Lybrate.com has top trusted Oncologists from across India. You will find Oncologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Gajanan KanitkarYour feedback matters!
I urinate frequently only during night My sugar is normal and no prostrate what may be the other causes?
Can numerous fibroids and an enlarged uterus cause bladder prolapse? Why does my gynecologist think my bladder bulging into my vaginal canal is a fibroid even after I was sent to a urologist for stress incontinence issues?
Melanoma is one of the most dangerous forms of skin cancer which develops in the skin cells that produce melanin ( the pigment that gives your skin its color). This form of skin cancer is mostly caused by exposure to ultraviolet radiations or it may be congenital in nature.
The cancer is easily detected by the naked eye and in 99% cases, the disease can be efficiently treated if detected during its early stages. Women below the 40 year age benchmark have a higher risk of cancer.
Viagra is a health supplement which is consumed in the oral form to minimize all the signs and symptoms of an erectile dysfunction. Viagra is the generic name for Sildenafil, which is used by men.
What does research say?
A medical study has shown that men who frequently use erection-enhancing drugs are 84% more likely to develop melanoma within a period of 10 years. This does not mean that you are bound to get this cancer if you are frequently using an erection enhancing drugs, but it might increase your probability of getting Melanoma.
Viagra when combined with some other medicine often leads to adverse effects which might lead to cancer as well. It is always desirable that you consult your doctor before taking a Viagra in general. Some of the dangerous factors are:
- Taking Viagra with nitrate drugs such as nitroglycerin, isosorbide mononitrate, and such others.
- If you are experiencing an unreasonably high or low blood pressure
- If you have any kind of a liver disease
- If you are suffering from a kidney disease that requires dialysis (blood purification process)
While taking Viagra, you should always consult a doctor near you. Additionally, you should also follow certain precautionary measures like:
- You should avoid buying Viagra online, as there is a high probability that it is fake
- You should try going for natural alternatives to Viagra. Studies have shown that the medicines with nitric oxide can help you in having a proper and enhanced erection. Additionally, medicines containing L-arginine are also very popular as they help in generating nitric oxide.
Science has advanced a lot through the ages. Doctors have also succeeded in curing many diseases in this time. But even with one of the most advanced technologies, they still haven’t found a fool proof way to cure cancer. Even out of the many types of cancer, blood cancer is the worst among them. You surely wouldn’t want to get into such a situation. Would you? The best way out of blood cancer is never to get one. To prevent it you can take care of a few things:
- Maintaining proper body weight: Although you can’t do much to prevent cancer, you must ensure that you maintain a healthy body weight. This implied that your BMI should be normal (healthy weight) so that you have a good chance of fighting it. It has been said by many leading institutions worldwide as the best way to prevent cancer. One can maintain proper body weight by making sure they exercise every day for at least 30 minutes and also maintain a well-balanced diet. This would help you maintain a healthy body weight.
- Reduction in the consumption of calorie dense food: Not only because calorie dense foods like cold drinks increase your weight, the sugar mixes with your blood and thus is difficult to transport through the body. Thus they add a lot of impurities to the body and must be avoided for the best interests in your effort to fight cancer. The worst fact about calorie dense foods is that you can easily consume 1000 – 2000 calories long before you can satisfy your hunger. Thus, it also defeats your first preventive measure to avoid cancer.
- Staying away from harmful chemicals like pesticides: You might not know it and be happily spraying pest control sprays everywhere without a proper mask thinking you will make the pests go away. What you don’t know is that those pesticides are harmful for your blood and one should avoid them. To increase the probability of winning against blood cancer, it’s vital to keep this in mind.
- Consulting a doctor from time to time: One should always go and visit a medical practitioner from time to time so that they can maintain proper health. Furthermore, if you see symptoms like fever, frequent infections, night sweating, swollen liver with abdomen pain, enlarged lymph nodes (they are usually painless), then be sure to go to a medical practitioner. Always remember that prevention is better than cure. Thus one should try to prevent blood cancer not cure it. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
I have a small breast they not growing what should I do give me one awesome technique please n weight also not going.
