the herbs with a mesh strainer and let it cool. Use this tea as a hair rinse to help remove dandruff. Burdock root produces an oil that contains essential fatty acids that may to control dandruff.
5. Add 2 tsp. Of tea tree oil to 1 quart of water. Mix both and apply to the roots of your hair. Balch says this mixture helps to reduce fungal infection
in your scalp.
Do not pick or scratch your scalp, as this may make it worse. You may want to check
with your doctor before taking herbs or other nutritional supplements, as they may interact with certain medications.
Things You'll Need
/ Zinc pyrithione shampoo
/ Anti-dandruff shampoo containing selenium sulfide
/ Vitamin E oil
/ Biotin supplement
/ Vitamin A supplement
/ Vitamin B12 supplement
/ Burdock root herb
/ Cooking pot
/Tea tree oil
Hope this helps. Good Luck.