I am 60 year old male. I have no diabetes and also bp. I am getting pain in my left hand shoulder, while rising the hand for more than 90 degrees, which was not so earlier, from the last about more than 3 months. The other movements of my left hand are very normal. No accident took place in the past. Please explain the reasons and advise the remedy. Regards.

I am 60 year old male. I have no diabetes and also bp. I ...
Hi thanks for your query and welcome to lybrate. I am Dr. Akshay from fortis hospital, new delhi. Actually shoulder abduction or trying to lift the hand for more than 90 deg can lead to impingement in the affected shoulder. Also there could be some issues with rotator cuff for which an examination will be required. Sometimes periarthritis, adhesive capsulitis can also lead to shoulder symptoms but a detailed clinical examination has to be done and the only a cause can be ascribed and managed accordingly. Do not hesitate to contact me if you need any further assistance. You can also discuss your case and treatment plans with me in a greater detail in a private consultation.