for increasing breastfeeding you should have to start ayurveda medicine as,
1. Tablet leptaden 2 tablet twice a day
2. Shatavari granules 20 grams a day with milk.
You can take these medicines along with any allopathic medications.
Should have to take minimum 3 to 4 months or till you are feeding your child.
If any confusion you can contact either online or offline to consultants.
Regards Dr. nikul patel
Hey lybrate-user don't worry first of all you take milk & milk products to increase your milk secretion. Then with the help of thumb and index finger massage your nipples to come out, other wise take out your milk and feed the baby with the spoon.
MBBS, M.S Obstetrics & Gynaecology, F.MAS FELLOWSHIP IN MINIMAL ACCESS SURGERY, D. MAS Dipolma in MINIMAL ACCESS SURGERY, FICRS, Fellowship in COSMETIC GYNAECOLOGY, Diploma in advanced Laparoscopy for Urogynaecology & Gynaec oncology, Basic training course in minimal invasive surgery in Gynaecology, Basics of Colposcopy, Fellowship in Cosmetic Gynaecology, Certificate course in diagnostic ultrasound imaging, Certificate of hands on training in hysteroscopy, Certificate course in diabetes, Fellowship in assisted reproductive technology, Certificate program in aesthetic Medicine, Certificate of operative Hysteroscopy, Certificate course in clinical embryology
MS, MBBS, Diploma in Reproductive Medicine (Germany), Senior Resident
-give regular and frequent feeds to the baby, especially don't skip night feeds.
- take adequate nutrition. Foods that increase milk production are methi leaves and seeds, almonds, oats, brown rice, bread.
- hydration is most important, take plenty of water to boost milk supply - you can use" galact granules" powder twice daily with milk to increase supply.
- whenever breast is full, express the excess milk. Don't let breasts get harder as it eventually reduces milk supply -if you're wondering how much milk you are getting, try using manual/electric breast pump.
- if you have flat or inverted nipples, consult gyn once.
MSCDFSM, medical toxicologist, HIV counsellor, diabetic educator, addiction and mental health counsellor , DNHE, CNCC, Sex Ed , OT TECHNOLOGY
as your baby is of only 14 days
so you can't decide whether she is liking or not. Always keep in mind baby will not show you urge for feed ,you need to try every minutes for feed doesn't matter she is taking or not you need to try again n again and when baby is feeding than try for both breast not for only one side.
So make sure you are in good feeding posture and baby is in comfortable pose than start feed.
You can try reglan 10 mg- twice daily after food for 3-5 days, provided she doesn't have any neuromuscular problem. Regarding she is fit to take reglan or not, her personal doctor will be able to say as she will be knowing her history. Also some home remedies like taking ajwain and til sometimes helps.