Hi My age 24 I've sore throat now, and Slight pain in the throat. I've abrasions on the inside of my foreskin, yesterday, I consulted a doctor and he told me it's hsv-2 by visually diagnosing without any medical tests. And he prescribed valcet along with a cream for my condition. Although I'm sexually active but I doubt his diagnosis as I'm with only 1 partner till now and also she was virgin prior to me. Also, 2 months back my partner and I had unprotected sex when she was having a urine infection (we didn't know then). Later she got prescribed for urine infection and got cured. Now, I've encountered sore throat and it's paining a tiny bit while swallowing since today's morning, I don't know what it is. Please let me know what should I do now.

Hi
My age 24
I've sore throat now, and Slight pain in the...
Dear lybrate-user! any body can get hsv, already the viruse will be present in your body, it does not need any contact to infect u. The sorethroat can be any infection do not confuse urself without proper diagnosis, better do salt water gurgle and do the test for HSV and cd4 count. No need to panic or worry about it unwantedly.