I have a lump on my scalp (on the top left side of the parietal bone). I found it about 2 months ago, it appeared from nowhere, totally painless and feels like a bone. It does not seem to change (at least not significantly, it is fixed to the skull, cannot be moved and actually feels like a part of my skull but it was not there before for sure. It has an oval shape, and around 2 cm in length. Im 24 years old, male, usually healthy. I am worried that it might be dangerous. Thinking about it all day and can not fall asleep. Can you please provide with an elaborated honest opinion? I have an appointment to an ultrasound check in couple days, but my anxiety is driving me crazy. What are the possibilities? I tried to google it but found that if it is immobile, hard and painless it is not a good sign. It made me worry even more. Thank you.

Hello lybrate-user, regarding your lump you need to see the required specialist, and yes if you want to reduce your anxiety, firstly you need to stop anticipating and looking at Google. You can try avoiding thinking about it by diverting your mind to things that make you happy and you can also try certain relaxation techniques.