Treatment & Management of Stress
Management of Abortion
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Caesarean Section Procedure
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Weight Management Treatment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Submit a review for Dhanwantari HospitalYour feedback matters!
वैज्ञानिक नाम लॉसोनिया इनर्मिस वाले मेहंदी के फायदे से हम काफी हद तक परिचित हैं. खासकरके मेहंदी के पत्तों को पीसकरके बालों और हाथ पैर में लगाने की जानकारी तो सबको होगी. मेहंदी भारत, अरब देश, पूर्वी द्वीप समूह और उत्तरी अमेरिका में उगाया जाता है. मेहंदी के छोटे सफ़ेद या गुलाबी फुलों की खुशबु भी काफी अच्छी होती है.
मेहंदी के औषधीय फायदे मुख्यतः के लिए इसके तेल, छाल और बीज का सर्वाधिक इस्तेममाल किया जाता है. मेहंदी के पौधे में पोषक तत्वों और रसायन की प्रचुरता होती है. इसमें कई प्रकार के प्रभाव जैसे कि एंटीइन्फ्लेमेटरी, एंटीबैक्टीरियल, एंटीवायरल और कसैलापन आदि देखने को मिलते हैं. इसके फायदों को ठीक से समझने के लिए निम्लिखित बिन्दुओं को पढ़ें.
1. खून की सफाई में
मेहंदी का प्रयोग खून की सफाई में भी किया जाता है. खून साफ़ करने के लिए आयुर्वेदिक औषधि के रूप में इसका इस्तेमाल किया जाता है. इसके लिए रात को सोते समय साफ़ पानी में मेहंदी के पत्ते भिगोकर रख दें सुबह पत्तों कू छानकर अलग कर दें पानी को पी जाएँ. इससे खुन की सफाई हो जाती है.
2. गठिया में
जोड़ों के दर्द या गठिया के उपचार में भी मेहंदी की भूमिका देखि गई है. घुटनों या जोड़ों में दर्द की समस्या होने पर ये फायदा पहुंचाता है. इसके लिए मेहंदी और अरंडी के पत्तों को को एक समान मात्रा में मिलाकर इसके मिश्रण को हल्का गर्म करके घुटनों पर लेप करें.
3. माइग्रेन में
सर में किसी प्रकार का दर्द या माइग्रेन की परेशानी में भी मेहंदी का सकारात्मक प्रभाव देखा गया है. ठन्डे तासीर वाली मेहंदी को पीसकर सर पर पट्टी करने से तुरंत राहत मिलता है. इससे किसी भी प्रकार के सरदर्द में आपको राहत मिलती है.
4. जलने पर
शरीर के किसी हिस्से में जलने पर भी मेहंदी अपना असर दिखाता है. शरीर के जिस हिस्से या अंग में जला है वहां पर पीसे हुए मेहंदी के छाल या पत्ते को लगाएं. इससे तुरंत राहत मिलती है. खासकरके जब मेहंदी की पत्तियां हरी और ताज़ी हों.
5. बालों के लिए
बालों में मेहंदी लगाने के फायदे तो सभी लोग जानते ही हैं. दरअसल अब तो इसके कई और मिश्रण बाजार में आ गए हैं. बालाओं में दही, आंवला और मेथी पाउडर का घोल तैयार करके इसे अपने बालों में लगाएं. ऐसा करने से आपके बाल काले, घने और चमकदार बनेंगे.
ठण्ड महसूस करने के लिए
6. गर्मी को कम करने में
घर-घर में प्रचलित मेहंदी महिलाओं के लिए एक तरह से ज्वैलरी का भी काम करता है. इसके साथ ही इसका उपयोग अब मरीज को अतिरिक्त ठण्ड की आवश्यकताअनुसार मेहंदी को हाथ-पैर और तलवों में लगाने से शरीर की गर्मी कम होती है.
7. कब्ज को ठीक करने में
काब्ज को ठीक करने के लिए 5-10 ग्राम हिना के पत्ते और 5-10 ग्राम किशमिश को मिक्स करके इसका एक बारीक पेस्ट बना लें. रात को खाना खाने के बाद इसका 10 से 20 ग्राम लेंने से कब्ज में राहत मिलती है.
8. पीलिया से बचाव में
एक मुट्ठी मेहंदी और एक मुट्ठी आंवला को 10 ग्राम के साथ मिलायें इसके बाद इस मिश्रण से निकले रस को छान करके 1 से 15 मिली के की खुराक में सुबह खाली पेट मीठे छाछ के साथ लेने से पीलिया दूर होता है.
वैज्ञानिक नाम साइनोडान डेक्टीलान वाली दूब घास के फायदों को देखते हुए ही इसे आयुर्वेद में महाऔषधि कहा गया है. जाहिर है हमारे धार्मिक मान्यताओं और पूजा-पाठ में भी इसका उपयोग प्राचीन काल से होता आ रहा है. दूब घास को दूर्वा के नाम से भी जाना जाता है. यदि इसमें पाए जाने वाले तत्वों की बात करें तो इसमें फाइबर, प्रोटीन, फास्फोरस, पोटेशियम और कैल्शियम प्रचुरता से पाया जाता है. आइए अब बात इससे होने वाले फायदों की करते हैं.
