I am diabetic for the last ten years. Now severe leg pain especially near ankles. When I massage I get some relief but only for some minutes. I also feel itching. Kindly help.

I am diabetic for the last ten years. Now severe leg pain...
Hi thanks for your query and welcome to lybrate. I am Dr. Akshay from fortis hospital, new delhi. There are many causes for pain in legs and especially around ankles, so it can be a manifestation of a systemic disease, deficiency of vitamins like vitamin d, electrolyte imbalance, stress fractures or it can be due to involvement of anatomical structures especially muscles in legs and tendons, blood vessels etc. Actually you require a thorough evaluation and appropriate investigations before anything can be suggested, from an orthopaedic point of view, I would like to see: cbc, esr, crp, serum electrolytes and serum vitamin d levels. Do not hesitate to contact me if you need any further assistance. You can also discuss your case and treatment plans with me in a greater detail in a private consultation. Thanks & regards