Doctors in Mahajan Hospital
Management of Abortion
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Submit a review for Mahajan HospitalYour feedback matters!
- Bottom to heels stretch: This helps to stretch and mobilize the spine. Keep your knees and hands in line with your hips and shoulders. Do not over arch your back as that will just bring you a negative impact. Move your bottom backwards. Hold the stretch while you breathe in and out once. Repeat this exercise 8 to 10 times.
- Knee Rolls: For this exercise you have to lie down on your back. Support your head with a cushion or a book. Bend your knees and keep them together. Relax your upper body. Then roll your knees, followed by your pelvis, from one side to another. Hold your stretch while you inhale and exhale once.
- Back extensions: For this exercise you need to lie on your stomach. You will have to prop yourself on your elbows. Arch your back while you put your hands on the ground and hold it for 5 to 10 seconds.
- Deep abdominal strengthening: You have to lie on your back. Support your head with a cushion or a book. Keep your knees bent and your feet straight, relax your upper body and breathe in and out while stretching your stomach muscles. Hold it for 5 to 10 breaths.
- Decompression Breathing: Stand with your heels slight apart from each other. Reach out overhead, lift your ribcage away from your hips while inhaling, and tighten your core while exhaling.
For a healthy and strong lower back you may require some other exercises, but to control the pain in your lower back you should absolutely make a point to try these out.
Long before the market was flooded with various health supplements, one supplement which is widely recommended and used are the cod liver oil capsules. Known to be good for overall health and the liver in particular, they have continued to be popular among doctors and patients alike. Read on to know a little more about this wonder pill and why this is such a big hit!
The livers of the fresh water fish Gadus morhua is loaded with omega-3 fatty acids, which is known for its anti-inflammatory properties. However, the fish is not very palatable, but the supplements made from it areverymuch popular. The belief is that popping one pill a day call help keep all inflammations at bay along with keeping your liver in good health. This pill packs in various nutrients, including vitamin D, vitamin A, and Omega-3 fatty acids.
Let us take a look at the host of benefits that Cod Liver Oil capsules have to offer:
- Omega-3 fatty acids are known to reduce inflammation. Therefore, it helps prevent heart health and prolong the onset of diabetes. It also improves response to diabetic therapy.
- It prevents blood clotting, thereby preventing stroke
- It lowers bad cholesterol and improves good cholesterol levels
- It reduces risk of osteoarthritis
- It improves immunity, and therefore reduces risk of autoimmune diseases
- Improves overall response to infections and healing
- Prevents kidney and liver disease
- Improves overall metabolism
- Improves bone health and helps in the treatment of arthritis and osteoporosis
- Improves mental health and improves depression and mood changes
- The vitamin A and D are also good for skin and give it a glow. The oil in the capsule also adds to the benefits on the skin and hair.
- The vitamin D acts both as a hormone and as a vitamin. It is essential for bone health, skin, immunity, and overall energy levels. A person with low vitamin D levels can have weak bones which are prone for fracture.
- The vitamin A in particular is known for its ability to reduce oxidative stress. This reduces overall inflammation levels in the body and can prevent chronic disorders like diabetes, cancer, heart disease, etc. It also improves immunity, night vision, cellular growth, ovarian function, testicular health, and reduces chronic disease.
- It is loaded with fats which are healthy and therefore improves the way body responds to insulin. This helps in controlling diabetes. Taking over prolonged periods, it can also be a natural anti-diabetes supplement.
- These same fats are also responsible for the production of sex hormones, and therefore improve sex health and reproductive health.
- It also provides protection against gastric ulcers and reduces acid secretion in the stomach, reducing pain and bleeding.
While using purely as a supplement, do not consume more than 1000 mg per day. It is however advised to consult a medical practitioner before taking Cod Liver oil capsules.
An essential prerequisite for good health is having regular bowel movements. People all over the world have a misconception about the regularity of bowel movements. Having bowel movements three times a day or three times a week (if that is the routine) is considered regular. Irregularity in bowel movements can often lead to constipation and it is something that should never be ignored. It not only affects our health but also affect our overall being in ways that are unexpected. Let us take a look at some of these unexpected side effects of not pooping regularly:
- Constipation can trigger headaches: The cause for a headache can be many things, but the first likely reason is stress. When you do not poop properly, the pain, inconvenience and worry will build up, leading to mental stress. This anxiety can trigger headaches. Also, headache can occur because of dehydration, which is often a result of constipation. By drinking more water, you can get a relief from both constipation and headaches. Moreover, the buildup of toxins in the body also causes a headache. regular is a key channel that releases all the toxins from the body and when that does not work, it is bound to cause problems.