1. दिल को स्वस्थ रखने में
आपको ये जानकार हैरानी होगी कि दूब घास का नियमित सेवन हमारे रक्त में कोलेस्ट्राल का स्तर घटाने के साथ-साथ दिल के क्रियाकलापों में भी सुधार करती है. इस तरह से दूब हमारे दिल का ख्याल भी रखती है.
2. पाचन और उल्टी में सहायक
दूब घास एक डिटॉक्सिफायर के रूप में काम करती है जिससे शरीर से विषाक्त पदार्थों को नष्ट करने और अम्लता को कम करने में मदद मिलती है. इसके परिणामस्वरूप पाचन ठीक से हो पाता है. इसके अलावा जिसे उलटी हो रही है उसे दूब घास का रस देने से उसे आराम मिलता है.
3. शुगर में
दूब घास के फायदे आपको शुगर में भी लाभान्वित करते हैं. कई शोधों में इसके ग्लाईसेमिक क्षमता को सही पाया गया है. दूब घास का अर्क शुगर के मरीजों पर हाइपोग्लिसिमिक प्रभाव छोड़ता है.
4. तरोताजा रखने में
दूब घास को नींद न आने की बीमारी और थकान में एक प्राकृतिक उपाय के रूप में इस्तेमाल किया जाता है. इसका नियमित सेवन तंत्रिका तंत्र को मबुत बनाता है आपके शरीर में सक्रियता बनाए रखता है.
5. एनीमिया में
किसी भी प्रकार के रक्त स्त्राव जैसे कि पीरियड्स के दौरान, चोट, या नाक से निकलने वाले अत्यधिक रक्त स्त्राव में ये बेहद प्रभावी है. ये लाल रक्तकोशिकाओं में वृद्धि करके हिमोग्लोबिन का स्तर भी बढ़ाता है जिससे कि एनीमिया जैसे बिमारियों में फायदा पहुँचता है.
6. प्रतिरोधक क्षमता बढ़ाने में
आपके स्वास्थ्य के हमेशा बेहतर रखने की जिम्मेदारी प्रतिरक्षा तंत्र पर होती है. दूब घास में प्रोटीन भी भरपूर होता है इसलिए इससे इम्यूनोमॉड्यूलेटरी गतिविधि को अनुकूलित करने में मदद मिलती है. इसके अलावा ये एंटीवायरल और एंटी-माइक्रोबियल गतिविधि से भी युक्त होती है. जिससे कि ये रोगों से ज्यादा मजबूती से लड़ पाती है.
7. अल्सर में
दूब घास में पाए जाने वाले तमाम तत्वों में एक होता है फ्लेवोनोइड. ये एंटीअल्सर गतिविधि को अंजाम देता है. इसके अलावा ये कोल्ड और मसूड़ों से होने वाले रक्तस्त्राव को कम करने में मदद करती है. ये सांसों से बदबू भी कम करती है.
8. महिलाओं की समस्याओं में
पेशाब में इन्फेक्शन की संभावना पुरुषों की तुलना में महिलाओं में ज्यादा होती है. महिलाओं के लिए बवासीर और योनी स एसफेद स्त्राव की अवस्था में यदि उन्हें दही के साथ दूब घास दिया जाए तो काफी लाभकारी साबित होती है. स्तनपान में वृद्धि के लिए इसमें प्रोलैक्टिन हार्मोन का उत्पादन बढ़ाने की क्षमता होती है.
9. सरदर्द में
सरदर्द में दूब घास का फायदा लेने के लिए इसे बेसन के साथ पीसकर इसका पेस्ट तैयार करें और इसका माथे पर लेप लगाएं. आप देखेंगे कि इससे राहत मिलती है.
10. त्वचा को स्वस्थ रखने में
त्वचा संबंधी विकारों में भी दूब घास के फायदे मददगार साबित होते हैं. ऐसा इसमें पाए जाने वाले एंटीसेप्टिक और एंटी-इन्फ्लेमेटरी एजेंट होने के कारण होता है. इससे ये खुजली, एक्जीमा, स्किन रशेज और अन्य कई समस्याओं के इलाज में उपयोगी है. हल्दी पाउडर के साथ इसे मिलाकर पेस्ट बनाएं और इसे तवचा पर लगायें.
11. मिर्गी के उपचार में
मिर्गी के मरीजों के लिए भी आसानी से उपलब्ध दूब काफी फायदेमंद साबित होता है. दूब घास के अर्क में चन्दन का चूर्ण मिलाकर मिर्गी के मरीजों को देने से काफी लाभ मिलता है.
Diwali is a great time for family reunion. Festivities, fun and frolic rule the atmosphere. Amidst all kinds of pujas and other rituals, bursting crackers happens to be an integral part of it. This not only pollutes the atmosphere, but also affects the health of the people. Bursting crackers leads to the release of heavy metals like potassium chlorate, arsenic sulphite, sulphur, aluminium and copper into the air. This results in the deposition of high levels of residual particulate matter or rpm and suspended particulate matter or spm. These things emanating from the crackers are responsible for allergies. Many problems in the skin may start occurring and may even result in medical hazards.
