Ask FREE question to Women health doctors
Private, Secure and verified doctors.

I am 30 years old. I am having a baby of age 2 months old. I am breastfeeding her. But I am having a doubt that is my milk enough for my baby. How can I know that my milk is enough for my baby. Please suggest me the foods to be taken by me to increase breast milk.

This is the common concern all the first time mothers will have, and its really simple to understand. You should look for the following signs for the adequacy of breast milk: 1. You will feel lightness in your breast after feeding. 2. Baby is passing urine every 4 hours atleast. 3. Baby is gaining weight. Thats it. To increase breast milk only one thing helps at that is confidence in yourself. Have confidence that you gonna feed your baby. Be relaxed anxiety is the major cause of decrease in breast milk supply. So sit back and relax. All other things can weight but your baby can`t so for the first 6 months of life your baby is your priority. Just take one extra meal a day for baby nothing else is required and always eat what you like to eat not what other say.
by monitoring baby's weight every month you can know if milk is enough