Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shruti MahajanYour feedback matters!
Placenta- posterior, left lateral, circumvallate type. Associated with increased incidence of antepartum hemorrhage, premature labour. These are the report given by doctor. And wanted to know more in detail what exactly it is. As I wasn't there when doctor gave the report my wife didn't understand much what the doctor said. As again I have the appointment date for next week so wanted to know if something serious.
I'm 19 years old n my fiance is 24 years old we both intimate but when it come to my breast part its pain a lot while he sucking it and touching when he sucks it he bite my nipple also its feel like i'm feeding my baby so is there any side effect of this.
Today I got 1 day of periods. Usually I got 35 average days of length. Really it's hard to find the fertility day. I am planning to get conceive. The symptoms of the fertility day is hard to find. When I start my intercourse and when I stop it before my periods date reach. Den which time is best to get in intercourse is it night or early morning. Or can I get in both tym.
An anal fissure can affect people of all ages, and it’s often seen in infants and young children. Constipation is a common problem in this age group and it is a major cause of this problem.
An anal fissure usually isn’t a serious condition. In most cases, the tear heals on its own within four to six weeks. In cases where the fissure persists beyond eight weeks, it’s considered chronic, or long term.
- A visible tear in the skin around the anus
- A small lump of skin just next to the tear
- A sharp pain in the anal area during bowel movements
- Streaks of blood on stools or on wiping
- Burning or itching around the anus
- Straining during childbirth
- Straining during bowel movements as a result of constipation
- Chronic constipation
- Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD)
- Overly tight anal sphincter muscles
In rare cases, an anal fissure may develop due to:
- Anal cancer which occurs due mostly to ano-receptive sex without barrier protection
- HIV infection
Let’s take a closer look at these risk factors.
- Anal fissures are common in infants and young kids. Older adults also become prone to anal fissures as the blood flow to the anorectal region decreases.
- Women also become prone to these fissures due to straining during childbirth.
- The inflammation that occurs in the intestinal lining in people with IBD makes the tissue around the anus more prone to tearing, further causing fissures.
- People who frequently experience constipation are at an increased risk for fissures. Also, one can suffer from fissures due to straining and passing large, hard stools. In both these cases, one may experience tears in the anal lining.
- Frequent diarrhea can also tear the skin around the anus and so can ano-receptive sex without protection. This can lead to sexually transmitted diseases like genital herpes, HIV/AIDS and infection with HPV virus which causes anal cancer.
Treatment usually helps control anal fissures and the discomfort it causes. Your doctor will prescribe stool softeners and topical pain relievers to stem discomfort. However, if these do not make your anal fissure go away then surgery may be required. And in addition to this, your doctor will also need to look for other underlying causes that can cause anal fissures like for example anal cancer.
- An anal fissure can be diagnosed by simple physical exam. The doctor looks at the area around your anus and follows it up with a rectal exam to confirm the diagnosis.
- This can mean the use of an anoscope. In this, the doctor inserts an anoscope into your rectum to be able to see the anal tear.
- An anoscope is a thin tube and it allows doctors to inspect the anal canal. An anoscope is also used to diagnose other causes of anal or rectal pain such as hemorrhoids or piles. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Surgeon.
After how many days of the start of periods can I hope to conceive? I got my menses on 3rd June. When are the chances of conceiving high if I have unprotected sex?
Is contraceptive device IUCD Is safe or not. Yesterday a gynaecologist suggest me this hormonal IUCD. Dr. tell me this is a five year contraceptive device, no need to worry. Dear Lybrate doctor pl tell me about this. Mala d fails lactation starts. Copper T failed, bleeding starts, tab.bgap failed, unwanted pregnancy, we do not want tubectomy or vasectomy. Pl tell what precaution reg. Sex if Dr. Insert this device in uterus. If this device harmful to my sexual organ, or any other problem during sexual intercross.
STDs or diseases that spread due to the exchange of bodily fluids and most of them are treatable in nature, but one should get them treated as soon as poosible and should not ignore them as them can turn fatal as well. And, yes STDs can also spread without having sex. Some of the most common way of getting STDs without penetrative intercourse is mentioned below.
The most common way of contracting Sexually transmitted disease without sexual intercourse is:
1. Pucker up: Kissing can also cause STDs. Infections can be transmitted through the saliva if you swap your spit. Diseases like Mononucleosis and STD’s like herpes can be transmitted through kissing. This can cause cold sores and infections in the mouth.
2. Oral sex: If a person has an STD, he or she can easily transmit the disease to their partner by having oral sex. During oral sex, fluids from the genitals can flow to the mouth and vice versa. For example STDs caused by herpes simplex virus 2 can be easily transferred by oral sex. Chlamydia can also be transferred by oral sex. This can cause infections and immense discomfort in your throat. STDs can be prevented by wearing a condom or using a dental dam during oral sex.
3. Contaminated foods: You can also develop STD like Hepatitis A from food which is contaminated. If a person infected with an STD prepares your meal without washing his or her hand after using the restroom, it can easily contaminate your meal thus, transmitting the disease.
4. Touching bases: Skin to skin contact or indirect contact with a person who already has an STD can make you prone to contracting STDs. It can be caused by using an unwashed sex toy with an infected person and also with hand to genital contact.
5. Tanning salons: STDs can be easily spread from person to person by means of a tanning bed. If the surface of the tanning bed is contaminated by someone who has STDs, the risk of developing an STD increases for the next person who ends up using the same bed.