In order to take care of your skin and avoid any kind of serious allergy or skin problem, follow these steps:
Crackers and fireworks should always be handled with care. They have many chemical components like charcoal, sulphur and potassium nitrate present in them. Also, they have substances which emits bright and colorful light. Those who are vulnerable to allergies such as running nose, skin rashes and itching skin allergy due to crackers, the situation may worsen if tight clothes are worn. They can further aggravate the rashes. A cool compress or a shower is the best way to get relief from a rash, which is itching or burning like fire. Then it has to be patted dry and moisturized. Aloevera can bring great relief for inflammation. In case of any burn or any itching or any reaction on skin alovera will work very effextively, so it should always be kept handy. In case the symptoms are too severe, and a doctor is not available immediately damp dressing is the best solution. A soft cotton piece of cloth should be soaked in raw milk. It should be then wrung out little and used to cover the affected area or the whole body.
All the above-mentioned methods are good ways to take care of skin allergies during diwali. However, there might be some skin problems which do not go on their own. In those cases, the help of a doctor is the ultimate solution. Consult our experts get answers to your questions!
- Everyone of you must known to nutrients but you people must not be aware of anti - nutrients
- As nutrients maintain life, the anti nutrients are harmful to life.
What is anti nutrient?
- It is any substance that stops the beneficial nutrients being absorbed and used by the body like alcohol, cigarettes, man-made chemicals, pesticides, antibiotics and synthetic hormone residues can all be described as anti-nutrients.
- Tap water in some areas may be described as an anti-nutrient. Tap water may contain nitrates, lead or aluminium, all are anti-nutrients.
- Fried food, foods cooked on a barbecue and burnt food can all be classified as anti nutrient because they cause free radical damage to ourcells.
Inability or absence of successful peno- vaginal intercourse in a couple.
About 15% of couple have problem of Unconsummation though they can have orgasm by masturbation or by oral stimulation of the genitals. It is not so common in the west, be for social and cultural reasons. The longest duration of Unconsummation seen was for 9 years.
The commonest cause of Unconsummation is ignorance about the sexual act, though sexual aversion, rigid hymen, atresia of vagina, trauma, infection and sexual dysfunctions like impotence, premature ejaculation vaginismus, dyspareunia, etc. and up in Unconsummation of marriage.
Attention is mainly focused here on the Unconsummation due to ignorance about the sexual act. The other conditions responsible for Unconsummation are managed by treating the cause.
1. sexuality is a basic instinct in the animals for reproduction and propagation life. Unlike the other animals, sexual behavior in the human being is the outcome of learning and conditioning. Sex being a very private issue and considered as a taboo, there is hardly any opportunity for learning the intercourse. therefore ignorance, myths and misconceptions about sexual act prevail.
2. All the quadruped and biped animals perform coitus by the rear entry, while human being is the only animal doing intercourse in a face –to – face position.
3. the act is done in the dark.
4. the vaginal opening and its direction are not visible externally.
How the problem presents?
Unconsummation is more common in urbanized and well- educated clients. They are normal in every respect except for their ignorance about the sexual act.
1. The client complaint may come for the guidance saying, I don’t know how to do intercourse. Please help me.
2. The chief complaint may be, I can’t penetrate.
Perhaps he tries at the wrong site or in a wrong direction; or she may be having vaginismus.
3. Some men may not know that they have to do pelvic movements after penetration.
4. Woman keeps her legs straight
This can be an important statement by the client giving a clue to the diagnosis. This COITAL position there is no proper alignment between the direction of penis and vagina; therefore penetration is not possible.
5. My penis is not hard enough for penetration this could be the complaint. The female might not have been sufficiently stimulated through foreplay. Nature has designed the structure of the vagina in such a way that man gets maximum rigidity of penis in the vagina and then only he can ejaculate.
6. Man may lose erection after trying at a wrong site ( at urethra or at clitoris) for a long time and blame himself. In such case, woman may complain of pain during the coital act.
7. If the women has vaginismus, man may not be able to penetrate. He may lose erection and label himself as impotent.
8. All the semen comes out
This is the complaint by the women when the man ejaculates on the vulva instead of in the vagina.
9. Women complaint of primary infertility. To the surprise of the examiner, the hymen may found to be in fact proving Unconsummation. Till this fact is brought their notice, they feel that they are doing the coitus in a perfect way.
1. The couple may continue to do intercourse in a wrong way without being aware about Unconsummation.
2. Women may complain of pain during the intercourse
3. Man way lose the erection after trying intercourse unsuccessfully at a wrong site for sufficient length of time. He may think himself suffering from impotence.
6. Marital conflict/ divorce
1. history is most important.
Foreplay : yes/no
Erection of penis in man and lubrication of vagina in women : Yes/No
Women flexing her hips during coitus in missionary position : Yes/No
Site & direction of penetration : Right/ Wrong
Pelvic movements: Yes/No
Illumination in the room: Yes/No
2. In every case of impotence and infertility, Unconsummation should be ruled out.
3. Women sleeping in the supine position with legs straight on the bed during the intercourse should make the clinician suspect Unconsummation.
4. Genital Examination:
Presence of hymen in the married female .
Only one finger dilatation of vagina
Presence of smegma on the glans/coronal sulcus in the male
Painful retraction of prepuce (or phimosis) may be an accidental finding.
5. Post-coital Test: Absence of sperms in the sample.
1. Both the partners should attend the counselling session.
2. Anatomy of male & Female genitals should be explained to them with the help of clay model, charts or slides.
3. Examination of the genitals:
One finger PV examination of the females should be done in the presence of the male to enable him to understand the site and the direction of the vaginal barrel.