- It can cause breakouts: What happens in and out the gut shows up on the skin. Skin conditions like acne, pimple, dark circles and even rashes can occur due to internal gut and digestive issues. When the toxins are not eliminated regularly from the body, they tend to accumulate over time leading to major skin breakouts.
- It carries a risk of anal fissures: Due to hardened stool, there is not enough lubrication and this can lead to a tear of the skin. This is called an anal fissure and the prime symptom of this condition is the presence of blood in your stool. So, if you feel pain or see blood while pooping, you need to contact your healthcare provider and relieve your condition.
- It may cause Diverticula or Heamerhoids: Long term constipation can lead to certain ailments which tend to form because of the pressure of straining to pass your poop. You can be affected with diverticula which result in bulges or pouches on the lining of the colon area. Or it can also cause a strain in the veins along the rectum and lead to
- It affects your Bladder control: The colon and the bladder share a close relationship with each other. If there is too much pressure on the bladder because of a full colon, it can lead to decreased control of the bladder. Your bladder will not fill all the way, empty badly or cause unexpected leakages. So, chronic constipation can cause apparent leakage problems too.
- It can make you lose appetite: Eating food can be a major turn off for people with constipation. Appetite loss is not just an enjoyable form of hunger suppression, but a big inconvenience.
A mother’s milk is said to be the most nutritious food for a new born baby. It contains the perfect balance of carbohydrates, fats, proteins, vitamins and minerals needed for your baby and changes to keep up with your baby’s growing needs. However, the benefits of breastfeeding extend way beyond nutritional value. Breastfeeding is beneficial for both you and your baby. Ideally, a baby should be breastfed for at least the first six months.
- Stronger immunity: Mother’s milk is rich in antibodies and a number of unique compounds that help the newborn child’s body fight bacterial and viral infections. No other form of baby food is as rich in these antibodies. Babies who have been breastfed have a lower risk of suffering from ailments such as ear infection, stomach upsets and respiratory problems. The first milk expressed by a woman’s breasts after giving birth is known as colostrums. This milk coats the baby’s digestive system and prevents the growth of harmful bacteria.
- Fewer allergies: Breast milk is easier to digest than formula or cow’s milk. This protects the gastrointestinal passages from inflammation and prevents undigested food from triggering allergic reactions. Being breastfed can also reduce the number of allergies a child may suffer from in their later years.
- Healthy body weight: Breastfeeding makes a child less likely to suffer from obesity in their later childhood and adult years. This is because breast milk contains less insulin and more hormones as compared to formula. This helps regulate fat absorption. On an average, babied fed on formula put on weight quickly and are more likely to overeat in their later years.
- Stronger bones: Breastfeeding is beneficial for both the child and the mother. When a woman is breastfeeding her child, her body’s ability to absorb calcium increases. This helps increase bone density, especially as pregnancy can make bones weak.
- Builds a strong mother-child bond: After 9 months of carrying a child to term, giving birth may lead to post partum depression and a mother may feel the connection between her and the child severed. Breastfeeding helps nurture this connection and provides emotional relief to both the mother and child. For the mother, this experience releases hormones that reduce stress and relax the body. For the baby, close physical contact is very important and this process provides the perfect opportunity to do so.
Gynecological cancer is any tumor that begins in a woman’s reproductive organs. Cancer is usually named after the part of the body where it begins. Gynecologic cancer starts in different areas within a woman’s pelvis, which is the territory beneath the stomach and in the middle of the hipbones. There are different types of gynecological cancers and these are as follows:
- Cervical cancer starts in the cervix, which is the lower, narrower end of the uterus. The uterus is also called the womb.
- Ovarian cancer starts in the ovaries, which are situated on each side of the uterus.
- Uterine cancer starts in the uterus, the pear-shaped organ in a woman's pelvis where the child develops when a lady is pregnant.
- Vaginal cancer starts in the vagina, which is the empty, tube-like channel between the base of the uterus and ends as the vaginal opening.
- Vulvar cancer starts in the vulva, the external part of the female genital organs.
Signs and symptoms of the above-mentioned gynecologic cancers can be very vague; however, there are a few issues each lady needs to know about and look for. The following are some of the common symptoms of different gynecological cancer:
- Swollen leg (ordinarily happens in one leg and comes with pain or discharge)
- Irregular vaginal bleeding (particularly in a lady who has experienced menopause)
- Unexplained weight loss
- Consistent bladder weight or increased urination
- Loss of appetite, while always feeling full
- Pelvic or stomach pain
- Bloated stomach
- Consistent weakness
- Compelling, sudden onset bloating
- Trouble eating or feeling full rapidly
- Urinary indications (urge or recurrence)
- Vaginal draining or spotting after menopause
- New onset of heavy flow during periods or bleeding between two-period cycles
- A watery pink or white discharge from the vagina
- Two or more weeks of steady pain in the lower abdomen or pelvic region
- Pain during sex
- A red, pink or white bump that has a crude or wart-like surface
- A white area that feels unpleasant and rough
- Continuous itching
- Pain or a smoldering feeling while urinating
- Bleeding and discharge not connected with monthly cycle
- An open sore or ulcer that lasts over a month
A large portion of the symptoms connected with gynecologic cancers may occur due to other reasons every once in a while, which may make us ignore them. It is vital to be tuned into your body and pay consideration on any progressions. In case you see new side effects that are happening every day for more than a couple of weeks, this can be an indication of gynecological cancer. Try not to worry. Make sure to go for regular check-ups at your gynecologist.
