A few months ago, I developed a mild pain in the upper left abdomen right below the ribs. It would come and go or sometimes stay persistent. After a couple of months, the pain started radiating to the back. I do not seem to have any other symptoms. I do not know the cause of this pain.
9 years experience
Ask Free Question
For making exact diagnosis we need some more associating symptoms n go for Abdominal ultrasound. such pain may have various causes it may be just a normal due to acidity or gastritis if present with internal sensation of burning. Or it may be due to renal stone or may be gall bladder stone some times .
27 years experience
Ask Free Question
- Your problem could be due to acidity/ GERD
- follow some precautions:
- avoid fried, spicy & junk foods, also restrict intake of tea, coffee to 1-2 cups per day
- chew your food well, do not skip meals, have meals on time, have 4-5 small meals including snacks rather than three large meals, have dinner 2-3 hrs before bedtime
- have 7-8 glasses of water daily for proper digestion
- take tablet Pantaprazol 40 mg 1 tab half an hour before breakfast
- do investigations, ECG, x- ray chest, blood cholesterol, stress tmt to rule out any other problem, consult a doctor if not much improvement.
Was this answer helpful?
Thank you for your feedback.
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.
Book appointment with top doctors for Pain in Ribs treatment