4. The following instructions will help the couple in overcoming Unconsummation.
For the couples who sleep on the floor.
Lights should be on or the coitus should be done during the day.
The couple should engage in foreplay till he gets erection of penis and she gets lubrication of vagina.
The female should be in a supine position on the bed, with a pillow under her buttocks, and with her thighs flexed and abducted at her hips. This rotates her pelvis and brings her vaginal opening accessible for the penetration by the male.
The male should squat on his heels ( vajrasan or Namaaz Position)
Between her thighs. In this position he being perpendicular to her body is in a position to locate and align his penis with the vagina which is at the lower end of vertical cleft, and in upward and backward direction.
Then he advances towards her that his right thigh is under her left one , and his left thigh is her right one. On reaching near her vulva, he separates the labia by his left hand and inserts his penis by his right hand. In the event of difficulty, the female should help him with her hand in guiding the insertion penis.
Supporting his body on the knees and holding her thighs by his hands he makes to and for movements of his pelvis till he ejaculates in the vagina.
For the couples who sleep on the cot: (T position )
Light should on or the coitus should be done during the day. The female sleeps on the cot in a supine and slide down till buttocks are on the foot end the bed.
She flexes and abducts her thighs, and the male kneels on the floor between her thighs, supporting his knee on the pillows so as to align his penis with her vaginal opening. In this position the male is perpendicular to the female.
The advantages are that he can see the external genitals of both and maneuver the penetration, can make pelvic movements by holding her thighs, and can stimulate the clitoris simultaneously while doing intercourse.
The success rate is high. once the couples learn the coital act they simply wonder as to how they could miss such a simple and universal procedure
For the past two centuries, Homeopaths have concentrated on the interconnection between psychology and physiology. It has been known for long that Homeopathy has no side effects on a person's overall health and thus it should be implemented in curing mental and physical stress. Mental stress may result from a person's coping skills. You may respond to stress in a wrong way and this further complicates your situation.
You may fail to control your instinctive reactions. Medications in Homeopathy can actually remedy disorders regarding stress management. In many cases, it has been noticed that a physiological disease has a psychological impetus to itself. For instance, people falling under the 'Type A personality' category are more susceptible to heart problems. Their heart problems can be serious enough to make them undergo bypass surgeries. An operation can be avoided if only reasons behind problems at the surface are understood. Patients belonging to the 'Type A personality' category can suffer from 'hurry sickness' with symptoms like bouts of anger, impatience, aggression and hurriedness. These factors together enhance the risk of having heart problems later in life.
The following medicines tackle disorders without any side effects;
- Homeopaths advise you to take Aconitum napellus to reduce physical stress. Aconite napellus is known to treat problems such as a dry mouth, an irritable skin, a pounding heart and so on so forth. This can even cure problems resulting from a traumatic episode in past.
- Another Homeopathic medicine prescribed to deal with anxieties about future is Arsenicum album. If you have fears about your safety, about certainty or about what future has in store for you, this medicine can help you out.
- The medicine Phosphorus is known to treat fears of being alone. Many people are afraid of being alone. They need company all the time. Phosphorus also tackles common fears such as fear of thunderstorms, fear of the dark or fear of ghosts for that matter.
- People facing anxieties about health or anxieties about death often evade sleeping at night. They hallucinate and see apparitions. Mental stress therefore leads to physical stress. Kali- arsenicosum is one Homeopathic medicine to take care of such problems.
Homeopathy as an alternative branch of medicine, comes to your relief without causing other bodily problems during the course of treatment. Hence, to fight mental or physical stress you must try out Homeopathy.
The word obesity in itself isn't a very pleasant sound. Being one of the most common problems in the world, it is become an epidemic in recent years. The best way to deal with it is to control it and to understand the symptoms and causes of obesity, one must know what exactly obesity is. Although there are multiple definitions of obesity, in general, obesity indicates weight that is greater than what is considered healthy. Even though a certain amount of body fat is necessary for storing energy, heat insulation, and shock absorption, an excess amount of body fat leads to obesity.
Causes of Obesity
A person’s weight is determined by a balance between calorie intake and energy expenditure. The body stores the excess calories in the form of body fat. The hormone leptin is responsible for the mechanism of fat regulation. If a person is suffering from leptin deficiency, then he can suffer from obesity. Also, diseases such as hypothyroidism and polycystic ovary syndrome contribute severely to obesity. Furthermore, body weight is determined by several factors such as an individual’s genetics, diet, metabolism, environment, culture, and behavior.
Obesity and Associated Health Risks
Obesity is not merely a cosmetic consideration but is also very harmful to a person’s health. Life expectancy is significantly reduced for people with BMI over 40. Obesity leads to insulin resistance which is a pre-diabetes condition that often leads to Type 2 (adult-onset) diabetes.Another major health risk of obesity is high blood pressure. Most obese people suffer from hypertension and increase in blood pressure is found more commonly in women than in men as a result of weight gain. Other health risks of obesity are cholesterol, stroke, heart attack and various forms of cancer such as breast and colon cancer.
How is Obesity Diagnosed?
Your doctor will give you a series of tests to confirm if you are obese. He will analyze your medical history taking into account your weight history, eating and exercise habits, your family’s health history, heart rate, and examination of heart, lungs, and abdomen.
