Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

I am 57 years old teeth is paining I can't eat & talk properly my lips become cross I am diabetic past 12 years.

1 Doctor Answered
I am 57 years old teeth is paining I can't eat & talk pro...
The disease of teeth and gums in which there is bone loss is called periodontitis. It is the sixth complication of diabetes. First consult your physician and check whether you blood sugar is under normal level or not. If sugar is under normal level then start dental treatment. However you can consult a dentist, its better to bring your recent blood sugar investigation, (fasting, pp, glycated hb etc). If your sugar is not under normal values then you will be prescribed some mouthwash and medicines. If there is no emergency then dental treatment can be delayed until your sugar is at normal level.
You found this helpful
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.