Lybrate.com has top trusted Oncologists from across India. You will find Oncologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Gajanan KanitkarYour feedback matters!
I am 68-years young man with slight bp: 140/80mmhg and following observations: observations: 1. Right kidney shows a calculus, measuring 3. 1mm at mid pole; 2. Prostrate is enlarged in size and measures 5. 3 x 3. 9 x 4. 3 cm (volume 47. 8 cc) 3. Liver: normal in size (12. 1 cm) and shows diffuse increase in echogenicity, suggestive of fatty changes. Can you please guide me with comments, suggestions and advise, please?
Myeloma patient at past she has already taken 4cycle of bortemozip (chemo 16) having Hb 11.2 after giving 3 units of Prbc previously it was 5.6 but now platelet is 0. 38 Wbc is 4000 creatinine 1.68, calcium is 10.3 after transmission of 10 ml calcium gluconate previously it was 7.8 she is taking medicine Renolog, sobisis forte, gebantinin, tydol, thalidomide (THALIX) daily & dexamethasone 40 mg once a week. So further what to do?
Hello sir, I have noticed a lump on my right breast and it becomes painful during ovulation that is 13 to 14 days after my periods and 3 days back I noticed slight swelling under my arm. 1 year back I married and got miscarriage 3 months back. I noticed all these symptoms after miscarriage. Can you please suggest me what the issue was. Thanking you sir.
I have been diagnosed with metastatic prostate cancer during feb15. Please suggest a course of treatment
A Pap Smear is a screening test done to to test for occurrence of uterine cancer. Carried out in a quick and simple way to extract a sample, the sample is collected from the cervix area of a woman during a pelvic exam. The examination of the sample takes place under a microscope thereafter to find abnormalities that can point towards cancer and pre cancer changes.
There are many reasons why women should get a pap smear screening done:
- Women who are HIV positive should get this test done regularly so as to detect any anomalies in the cervix. This condition usually comes with higher risk of infections and cancer, which is why regular screening is required.
- Age is also another factor and women over the age of 30 should go through an annual screening on a compulsory basis. This is also true for women who have been through pregnancy and childbirth.
Preparing for a Pap Smear: To prepare for a pap smear test, you need to ensure that you are not menstruating at the time. Also, you may want to avoid sexual activity just before the test so as to get the most accurate readings. During the process, remember to stay calm and relax your body physically.
Procedure: The pap smear procedure is a quick one that might be only slightly uncomfortable. This test is usually carried out on the examination table at the gynecologist's clinic. The legs will need to be spread and placed in stirrups. The doctor will insert a speculum to hold open the vaginal opening so that the spatula can be inserted easily to take a sample from the area. This sample of the cells will be tested in a lab after due preservation.
Test Results: The test results can either be normal or abnormal. An abnormal result does not point at the presence of cancer. Rather it can simply mean that abnormal cells exist in the cervix. The doctor may ask you to go through these tests and screening more frequently so as to study the anomalies in a more detailed manner.
I have a big ball like structure on by right breast with black color I am 16 years old buy. What it could be. Thank you.
I am married for last two month. My wife have a problem with her breast. She feels some kind of pain in her breast. When we having sex I pressed her boob sometime.
I am 66 years male with problem of involuntary leakage of urine during sleep at night. I have Diabetes which is controlled. I do not have any prostrate problem. Please suggest a medication to control my above problem.
I am male 68. My prostate enlarged. It is 30 gm. My Dr. prescribed Flotral 10. How it can be normalize?
My friend is a cancer patient. He is not able to express his feelings to explore different things he like. He thinks that he doesn't deserve anything more because of his disease. Its still recoverable for him. Should we go to a psychiatrist for bringing him back to his life mentally.
My wife has breast pain since last one month. She says it keeps on paining whether they are touched or not, what so we do. Should we go for any major test?
What is the symptoms of cancer and hepatitis b. What medicine should be take for that disease. Please help me.
My mother having over in cancer and taking treatment for the same, 3chemo cycles completed and surgery also completed, after surgery my mother heart got failure and pumping is 20 for the same taking treatment, and want to know whether cancer will be cured permentely, and is there any better treatment available.
From the last day I am having complete loose motion with a little pain in various parts of my abdomen. It is showing no sign of stopping. Nearly its been 8-10 times from the last day. I have shown to a local MBBS doctor. He prescribed tablet named'Brakke' and a anti acidity capsule but they aren't working its nearly 24hours and it showing no sign of stopping. Please guide am getting nervous because my mom had a same condition which came to be discovered as liver cancer later.
Hi I have some moveable lumps in my both breasts. My age is 29. 5 years back, doctors operated and remove one lu. P from my right breast. But after that I can feel them in my both sides. Now I feel some pain when I touch my breast. Can it be dangerous. Please help.