Obesity is generally measured by calculating the body mass index (BMI). Body mass index takes into consideration a person’s height and weight as the two determining factors to calculate an individual’s appropriate weight. Body mass index is calculated by dividing a person’s weight in kilograms (kg) by their height in meters (m) squared. BMI shows high correlation with body fat content in adults since it exhibits a ratio between weight and height.
A full-grown adult with a BMI ranging from 25-29.9 is considered overweight while an adult with BMI over 30 is considered obese. An individual with BMI ranging from 18.5-24.9 is of normal weight. Waist circumference is measured to know the amount of abdominal or visceral fat stored around your waist. Women with over 35 inches waist circumference and men with over 40 inches waist circumference are prone to high risks of contracting diabetes and heart ailments.
It is a good practice to measure your BMI and Waist circumference once in a year. If they are more than the normal, it is best to consider a physician to get diagnosed with obesity and plan the best treatment option.
A craniofacial surgery is required when there are deformities or abnormalities present in the head or face area of the patient. Depending on the type of deformity, a craniofacial surgery is done to repair or reconstruct it.
The areas that come under a craniofacial surgeon's domain are the cranium (skull), the brain, the face, skin on the face, facial bones, and the nerves. For this reason, in order to conduct craniofacial surgery, a neurosurgeon and a cosmetic surgeon may often work together.
The time taken for completing a craniofacial surgery may vary between four hours and twelve hours.
Why do you need a craniofacial surgery?
There may be multiple reasons why a patient would require craniofacial surgery. These are:
- Tumors in the head or face region are one of the most common causes behind this type of surgery. The surgeries conducted to remove these tumors may sometimes lead to the formation of deformities in the region. A craniofacial surgery is conducted in order to correct them.
- This kind of surgery can also be used to correct abnormalities formed as a result of injuries or wounds on the face, the jaw or the head.
- Some patients may also undergo a craniofacial surgery in order to correct defects that they were born with. Such defects include Apert Syndrome (a syndrome characterized by the premature fusion of certain bones in the skull), cleft palate or cleft lip and craniosynotosis (premature fusion of certain bones in the skull).
Risks related to Craniofacial Surgery:
Certain risks are associated with this type of surgery. These are:
- A craniofacial surgery is conducted after putting the patient under general anesthesia. As a result of this, the patient may suffer from breathing problems, blood clots, infections and blood loss. He or she may also react to the medicine in an unwanted way.
- As a result of the surgery, the patient may also lose their bone grafts partly or wholly. He or she may go through cranial nerve dysfunction or damage in the brain. The formation of permanent scars is another possible risk of a craniofacial surgery. Some patients, especially children who are of growing age, may need a follow up surgery later on.
- Certain patients can face more risks as compared to other patients. These include patients who are malnourished, or suffer from other illnesses like lupus. Those that have suffered nerve damage in the past are likelier to develop complications. Smoking is also another risk factor.
Are you suffering from depression? Is it hampering your daily life and activities? Depression is a mental health condition, which is very common in people of all ages around the world. It is a serious medical condition which may occur for several reasons, depending from person to person. Depression should be treated effectively for restoring a healthy state of mind. Among the various modes of depression management, homeopathy is considered to be an effective remedy.
Here is a list of the top homeopathic medicines which are used for tackling depression, along with the symptoms when they are applied:
- Arsenicum album: This is an ideal homeopathic medicine for people who worry excessively. It is used in people who are extremely health obsessed. Such people get depressed about failing to reach personal goals in life. The symptoms of such a patient suffering from depression tend to worsen in cold weather, as pain sensitivity increases.
- Aurum metallicum: This medicine is effective for workaholic people who have a tendency to feel worthless, despaired and experience suicidal thoughts after failing to achieve personal and professional goals. The symptoms worsen during the night time and during cold seasons. Calming music is beneficial for easing these patients.
- Calcarea carbonica: This homeopathic remedy is commonly used in the case of people who become overwhelmed due to work, worry and physical illness of any kind. The development of fatigue, discouragement, confusion, anxiety and self pity are also indicated in such patients. This medicine is also good for depression patients who suffer from sleep disorders, or sweat profusely.
- Causticum: This homeopathic medicine is important for curing depression in people who due intense grief resulting from some kind of major loss. The patient may experience forgetfulness and mental dullness. The patient may tend to cry a lot and becomes extra sympathetic towards others.
- Cimicifuga: This effective homeopathic remedy is used for people who suffer from bipolarity. They may be quite energetic and talkative during good times, but during periods of depression, they become gloomy and dull. Neck aches, headaches and painful menstrual periods in women are also likely.
- Ignatia amara: This homeopathic medicine is used in the case of people who are very sensitive and tend to suppress their feelings of grief and disappointment. They do not want to seem too much defensive, moody, or vulnerable in the eyes of other people. They may burst into laughter and tears all of a sudden without a proper reason. Abdominal cramps, insomnia, and headaches are other symptoms.
- Kali phosphoricum: Another effective homeopathic medicine used in the management of depression is Kali phosphoricum. People who need these medicines feel depression after long periods of emotional stress. Nervousness, exhaustion, insomnia, anemia, increased cold sensitivity, and reduced concentration are experienced.
Warts are small fleshy growths on human skin, which can happen anywhere over the body and are usually harmless, although they could be unsightly and if growing in certain areas, may be painful. Genital warts belong to that variety. Most warts are caused by HPV or the human Papilloma virus and genital warts are no different.