In the recent years, with the building work pressure and the increasing stress in our everyday activities, our regular lives have become choc-a-bloc with all sorts of engagements. This often renders our bodies prone to fatigue and listlessness. This phenomenon can often be observed in an intensified form by way of a disorder called Fibromyalgia or as it is deemed in common parlance, "rheumatism". Fibromyalgia is an ailment which causes pain in the body tissues. The tender and fibrous tissues like muscles, ligaments and tendons are often affected by this disease. As a consequence of Fibromyalgia, one feels incapacitated to work or perform any physical activity. Sometimes Fibromyalgia is accompanied by extreme headaches, sleep disturbances, muscle pain and consistent dizziness. The degree of chronicity of the disease may vary but the underlying cause remains the same. Given the high incidence of the disease, the treatment for the same is also widely available. However, for a more effective and lasting cure, many resort to homeopathy.
RhusTox is an excellent antidote for rheumatism induced stillness and muscle pain. When paired with suitable exercises, it can afford a lot of relief.
RutaGrav aids in relieving tendon pains and sustained usage helps in restoring muscle strength in case of Fibromyalgia.
Often the Fibromyalgia pain gets aggravated with a marked change in the season. Rhododendron mitigates the intensity of the pain.
For any injury induced body ache, Arnica is an extremely effective cure. It also functions as the foremost option, when the precise causes or the symptoms are unknown.
Certain forms of Fibromyalgia are accompanied with soreness, weakness and a feeling of stillness. Causticum soothes such ailments.
Bryonia alleviates chronic pain in the soft tissues of the body. Exposure to heat needs to be avoided mandatorily in order to optimize the effect of Bryonia.
7. Kalmia Latifolia
When, besides the obverse symptoms of Fibromyalgia, the pain in the muscle is accompanied with a feeling of cold and numbness, one of the best homeopathic cures is Kalmia Latifolia.
Fibryomalgia is an ailment which not only manifests physical troubles but also affects one's emotional status adversely. Therefore, to mete out the best remedy, homeopathy carefully assess both the physical and the psychosocial bearing of the patient before recommending a particular cure.
Ovarian cancer is referred to as the cancer of the ovaries. The ovaries are a component of the female reproductive system. There are two ovaries located on either side of the uterus in a woman's body. Ovaries which are the organs responsible for producing egg cells also produce the hormones estrogen and progesterone. Ovarian cancer is a type of cancer which often goes undetected until it has spread all the way to the pelvis and the abdomen. However, it is also very difficult to treat the condition in its later stages which is why diagnosing ovarian cancer quickly is quintessential.
Here is everything you need to know about ovarian cancer:
1. No symptoms at first
Usually, in its early stages ovarian cancer does not cause any symptoms.
2. Abnormal bloating
Bloating is when your abdomen swells due to excess fluid or gas inside. Abnormal bloating is more frequently associated with irritable bowel syndrome or even constipation is a common symptom of ovarian cancer.
3. Feeling full quickly
This is also an associated symptom which has often been mistaken for constipation or irritable bowel syndrome.
4. Weight loss
This is one of the more common signs of ovarian cancer.
5. Discomfort in the pelvis area
This symptom occurs towards the later stages of ovarian cancer after it has already spread.
Constipation is a symptom of ovarian cancer as well.
7. Frequent urination
This is yet another symptom which is a sign of ovarian cancer.
The symptoms of ovarian cancer are often mistaken with that of irritable bowel syndrome and constipation.
As with other forms of cancer, it is still very unclear what exactly causes ovarian cancer.
Surgery most commonly involves removing large parts of the female reproductive system which includes the ovaries, the fallopian tubes, the uterus as well as the lymph nodes. The surgeon will also try and remove as many cancer cells as possible from the abdomen and pelvic areas.
Chemotherapy is usually done after surgery. It is usually performed so that the rest of the cancer cells are killed off. Chemotherapy drugs can be injected directly into the vein, abdominal cavity or sometimes even both.
Pregnancy can be easy and smooth, while on the other hand, it might be time consuming, marred with conception difficulties all along the way. Pregnancy may seem exciting to some, whereas it can be stressful for others. Regardless of whether it is the first child you are planning or have had a successful pregnancy previously; there are some tips you need to keep in mind in order to improve fertility and give birth to a healthy child.