Hi, I am currently living in UK and my family is in India. My father has a cancer history of more than 18 years. The symptoms started showing up in 1996 and the doctor did not advise for a scan that time. Later, he was detected with a large cancerous tumor on his left kidney and the entire kidney was taken out. The doctors advised him not to take Cigarettes as he was a chain smoker but he continued taking it at a reduced quantity for 10 years post operation and later in Nov, 2012 he was detected with one metastatic cancer tumor in his bran and several small nodules in his lungs and supra renal gland. The doctors prescribed him to take steroids before operation and post operation has has gone through complete remission of cancer. All nodules melted away on its own. However, he started showing symptoms of gastric ulcer. He started feeling racing heart due to anemia and he had black tarry stool and black vomiting in the month of August 2014. He quickly recovered and he was stable. But, he started having spicy food after a month. The symptoms came back strongly last December. Within a month, he recovered again. However, the symptoms keep coming these days and he is loosing his weight. Sometimes, he will be alright and start gaining weight and after 4 weeks the symptoms will come back again. There were 3-4 recurrences within a span of 6 months. Please advise.
I am having chest pain from last one week. On my left breast nipple there was red color dark blood color with extreme pain. Now nothing is there but still I am having pain. My eosinophil is 9.
While sexual problems are common among colorectal cancer patients, they are not necessarily caused by surgical treatment, Dutch researchers report. The patients may already have sexual issues before surgery.
Noting that there was not much information available on colorectal cancer patients? sexual function and quality of sexual life before surgery, the researchers aimed to describe these aspects for both patients and their partners. They also wanted to use standardized sexual health assessments and compare the scores of those patients and partners to mean norm scores.
To do this, they recruited 136 patients who had been diagnosed with colorectal cancer, but had not yet undergone surgical treatment. One hundred six of the patients? partners were also involved.
To measure sexual function and quality of life, the researchers used several questionnaires.
Male patients and male partners completed the International Index of Erectile Function (IIEF), which assesses erectile function, orgasmic function, sexual desire, intercourse satisfaction, and overall satisfaction.
All of the women were given the Female Sexual Function Index (FSFI), which is used to evaluate arousal, lubrication, orgasmic function, sexual desire, sexual pain, and intercourse satisfaction.
Participants with partners completed the Golombok-Rust Inventory of Sexual Satisfaction (GRISS), which addresses the quality of sexual life. They were also given the Maudsley Marital Questionnaire (MMQ), which examines relationship issues.
Finally, all participants completed an adapted version of the Self-Administered Comorbidity Questionnaire, which provides data on any comorbidities.
Mean norm scores were provided in the manuals of each questionnaire.
The researchers found that when compared to mean norm scores, both male and female colorectal patients had lower scores on the sexual functioning and quality of sexual life domains on the given assessments. Female patients had lower sexual functioning and lower quality of sexual life than male patients. The partners also had lower scores in these areas when compared to mean norm scores. Male partners had lower scores than male patients.
The lower scores could be explained by stress, as there were not many differences between the scores of colon cancer patients and those with rectal cancer. Past research has shown high levels of stress in cancer patients and a link between psychological issues (such as stress, anxiety, and depression) and sexual dysfunction.
In spite of the lower scores, however, the participants? scores on relationship functioning were comparable to the corresponding mean norm scores, suggesting that the sexual issues did not seem to damage relationships.
The findings could help healthcare providers consider the sexual needs of colorectal cancer patients. ?More information provision and/or psychosexual guidance may be needed preoperatively in order to give license to couples to discuss sexual problems and to search for adequate professional support during any point in treatment, especially as the majority of patients do not take the initiative to discuss the treatment options for possible sexual dysfunction,? the authors wrote.
My teenage girls want to use nailpolish, but I have heard thataby nailpolishes contain formaldehyde and can cause cancer. Is it safe for my daughter to use it?
