Consult Online With India's Top Doctors
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

Hi my baby s 15 days old and he s feeling mre difficulty 2 pass motion n toilet he s often crying .can I give him sugar water? Else please suggest me something. Thank you.

1 Doctor Answered
lybrate-user, Thanks for the query. If the milk intake is inadequate, infant may not pass much stools. Now a days other than breast milk nothing is to be given in first few months. It is better to consult your pediatrician. But do not give sugar water for now. Breast milk is the only nutrition for the baby. Thanks.
10 people found this helpful
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.