These fantastic swimmers are at the very root of male fertility. Some important components which need to be taken into consideration are sperm count, sperm motility (the ability of the sperm to swim around the female reproductive tract) and morphology (shape and size of a sperm). In order to have all these parameters in check and working fine, one needs to abstain from smoking and limit alcohol consumption among many other lifestyle modifications.
Having unprotected vaginal intercourse during the woman’s fertile days in a month helps improve chances of conception.
Fertility becomes a challenge when you are either overweight or underweight. The weight of a woman affects ovulation (The release of eggs from the ovaries) and causes hormonal imbalance; factors which make it very difficult to conceive. Keep your weight levels in check and that could prove primarily essential in bettering your fertility.
Staying well nourished boosts your odds of conceiving! Make sure to include enough protein, iron, zinc, vitamin C, and vitamin D in your diet, because deficiencies in these nutrients have been linked to lengthened menstrual cycles (and therefore less frequent ovulation) and a higher risk of early miscarriage. Ask your gynaecologist if you should take a daily multivitamin supplement. And be sure to eat protein-rich foods, such as meat, fish, low-fat dairy products, eggs, and beans.
Beware of STDs or Sexually Transmitted Diseases. One is the most prone to STDs of any kind if he/she happens to engage in unprotected sexual intercourse; having a number of sexual partners just ups the chances of getting afflicted by STD. Protected vaginal intercourse helps prevent STDs, thus enhancing fertility and subsequently, chances of conception.
According to several studies, the lubricant one chooses surprisingly plays a significant role in determining fertility. Not all lubricants boost fertility and sperm motility (sperm count). Baby oil or egg whites are a few good examples of such lubricants.
While a limited amount of caffeine consumption is good, overdoing it might spoil and hamper fertility. Limit caffeine intake and keep it within a level of 200-250mg a day.
Smoking, besides playing havoc with every organ in the body, affects the reproductive organs and thus fertility. In men, it leads to reduced sperm count and in women, it causes DNA damage. Stub the bud right now and never get back to it.
Certain toxic chemicals can lead to female and male infertility. So it is advisable that you stay away from chemicals such as pesticides, organic solvents and lead, the primary toxins which pose a severe threat to fertility.
- Exercising regularly can never go wrong. It gives you the strength and stamina, boosting your overall health. However, vigorous exercises, especially when you are trying to conceive, will do you no good. It might adversely lead to the suppression of certain hormones such as progesterone (pregnancy stimulating hormone) and might affect ovulation, hence affecting fertility. Aim at a regular 20 minutes session of light exercises; mild cardiovascular exercises such as walking can work wonders, especially in such circumstances.
Mobility for a person is very important, and when you look through, the hip is a very important component to this. It connects the upper and lower parts of the body and helps in movement. It is a ball and socket joint, where the hip bone provides a socket, into which the upper part of the thighbone (femur) sits into, allowing for free movement.
Like any other human organ, the hip also is prone to damage. Be it natural ageing, infection, injury, or diseases, hip movement can be affected, leading to limited movement and increased pain and stiffness. For these people, being able to get back a hip which will allow them to be back on their feet is a boon for sure. It helps in relieving pain and improving mobility, almost giving people a second lease of life.
Reasons for hip replacement:
- With natural ageing, the hip joint can lose its ability to move, due to normal wear and tear of the hip and thigh bones
- Diseases of the hips (infectious or autoimmune) can also lead to hip replacement
- Injury or trauma is another major cause that requires hip replacement
- Joint problems, leading to repeated dislocations
- Tumours of the relevant bones
Understanding the procedure in detail
- The affected bones (whether diseases or worn out) are replaced with a prosthesis which is compatible with the normal body tissue.
- While some materials fuse to the natural bone, others do not and are simply placed as a separate unit
- This is a surgery which requires hospitalisation and stays for up to 5 days depending on patient’s overall health condition
- The entire procedure may take a couple of hours and is usually done under general anaesthesia
- An incision is made through the side of the hip
- Both the hip and the thigh joints are prepared, diseased tissue removed, re-shaped, etc. to make way for the prosthesis
- The prosthesis is introduced through the same incision and positioned into place
- As noted earlier, there are two types. The ones which fuse to the bone have pores in them into which normal bone eventually grows.
- The other variety is the cemented version, and a glue is used to keep it in place
- Most doctors now use a combination, that is cement a porous prosthesis, into which bone will grow, and the incisions are closed
- The patient stays in the hospital for 1 to 4 days depending on overall health
- Once discharged, infection and pain control are continued
- Exercise and physiotherapy play a major role in restoring normal function
- Weight management is also very important