What are the effects of painless lumps below the skin? What are natural treatment methods to be given at the age of 58 years? Do you consider these are leads to skin cancer?
Cancer is one of the most fatal diseases in the world. Stomach cancer is also known as 'Gastric cancer'. Like other diseases, it is crucial that it gets identified in the early stages and gets treated before it reaches the incurable stage. Like other forms of cancer, the exact cause of stomach cancer is still not yet known. However, certain things make stomach cancer more likely to happen.
The possible causes of stomach cancer are given below:
Some of these causes apply to nearly all forms of cancer. However, some of them only apply to stomach cancer.
- Bad diet
- Stomach surgery for an ulcer
- Type-A blood
- Epstein-Barr virus infection
- Exposure to certain materials in certain industries
- Helicobacter pylori bacteria
Some of the symptoms of stomach cancer are:
Stomach cancer like all other forms of cancer has various stages and it is crucial that it is diagnosed in the early stages so that the progression of it is stymied. At first, the symptoms of stomach cancer include indigestion, loss of appetite, slight nausea, heartburn and the feeling of being bloated after a meal.
However, indigestion and heartburn, doesn't always mean that you have stomach cancer, but if these conditions persist, you should visit a doctor to rule out the possibility of stomach cancer.
The growth of the tumor in your stomach can lead to various serious symptoms too, such as:
- Stomach pain
- Blood in your stool
- Weakness or exhaustion
- Diarrhea and constipation
- Weight loss for no apparent reason
- Swelling in your stomach
- Trouble in swallowing
- Eyes and skin turn yellowish
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gastroenterologist.
He's suffering from skin cancer. How do I rectify it vry soonly. Nd white patches on the skin too are not gttng reduced day by day.
Cancer is the most dangerous disease noticeable throughout the world. The most common type of cancer that affects men is prostate cancer. Prostate is a small exocrine gland situated directly below the bladder and in front of the rectum. This is gland is approximately in size of a walnut and plays an important role in production of a milky fluid during orgasm of sex in which the semen travels. During the climax stage of the prostate gland is forced to push the fluid and remove the semen out of the reproductive structures.
Prostate gland is a slow progressive disease which makes many males left unidentified even the presence of prostate cancer even until they die. 6 out of 100 male over the age of 60 are getting prostate cancer. Though prostate cancer can be cured at a better rate when compared to other type of cancer it is always best to stay protected. Prevention is always better than cure. Here are few tips to keep your prostate healthy.
Signs and symptoms of prostate cancer-
During the early stages of prostate cancer there are usually no symptoms. Most men at this stage find out they have prostate cancer after a routine check up or blood test. When symptoms do exist, they are usually one or more of the following:
The patient urinates more often
The patient gets up at night more often to urinate
He may find it hard to start urinating
He may find it hard to keep urinating once he has started
There may be blood in the urine
Ejaculation may be painful (less common)
Achieving or maintaining an erection may be difficult (less common).
If the prostate cancer is advanced the following symptoms are also possible:
Bone pain, often in the spine (vertebrae), pelvis, or ribs
The proximal part of the femur can be painful
Ways to have a healthy prostate –
Diet and weight – the most important factor is the diet to maintain a healthy weight. Avoid fatty food items and take fats from vegetables than from animals. Avoid dairy products and increase the intake of fresh fruits and vegetables.
Exercise – have a regular practise of doing exercise at least for 30mins a day. This really helps you to keep your body fit.
Be precautious – if you have a family history of prostate cancer or if you feel you are at high risk of getting prostate cancer talk with your doctor about it and take preventive drugs as per the doctor’s advice.
Red foods – research shows that men who consume red foods like watermelon, tomato and other red fruits are at lower risk of getting prostate cancer as they contain a powerful antioxidant called lycopene
Caffeine – three to four cups of coffee per day reduces your risk of getting prostate cancer.
- Stop smoking – if you are at high risk of getting prostate cancer it is best advised to quit smoking and alcohol. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an urologist.