6. Razors and syringes: Sharing a razor or anything which pierces or cuts the skin is an easy and common cause behind contracting an STD. If the razor cuts the skin of an infected person and is contaminated with blood, the next person using that razor can develop STD due to blood contact. The same may be said of a syringe where users share them. Many people, especially drug users shared common syringes which resulted in large scale transmission of HIV. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Sir/mam Without sterilization kya mai lifetime safe sex kar sakti hu. Kabhi pregnancy nahi aaye mujhe. Koi aisa way hai except copper-t to bataiye detail me mujhe please.
I have thyroid during pregnancy but before pregnancy it was not there .so is it necessary to check it after delivery? My son is 8 months old I did not checked.
Mene ek ladki ke sath kiss or fingering kiya tha Pichle mahine but uski iss mahine periods date 10 days above ho gaya hai, kya wo sex ki wajah se ho raha hai? please tell me the ans please plz.
My chums got delayed by around thirteen days. She recommended blood hcg, thyroid and ultrasound of internal reproductive organs vaginally which I am scared of. If chums have happened I can skip blood hcg I believe.
Genital herpes is a sexually transmitted disease. One out of every six people in the United States suffers from this disease. It is more common than you think. Like any other STD, it is extremely important to take proper protection (use a condom) while engaging in sexual activities.
Genital Herpes is caused by the herpes simplex virus (HSV). There are two types of herpes simplex virus.
- HSV-1 is most commonly associated with blisters and ulcers around the mouth known as cold sores.
- HSV-2 is associated with blistering lesions in genital areas that are exposed during sexual contact.
However, both types of herpes simplex virus can infect the mouth or the genital areas, meaning that genital contact with a cold sore on the mouth can lead to genital herpes. Likewise, kissing someone with a cold sore can spread the herpes simplex virus infection.
After the initial outbreak of herpes, the virus travels through the nerves and resides in nerve tissue within the body.
Most people with genital herpes don’t know they have it. That’s because in most people it produces either no symptoms or very mild ones.
Symptoms of Genital Herpes:
- The area around your genitalia becomes red and cracked without any pain or itching.
- Itching around your anal region
- Blisters around your genitalia can cause immense pains when they break open.
- Pain in the open sores while urination.
- Headaches and backaches.
- Flu and swollen lymph nodes are very common.
- Fatigue is also felt if you suffer from genital herpes.
Symptoms like these can be mistaken for other infections such as vaginal yeast infections, bacterial infections and bladder infections. So, if you are suffering from such symptoms it is advisable to go in for a health check up followed by a physical exam and a blood test to confirm whether you have genital herpes or not.
How can it get spread?
You can only get Genital Herpes from vaginal intercourse and not anal or oral intercourse. The fluid present in the sore of a genital herpes patient has infected fluid. If the fluid comes in contact with their partner’s sexual organs while having intercourse they can be easily infected.
Can Symptoms Be Treated?
There is no cure for genital herpes. But the symptoms can be lessened and prevented with treatment. Treatment can also reduce the risk of infecting others.
Your healthcare provider may prescribe antiviral medications to help prevent or reduce the pain and discomfort from an outbreak of symptoms. Medication taken on a daily basis to suppress the virus can reduce the number of outbreaks and reduce the risk of infecting others
How to Avoid Getting Genital Herpes:
- Try to have sex with people who have been tested negative for herpes or any other STDs.
- Use a latex condom while having sex. It prevents any sort of liquid to pass inside your partner’s genitalia. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
My sister is 2 and a half month pregnant and she is suffering from frequent vomiting and nausea plz revert a consultation.
I get too much pain during periods and that is unbearable. please give me any suggestions . period are regular . Always but only it pains too much and it becomes difficult for me to go outside anywhere these days.
6 ways in which changing weather affects health
The impact of weather and the natural world on human health is multifarious. The science that pertains to atmospheric effects on the body is known as biometeorology and experts in this field have conducted various tests and studies to determine the nature of the relationship between changes in weather patterns and the health of human beings.
Some of the ways in which seasonal and atmospheric changes in weather affect human health are as follows:
- Migraines and Headaches
People who are susceptible to frequent attacks of headaches and migraines are easily affected by changes in weather. Falling atmospheric pressure, spikes in temperature and increase in humidity can lead to these conditions.
- Asthma attacks
Fluctuations in weather patterns are known to cause asthma attacks in those who suffer from respiratory conditions. This happens especially in the case of thunderstorms or sudden temperature drops.
- Stiffening of joints
The onset of cold and damp weather conditions are known to cause joint stiffness. Those who suffer from chronic joint pain and arthritis suffer the most when the weather turns for the worse.
Many people blame the occurrence of allergy related symptoms to the presence of pollen in the air during spring. But in certain cases, anomalies in atmospheric pressure, temperature and humidity can lead to the onset of allergies and related symptoms such as incessant coughing, sneezing and nasal congestion.
- Cardiovascular disorders
Low temperatures create a lot of risks for those who suffer from heart conditions and other cardiovascular disorders. Cold weather impairs functioning of the arteries by constricting them and can lead to heart attacks and strokes. Harsh winters and cold waves are problematic for heart patients as their thermoregulatory systems are poorly equipped to deal with the drop in mercury levels.
- Skin diseases
The skin is the first line of defense against external factors like changes in the temperature. Hot and humid weather can cause skin rashes and eczema, leading to itchiness and irritation. On the other hand, cold and windy climes are known to make the skin rough and dehydrated. Hence, temperature fluctuations adversely affect skin health.
Related Tip: 4 Ways to Never Fall Sick at Season Change
I am 21 years female having a problem of pcos in border line. My thyroid profile is normal. I didn't use any medication for pcos. No my problem is that I am not getting my periods regularly. I used to take promlt_N 10mg OD for 5 days and got periods since 3 months. Using this hormone pills is good or not? Pls give me suggestion what I have to do.
Apply and massage fresh aloe vera gel taken from the plant, it is very useful in getting rid of black marks on skin.