Pancreas is small organ located behind your stomach, which are responsible for the production of insulin. This organ produces multiple enzymes, which are necessary for digestion. The increase in diabetes, obesity, smoking and other issues within the population have also pushed up the number of cases of pancreatic cancer. Let's look at some of the Ayurvedic remedies, which are known to be very effective in combating or preventing this disease.
- Tulsi or Ocimum Tenuiflorum: Tulsi has been known to have many medicinal properties and has been used in Ayurveda since ages. It improves metabolism, reduces inflammation as well and is able to regulate and control diabetic disorders, thus halting or even preventing cancer.
- Emblica Officinalis or Amla: Amla is very effective in the removal of toxins and can regulate inflammation, which is caused by certain enzymes. It is also an antioxidant which can keep excessive secretion under check and stop the progress of cancer or its development in the first place.
- Haritaki and Terminalia Chebula: A widely used Ayurvedic medicine, Haritaki has qualities that can act as a colon cleanser and help remove cholesterol and fats from your system. This can unclog organs like the pancreas and lessen the chances of cancer or even halt further progress of cancerous cell growth.
- Kanchnaar or Bauhinia Variegate: This herb is very good in stopping the cancer causing agents and can prevent the growth of lymphomas, sarcomas, malignant tumors among other cancerous diseases. It has been used since a very long time to treat cancers in Ayurveda and thus be very effective in treating pancreatic cancers as well.
- Guggul or Commiphora Mukul: Another effective medication to stop the growth of cancer, guggul has been a fairly common name in Ayurvedic medicines. It inhibits certain pathways that may either cause or enhance the growth of cancer cells within the body and is thus effective as a preventative measure as well as a remedy for pancreatic cancer.
- Ashwagandha: Another common Ayurvedic herb, this is very effective as an anti-inflammatory agent and as an antioxidant. Ashwagandha has been used to treat diabetic neuropathy and is also beneficial in reducing anxiety and stress, all of which may lead to pancreatic cancers. It is also effective in the prevention of the growth of cancer cells. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
Renal cancer is also known as hypernephroma, renal cell carcinoma (RCC), kidney cancer or renal adenocarcinoma. The kidneys are organs in your body that dispose off waste, while additionally regulating fluid balance. There are small tubes in the kidneys called tubules. These filter the blood, help in discharging waste, and make urine. RCC happens when cancer cells start to grow out of control in the lining of the tubules of the kidney. Renal cancer is a progressive disease that spreads to the lungs and the organs around it.
Medical experts do not know the exact cause behind renal cancer. It is most commonly found in men between the ages of 50 and 70. There are some risk factors and signs that indicate one’s possibility of having renal cancer and these are as follows:
- Family history of renal cancer
- Dialysis treatment
- Hypertension or high blood pressure
- Smoking cigarettes
- Polycystic kidney disease (a condition that causes cyst formation in the kidneys)
At a point when renal cancer is in its initial stages, patients might not see any symptoms. The symptoms are mainly seen in the later stages. Some of the most common symptoms are as follows:
- Blood in urine: Blood in urine is called hematuria. As indicated by the Renal Cancer Association, hematuria is the most widely recognized indication of kidney cancer. In case you have blood in your urine, you may see pink, rust or even a red staining.
- Lower back pain: The vast majority does not encounter pain until cancer is in later stages. Pain from renal cancer is felt on one side of the flank, the region over the pelvis, and beneath the ribs in the abdomen. This pain can go from a dull yearn to a sharp wound, frequently leaving the area blue. In case you have any sudden pain that continues for more than a couple of days, you need to see a specialist.
- A mass or lump: A mass or protuberance in the abdomen can be an indication of renal cancer. Kidney knots might be hard to feel since they are somewhere down in the abdomen. Once a bump is found, your specialist may arrange symptomatic tests such as an ultrasound or a CT scan. These tests may diagnose what your knot might be.
- Iron deficiency and fatigue: Weakness and a fall in your iron levels are the most common symptoms of any type of cancer. Cancer exhaustion is not quite the same as simply feeling tired.
- Weight reduction, loss of appetite and fever: Another normal side effect of cancer is sudden and startling weight reduction. This happens quickly without any excessive workouts or dieting. A person diagnosed with cancer can also face a loss of appetite. In fact, even their most loved food items can get to be unappealing. Frequent fever is yet another common symptoms among most cancer patients.
In case your specialist suspects that you may have renal cancer, they will take some information about your and family’s medical history. They will then do a physical exam. Discoveries that can show renal cancer include swelling or irregularities in the stomach area. In case of men, augmented veins in the scrotal sac (varicocele) may be found.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!