Causes of Genital warts:
Genital warts are usually contracted during sexual intercourse. During intercourse, tearing of skin and contact with an infected individual will pass of the virus to another person. This is how HPV is transmitted, which may result in genital warts. Other than being unsightly, genital warts can be painful if they are in position when they have friction against clothing and they may also obstruct the flow of urine requiring them to be removed expediently.
Treatment of genital warts in ayurveda:
Ayurveda has some great remedies to cure this problem. Let us have a look at a few of them:
- The onion and salt mixture remedy: This natural remedy has primarily two elements, which are onion and salt. To make this mixture you slice two onions, and sprinkle them with salt before leaving them overnight. In the morning, mash the onions into a thick paste and then pass it through a filter or sieve to extract juice. Apply this juice on the warts periodically for a few weeks until they either shrivel or fall off.
- The garlic paste remedy: This is another easy remedy which if applied consistently can bring great results fairly quickly. In this method you need to take a few cloves of garlic, crush them to a paste, apply this paste on the warts, cover the affected area with a bandage and leave it for an hour. After an hour remove the bandage and wash of the area. Repeat this for a few weeks and you should see the results.
- The potato remedy: This remedy would require you to follow the steps multiple times a day. Take a potato and cut it into slices. Use these slices to rub the affected area. This has to be followed up multiple times a day, preferable at least 3 or more times. Doing this for 2 to 3 weeks will bring results where the warts will either shrink up or fall off.
A urinary tract infection can be painful and annoying. Most urinary tract infections affect the bladder and urethra, but it can also affect the kidneys and ureter. Women have a higher risk of suffering from this infection as compared to men. This is because women have a shorter urethra than men and hence the bacteria needs to travel a shorter distance to reach the bladder. Urinary tract infections can usually be treated easily with a course of antibiotics as long as they are detected in time. If not detected in time, it can affect the kidneys which make it a more serious problem. Hence, it becomes important to be able to recognise the signs of this infection.
Some of the symptoms to watch out for are:
- A persistent urge to urinate but low volume of urine produced
- A burning sensation while urinating
- Cloudy urine
- Blood in the urine which makes the urine appear red, pink or blackish
- Strong smell of the urine
- Pelvic pain
A urinary tract infection that affects the urethra is also known as urethritis. A burning sensation when urinating and discharge along with urine are the most prominent symptoms of this type of infection. When this infection affects the bladder it comes to be known as cystitis. Cystitis patients typically suffer from frequent and painful urination along with discomfort in the lower abdomen and pressure in the pelvic area. They may also notice blood in the urine.
Acute pyelonephritis refers to a urinary infection that affects the kidneys. In such cases, along with the typical symptoms, the patient may also experience high fever, nausea, shivering and pain in the upper back and sides of the abdomen.
This infection can affect a person at any age. Most women suffer from at least one bout of urinary tract infections in their lifetime. Some of the factors that increase the risk of suffering from this infection are:
Certain types of birth control such as diaphragms and spermicidal agents
- New sexual partners
- Urinary tract abnormalities
- Kidney stones or other blockages in the urinary tract
- Weakened immune system
- Use of catheters
- Recent urinary procedures that involve the use of medical instruments
Urinary tract infection can be easily prevented by living a healthy lifestyle. Drink plenty of fluids to flush bacteria and other toxins from your body. Bacteria multiplies in the bladder if urine stays for too long. Hence, urinate frequently and do not try to control your bladder. Avoid synthetic underwear and wear cotton underwear with loose fitting clothes that keep the area around the urethra dry.
How to prevent recurrent urinary tract infections
A urinary tract infection or UTI can be quite painful and uncomfortable. This infection can be described as an infection that affects the ureter, urethra, bladder or kidneys. Women have a shorter urethra than men which makes this more vulnerable to this kind of infection. It is said that most women suffer from at least one bout of this infection in a lifetime. Urinary tract infections are caused by bacteria and may often recur after treatment. However, in most cases, this can easily be prevented. Here are a few tips to help prevent recurrent urinary tract infections.
- Drink plenty of fluids: Ideally, we should drink 8-10 glasses of water a day at regular intervals. This keeps the body hydrated and flushes toxins and bacteria from the body. Water also prevents the formation of kidney stones that could increase your risk of suffering from a urinary tract infection.
- Urinate frequently: If you drink the required amount of water, you will typically need to urinate frequently. Do not try to control your bladder. Holding your urine in your bladder allows bacteria to multiply inside the bladder. This is an easy way for a UTI to begin.
- Follow healthy bathroom habits: Cleanliness is the first step to preventing any infection. When using public restrooms, flush the toilet before and after urinating. In the case of women, it becomes important to ensure that the seat of the toilet is clean as well. After urinating wipe the residual urine with toilet paper in a motion that goes from front to back. Since the urethra is situated very close to the rectum, this step is very important. For uncircumcised men, it is important to wash the foreskin after urination.
- Wear loose clothes: Tight fitting clothes trap moisture and aid in the multiplication of bacteria. Hence, always wear loose fitting clothes that keep the area around the urethra dry. Also, avoid synthetic underwear and only wear cotton underwear.
