Sir I just wanna know what is knee transplantation. And is it safe? What is its pros and cons.

Sir I just wanna know what is knee transplantation. And i...
Knee transplantation or replacement is of two types: partial and total knee replacement. Partial knee replacement: The surgeon replaces the damaged portions of the knee with plastic and metal parts. Total knee replacement: In this procedure, the knee is replaced with an artificial joint. It requires a major surgery and hospitalization. You'll usually be in hospital for three to five days, but recovery times can vary depending on the individual and type of surgery being carried out. It is usually one of the commonest procedures performed but risk factor include stiffness of the knee, infection of the wound, deep infection of the joint replacement, needing further surgery, unexpected bleeding into the knee joint ligament, artery or nerve damage in the area around the knee joint, blood clots and many more.