I have got my already treated 4 years old root canal tooth extracted yesterday because it was paining a lot. Doc took an OPG x-ray and told me there is infection deep inside the root. So I told him to extract it. Now I am having continuous pain. I take Katerol DT 3 times a day 2 tabs. What should I do to get rid of the pain? Sometimes in between I have Mobizox also.

I have got my already treated 4 years old root canal toot...
Dear Lybrate User, As you have mentioned that you just got your root canal treated tooth extracted out a day ago and are still having pain at the extraction site, it is quite probable that the residual infection is giving you all the trouble. You should not panic and just take an antibiotic (Tab Augmentin-625 mg, thrice daily) if you are NOT ALLERGIC to any Penicillin group of drugs. Also Take Tab Enzoflam, twice daily, Tab Chymoral Forte, twice daily and Tab Pan-D once daily before breakfast (in case the medicines give you acidity or gastric discomfort). Meanwhile, if more than 24 hours have elapsed after the extraction was done, do some lukewarm mouthrinses with a pinch of salt added, 3-4 times per day. Have a soft and bland diet and do not smoke (just in case you do!). If symptoms persist, you must visit the dentist at the earliest. Be well!
Do not take frequently pain killer. Some dose is there do not take more then this. After 24 hrs of extraction daily 3-4 time wash with warm salted water, if you do not have other problem. If then also paining then visit nearst dentist.
Apply mucopain and hexigel ointments thrice daily in equal quantities and apply on the site where the tooth has been extracted, make sure that the whole tooth has been removed by getting an Xray done.