Get help from best doctors, anonymously
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

My 2 years child got half broken his upper baby teeth and pulp exposed. So feel pain some times. Son is very active. So dentist suggest for rootcanel with some oral anesthesia.

5 Doctors Answered
Dear Lybrate user, You are well aware of your child's condition. It is nice to know that you understand the treatment that is required. Once the pulp of the tooth gets exposed, pain is inevitable and also, the pathway for the infection to reach the tooth root is open. You should try to get the treatment done else there will be chances of infection and pus formation. If left untreated, the tooth will get decayed and will need to be removed. It is important to note that the permanent tooth will only erupt around the age of 6 years. Therefore, this tooth should be saved till the eruption of the permanent tooth and hence go for the treatment. Good luck!
2 people found this helpful
Should b done as tooth should b retained till six yrs of age early tt is preferred
The tooth has to survive until 6-7 years of age when new permanent teeth erupt. So if required and as best assessed by pedodontist, you can get it root canal treated and preserve until permanent teeth erupt.
1 person found this helpful
Go for root canal treatment under Aneasthesia. It is safe and effective. As pulp is exposed you need to go for treatment. And with awake child it is impossible in 2 yrs. So go for rct under Aneasthesia.
1 person found this helpful
We usually avoid anything at all in such young children manage with pain killer syrups If not, Proceed with RCT.
1 person found this helpful
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.