- Urinate after intercourse: The relative closeness of the vagina to the urethra makes it easy for bacteria to enter the urethra during intercourse. Hence, make it a habit of washing your pubic region after urinating. This helps flush out any possible bacteria that may have entered your body.
- Choose the correct method of birth control: Certain types of birth control such as diaphragms and spermicidal agents can promote a urinary tract infection. Hence, it is best to avoid these types of birth control and pick alternatives.
While combing your hair, tufts of hair coming out with your brush does not make up for a good sight. It is said that your hair adds to your personality. So, when you start experiencing hair thinning and hair fall, naturally it affects your look as well as confidence.
There are a number of ways by which you can combat hair thinning and subsequent hair fall. There are some regimens you need to follow:
- Have a healthy and balanced diet rich in nutrients and proteins. The antioxidants present in vegetables and fruits prevent hair fall.
- Drink lots of water as it will keep you hydrated. Staying hydrated is one of the best ways to tackle the menace that hair thinning is.
- You should get adequate rest each day. Lesser sleep hours are directly associated with malfunctioning of the hormones and a weakened immune system, both of which directly impact hair thinning and hair loss.
- Use a good herbal shampoo that is rich in organic substances and proteins and low in ‘paraben’ (group of preservatives present in cosmetic products, primarily shampoos) and sulphur content.
Some measures which you can adopt to prevent this condition are:
- Eggs are great for promoting thicker hair. You can either consume it or use the egg yolk directly on your scalp. Let the egg yolk on your hair for 30 minutes and then wash it off with mild shampoo and lukewarm water.
- Olive oil adds to the health of your hair, acting as your home-based hair spa. Massage your hair with olive oil and leave it for 40 minutes. Wash it off with lukewarm water. You can also use honey to make a concoction out of it.
- Avocado is a natural way to moisturize your hair and scalp. The fruit is rich in vitamin E, which thickens your tresses. You can also include avocado along with olive oil to make a thick hair paste. Apply it on your scalp and wash it off with a mild shampoo after 30 minutes.
- Castor Oil, which is available in any local medicine store, is the easiest way you can get thicker hair. It has Vitamin E which makes your hair and scalp healthy. You can mix castor oil with coconut oil to make it thicker. Use this concoction on your scalp to fight hair thinning as well as to get the lost shine back.
7 Diabetes Related Skin Problems
Diabetes is a metabolic disorder, chiefly caused by insulin fluctuation in the body. A study shows that, 1 out of 3 people suffering from diabetes are likely to develop a skin condition sooner or later; and in some cases, these skin problems serve as symptoms of diabetes. Although these skin problems can be cured easily if treated early, proper care must be administered at all times. Here are 7 skin conditions that affect diabetics:
1. Bacterial infection
Although anyone can get a bacterial infection, people suffering from diabetes are likelier to contract them. Usual bacterial skin problems that tend to trouble diabetics are boils, lumps near the eyelids, nail infections and carbuncles. Diabetics are also prone to infections deep in the skin and of the underlying tissues. The affected area is usually warm, red and swollen.
2. Fungal infections
People who have diabetes have an increased risk of contracting the fungal infection, especially the one known as candida Albicans. The fungus tends to create a red, itchy rash, which is surrounded by blisters and scales. These are usually found in warm places of the body like the armpits, or between the fingers of the hand or perhaps even the toes. Common fungal infections in diabetic people include athlete's foot, jock itch and ringworm.
3. Tingling and itching
Among the many causes of itching, diabetes is one. Yeast infection, dry skin and poor circulation are the primary causes of itching among patients of diabetes. Usually, the lower part of the leg tends to itch the most, if poor circulation is to be blamed.
4. Skin problems related to neuropathy
Diabetes can be the cause of nerve damage in some cases; and neuropathy is a common symptom of diabetes. This type of damage can cause a loss of sensation in a part of the body. On event of an injury, one may not be able to feel it. As a result, an open sore or wound, if left unattended, can develop into an infection.
5. Digital sclerosis
Digital sclerosis, a condition marked by tight, waxy, thick skin that develops on the back of the hand, is common among people who have type 1 diabetes. In this condition, the joints of the fingers get stiff and, thus, lose their mobility and elasticity. Skin of the toes, forehead and knees may also get affected.
Xerosis is another common skin condition that accompanies diabetes. In this condition, the skin becomes very dry and itchy.
7) Acanthosis nigricans
Acanthosis nigricans is the condition where diabetics get darkening of skin leading to skin tags around neck and armpits.
Bipolar disorder is the medical term for extreme depression and mood swings that are abnormal or too frequent. The mood swings may go from depression to mania, where the symptoms may border on suicidal behaviour, and other such dangerous tendencies. Find out more about Bipolar Disorder with this article.
- Main Symptoms: The major symptoms of Bipolar Disorder are hypomania and depression. The patient may swing between these two states on a sudden basis. The dramatic mood swings do not have a set routine or pattern and can strike at any given time. The patient may be in a certain kind of state for a prolonged period like many weeks and months, or can even be in a certain state for a matter of days, before the next mood strikes. While hypomania is a very severe outcome of Bipolar Disorder, many people do not recognise it as a problem until it gets out of hand. This state can actually make a person feel high on energy where the patient may also achieve all-time highs in terms of productivity and a sense of wellbeing. This state can switch to a state of depression and hopelessness within a matter of days or weeks.
