Selenium is a mineral used for treating diseases of the blood vessel, diseases of the heart, atherosclerosis, osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, infertility, hay fever, chronic fatigue syndrome and arsenic poisoning. Selenium is also often used preventing cancers of the stomach, prostate, lung, and skin. Selenium works by increasing the action of antioxidants.
Do not take Selenium if you are allergic to any of the ingredients present in it, or if you are pregnant and/or breastfeeding. Before using Selenium tell your doctor if you are using any prescription drugs, non-prescription drugs, or other herbal and dietary pills and supplements, or if you have any upcoming surgeries. Also let your doctor know your history of medical problems, pre-existing diseases and current health conditions.
Selenium is available in oral tablet form which has to be taken by mouth, and should be taken in doses prescribed by the doctor. Dosage depends on conditions such as medical condition, diet, age, and counteraction with other medicines.
Possible side effects of Selenium include tremors, drowsiness, nausea, dizziness, lightheadedness, loss of energy, irritability, muscle tenderness, facial flushing, liver and kidney problems, and blood clotting problems.
Talk about nutrition and carbs, proteins and fats come to the mind immediately. However, these are the macronutrients and are not the only group of nutrients. More important are the micronutrients, comprising of a group of very important substances known as minerals and vitamins. Read on to know the most important vitamins and minerals that your body needs and the role they play.
Trace minerals like iodine, manganese, copper, fluoride, selenium and chromium are also essential but in very small amounts. While these are not the only essential vitamins and minerals, these are the most important ones. The quantities of these substances required on a daily basis are very small, but critical for functions listed above. In addition, some of them also help in releasing free radicals, which provides protection against cancer and chronic inflammation. This helps prevent chronic health conditions like heart disease, diabetes and stroke.
An important point to consider is while there are multiple supplements available in the market today to make sure you get all of these nutrients, try to eat a wholesome meal and get these through natural sources to the maximum extent possible. The natural foods are the best source, and supplements should be used only when these cannot be obtained naturally.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Eating a well-balanced diet is the first step towards staying healthy. We all know that our diet should contain plenty of whole grains, fruits, and vegetables. However, did you know that some foods are healthier than others? Here are the 10 most nutritious foods in the world.
1. Soybeans can help individuals control weight.
Soybeans have been known to suppress the appetite, helping people eliminate the chances of overeating that leads to obesity and other health related risks. Also, soybeans provide considerable amounts of protein, which can lead to weight gain when taken in large quantities. The weight obtained from soybeans could protect the individual from chronic diseases, such as type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular diseases.
2. Soybeans can contribute to improving your sleep.
Soybeans have a high content of magnesium, which is a mineral that is directly linked to improving the quality, duration, and tranquillity of sleep. Soybeans also help regulate the metabolism, to help reduce sleep disorders and the occurrence of insomnia.
3. Soybeans may help prevent and manage type 2 diabetes.
Soybeans have the ability to increase insulin receptors in the body. This helps the body to handle the disease effectively or prevents diabetes from forming at all.
4. Soybeans can contribute to improving circulation and oxygenation.
Soybeans are rich in copper and iron. Both are essential for the red blood cell formation. Increased red blood cell production increases oxygen to the cells and improves the metabolic activity. This prevents conditions like anemia.
5. Soybeans may help to improve your digestive health.
6. Soybeans can help decrease the risk of congenital disabilities.
Soybeans are rich in the B-vitamin complex, particularly in folic acid. Folic acid helps the body to make healthy red blood cells and prevents anemia. It is also important for maintaining rapid cell division and growth during infancy and pregnancy. A deficiency of folic acid in pregnant women can lead to the birth of underweight infants and may also result in neural tube defects in newborns.
7. Soybeans have a significant vitamin and mineral density.
Soybeans are an excellent source of calcium, magnesium, copper, selenium, and zinc. These have a role in preventing osteoporosis and help speed the bone healing process.
Erectile dysfunction is considered to be a sign of psychological or physical condition where a man is unable to get an erection or sustain it enough for sexual intercourse. It is also known as impotence and is caused due to anti-depressants, diabetes, alcohol consumption, tobacco use, smoking, heart diseases, obesity, long history of masturbation and any chronic gastric disturbance. Not only does it strain a person's relationship but also causes stress and low self esteem. Erectile dysfunction can be effectively treated by homeopathy remedies without any side effects.
1. Angus Castus
Angus Castus is considered as the best Homeopathic remedy for erectile dysfunction. It is especially effective for those who have a history of gonorrhea and suffer from depression. It is known as the Homeopathic Viagra and is extremely helpful to those who have no desire or no physical strength to have sex.
Caladium is prescribed when a man is unable to get an erection despite having sexual urge and desire. Even after caressing and intense foreplay, the person will unable to have erection. Caladium is also very helpful to stop tobacco addiction which is one of the leading causes of erectile dysfunction. Even those men with mental problems such as depression may take caladium to get erections.
Selenium is extremely useful for those who have the sexual urge to perform sex but have a very weak and slow erection. Usually the erection stays for a short period and the act of sex leaves the individual extremely weak and irritated. Those men who suffer from dribbling of semen while passing stool can also consume this.
Lycopodium is usually the most helpful to elderly people who have sexual urges but suffer from premature ejaculation or are unable to get an adequate erection. It is also very useful for those men (usually young men) who indulge in excessive masturbation or sexual activities. Lycopodium helps enhance sexual power.
5. Nuphar Luteum
This is the most effective treatment for those men who have no desire to indulge in any sexual activity. Taking nuphar luteum helps increase vitality and removes problems such as seminal discharge while passing urine or stool.
The prostate gland, an essential part of the male reproductive system grows throughout your life. As you grow older, it becomes imperative to keep this organ healthy.
Here's what you can do to maintain a healthy prostate:
1. Workout to stay fit - Exercising regularly and maintaining an optimum weight can help to keep your prostate gland at an optimal health. Several types of research have revealed the beneficial aspects of exercising. It's said that physically active men are less likely to suffer from enlarged prostate if they performed a physical activity of low to moderate intensity. Likewise, physically active men who ran for 90 to 108 minutes are 20% less likely to develop erectile dysfunction.
2. Eat fruits and vegetables - Including fruits and vegetables in your diet can help to maintain a healthy prostate. Guava, papaya, tomato and watermelon are some of the options that spell good for your prostate. Vegetables like cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli and Brussels sprouts should also be included to boost the health of the gland. Ideally, you should have about 5 servings of fruits and vegetables daily.
3. Have more soy products - Eating more soy products like tofu, soy flour, soy nuts can help to keep cancer of the prostate at bay. A study published in the British Journal of Urology International revealed that men who had soy products saw a 40% decrease in their risk of developing an enlarged prostate.
4. Have selenium-rich foods - Having foods rich in selenium (a powerful trace mineral) like tuna, eggs, cashews, onions, garlic, etc can reduce your risk of developing prostate cancer.
5. Say yes to healthy fats and no to trans and saturated fats - Choosing healthy fats like avocados, nuts, and olive oil can aid in boosting prostate health. At the same time, limiting saturated fats and trans fat intake are vital for keeping the prostate gland healthy.