- Types: Bipolar Disorder can be categorised into many types, depending on the level and severity of the mood swings. To begin with, Bipolar Disorder I has full blown cycles of ups and downs in the mood of the patient. The up mood never really manifests into full fledged mania. This is a more mild form of the disease, and the symptoms are often missed. Rapid Cycling is another form of Bipolar Disease where a patient may experience at least four or even more episodes of major mood swings within a period of 12 months. Further, Mixed Bipolar is a form of the disease where the depression and elevation may come together or in rapid succession of each other. Cyclothymia is another mild form of this mood disorder and comes with subtle changes in one's mood.
- Diagnosis and Treatment: While the diagnosis is done by a clinical psychologist or a psychiatrist with the help of an examination of the symptoms, the treatment includes long term counselling and therapy as well as medication for more severe cases. The drugs and therapy aim at making the mind more stable with psychotherapy. Drugs like lithium or benzodiazepine can also be prescribed to control sleeplessness and hyperactivity as well as hostility and suicidal tendencies.
Talking and discussing things are the foremost methods used by psychiatrists when it comes to treating this disease. Persistent mood alterations must be run past a specialist in the field.
Acne and pimples mostly occur due to hormonal changes occurring in the body. They are most prominent among teenagers undergoing hormonal transition. The growth hormones become ultra active and the oil glands present in the skin produce more. The glands present under hair follicles are infected and get inflamed, resulting in pimples. Pimples are a nightmare for teenagers, who are conscious about their look and appearance. Eruptions of pimples of different sizes, blisters and rashes of black or red colours are bound to worry look-conscious individuals. Acne and pimples do not usually have easy solutions or quick remedies.
When it comes to treatment of acnes and pimples, Homeopathic medicines are considered the most effective and paramount. Homeopathic cure does not intend to quick-fix acne and pimples. The objective being the correction of inner causes, it allows the pimples to heal slowly on their own instead of taking any medicine of high dose. The process might take some time, but it surely is the most effective. The problem gets solved from its roots. Scars from previous eruptions are also permanently healed using homeopathic medicines. Homeopathy is, therefore, the best way to cure acnes and pimples.
POPULAR HOMEOPATHIC REMEDIES FOR ACNE AND PIMPLES.
Here is a list of the most common solutions for acne and pimples and what they indicate:
- It is a very common cure, especially for chronic cases of acne
- The eruptions cause great pain.
- They are present in the form of abscesses.
- Patient is vulnerable to cold and pain. Increased rate of perspiration.
- Patient tends to get agitated and irritates very easily
- In cases where there is pus formation
- The best homeopathic medicine for acne
- Increased rate of perspiration. The patient cannot bear cold at all.
- Skin turns pale and tender.
- For cases where the intake of rich junk food and indigestion are the causes of acne.
- Also in cases of girls suffering from menstrual problems
- Symptoms include decreased thirst.
- Patient is usually very sensitive to heat
4. Nux Vomica
- For cases where acne formation is because of gastric disruptions.
- Skin seems to appear red and blotchy
- Caused because of having too much spicy food
- Signs of constipation and over sensitiveness to cold
- Formation of tiny red pimples all over the face
- Very irritable in nature
- Arthritic pain in fingers and loss of appetite
- White, thick coating on tongue
- Formed due to cosmetic use, especially during summer
- Skin tends to itch
- Cheeks swell up and become pale
- Makes patient restless.
Homeopathy is certainly the best way to deal with and to get rid of unwanted, ugly acne, which ruin your face. There are more homeopathic cures for other types of acne and pimples for which you can consult any homeopathy physician.
The brain is not a stagnant realm fed with a granted quota of intelligence and memory at birth. It is always in a state of flux. Exercising your brain in various ways accelerates its ability to perform better. It is in your hands to have a sharper take on situations and occurrences. Playing games that require brainstorming, solving quizzes, crosswords or playing chess makes you feel rejuvenated and tired at the same time; the reason being activated brain cells. A healthy brain will affect your life decisions positively and you probably will think rightly before you leap.
Tips to exercise those brain cells:
- Meditate and calm your mind: Ten minutes of meditation each day can help you get over anxiety. When your mind is at peace you think out pros and cons with enhanced insight. This composure reflects in each of your actions. Meditation demands your brain to be quiet when it is accustomed to work; you therefore have greater control over it.
- Music can improve your brain abilities: Music is the best antidote for a sloppy brain. Music excites the neurons healing a bruised memory. It gifts you with clarity of thought. Apart from listening to music one must try to play a musical instrument. Teaching yourself things puts your mind through a strict regimen of constructive activities.
- Take out time to learn a new language: We are paralyzed the minute our brain gives up. Due to several external and internal reasons each one of us is likely to suffer from cognitive disorders on being subjected to extreme pressure or shock. Trying to learn a new language motivate your brain cells to have a wider vocabulary, which further restricts your chances of brain damage.
- Mental mathematics could better your intelligence: Calculators, computers and phones are ridding us of our ability to compute individual data. Computation and consolidation of data helps your mind to work faster with precision. So, you now know those lessons on mental mathematics in childhood were actually the key to a well rounded brain.
- Think of something novel: The more the number of neurons the merrier is your brain. Take pains to direct your mind on a novel track. Thinking beyond what is given and expected helps your brain grow new neurons. It builds up your creativity letting you discover more of your capabilities.