Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Satish MalegaonkarYour feedback matters!
For some women, a period can be more than just uncomfortable. There are a number of menstrual problems that could affect women. These range from irregular periods to excessive bleeding and premenstrual syndrome. The good news is that homeopathy can be used to effectively treat these problems. Homeopathy is a holistic form of treatment that addresses the root cause of the problem instead of the symptoms. Additionally, it has negligible side effects.
Here are a few homeopathic forms of treatment for menstrual problems:
- Sepia: Sepia can be used to treat late menstruation as well as scanty blood flow. It is also helpful is the period is accompanied by pain and a sense of weight in the pelvic area and lower back. This can also be used to treat irritability and depression.
- Pulsatilla: Pulsatilla is helpful in cases where menstrual bleeding causes substantial weight fluctuations, bloating and water retention. It can also be used to treat irregular periods and scanty or excess blood flow. Pulsatilla is also used as a form of treatment for the severe griping pains that can accompany menstrual flow.
- Cimicifuga: This is used to treat irregular periods and painful periods. It also treats mental unrest, nervousness and irritability triggered by menstruation.
- Lycopodium: In some cases, delayed menses can last longer than normal and have an abnormally heavy blood flow. In such cases, lycopodium is an effective homeopathic remedy.
- Belladonna: Excessive menstrual bleeding and early menses can be treated with belladonna. This type of menses is also accompanied by intense pain that is relieved by standing and cramps in the back and arms. Belladonna is also extremely useful in acute cases of endometriosis and inflammation of the ovaries.
- Creosote: Excessive blood flow that is intermittent and preceded by abdominal bloating can be treated using Creosote. This blood flow is usually dark brown in colour and accompanied by an offensive odor. Creosote can also be used against ulcerations in the female genital organs, burning pain and soreness.
- Helonias: Pain extending from the back of the uterus and loss of muscle strength in the genital organs can be treated with helonias. It can also be used to treat leucorrhoea or dark, offensive vaginal discharge as well as displacement of the uterus.
When prescribing medication for a menstrual problem, a homeopathic doctor not only looks at the symptoms presented but also the personality and lifestyle of the patient. Hence what suits one person may not have the same effect on another. Hence, if you are facing a menstrual problem, it is best to consult a doctor at the earliest.
My breast is getting bigger in size day by day .how can I reduce my breast. Tell some exercise or other thing so that it can be reduced in size .
In 2013 I was took dots dose. For tuberculosis. Does it effects on fertility. Bcoz we are trying to conceive from last one year but it is not work.
I have a saggy breast I want that to get back normal. It happened as I needed my 2 babies. Please give me solution for this.
I am in my 8th week of pregnancy with ivf having twins. I am suffering from bp and bleeding some times for which I am taking medicines. Now with gtt test having result 110,146,140 and 180 reading doctor said I have to leave sugar also completely and suggest insulin inj 4 -4 ml both morning and evening. Is it ok to leave sugar and all fruits as doc said. What should I eat for healthy pregnancy and what not. please suggest me.
Dear sir I want to make physical relation with my wife but she is nothing special for it. Kindly tell me the any sex medicine name which I give her and then her heart will some special for it.
एक बड़ा चम्मच जीरा एक गिलास पानी मे भिगो कर रात भर के लिए रख दें। सुबह इसे उबाल लें और गर्म-गर्म चाय की तरह पिये। बचा हुआ जीरा भी चबा लें।
इसके रोजाना सेवन से शरीर के किसी भी कोने से अनावश्यक चर्बी शरीर से बाहर निकल जाता है। इस बात का विशेष ध्यान रखे की इस चूर्ण को लेने के बाद 1 घंटे तक कुछ न खायें। भुनी हुई हींग, काला नमक और जीरा समान मात्रा में लेकर चूर्ण बना लें, इसे 1-3 ग्राम की मात्रा में दिन में दो बार दही के साथ लेने से भी मोटापा कम होता है। इसके सेवन से न केवल शरीर से अनावश्यक चर्बी दूर हो जाती है बल्कि शरीर में रक्त का परिसंचरण भी तेजी से होता है। और कोलेस्ट्रॉल भी घटता है।
Me and my girlfriend are Virgin. We will marry after two months. I know how to do foreplay sex and after play. But what precaution should be taken while having sex for first time? And what should be done when she bleeds for first time during sex? Another question I wanted to ask is doctors say use condom. It is necessary to use condom while having sex with wife although I am loyal to her (I have sex only with my wife)? When wife will bleed for first time than will it cause aids to me or her? When to use condom and when to not? I again mention that I am loyal to my wife and she is also loyal to me and we both are virgin. and I don't want to use condoms. If it is necessity to use condom every time than how its possible to have a baby? If its not necessary than why it is said to use condom every time Please guide me in detail doctor. I hope you understood my situation as well as questions.
My MC DATE IS 2nd of every months but from past one month my MC IS NOT CLEAR N NOW IS SECOND MONTH IS ALSO SAME WILL UH GUIDE US WHAT TO DO NEXT N M RECENTLY MARRIED GIRL.
Me and my fiance had sex on 27 April 2016 and her mc time was on 10 April. Now on 5 may, she feels nausea and weakness and her upcoming period ll be on 8-10 may. Can you pls tell me. Whether she is pregnant or not. If yes then which pregnancy medicine will useful to control child birth at this stage without any future side effects. Thank you.
Hlo Dr. Is that fingering in vagina of virgin girl has any side effects or it is a normal thing if it's normal than how many times in month it is okay.
I have just got married around two months back. We have had complete intercourse. But I feel very feeble down my legs. I have frequent urges to urinate and most of the time it is just a false alarm. I have had painful periods with the effect that I need to use the toilet every now and then. Keeping a pad doesn't help. The flow is not smooth but very burning and painful. I consulted the gynaecologist and she gave ne suppositories 3 day course.
Dear Dr. My wife got an itching and burning sensation at the outer lip of vagina from few days. Yesterday she used candiderma cream which had caused her internal pain as it seems the cream has gone in side deep vaginal area during sleep. Two things Dr. If you may help us with. First is can you suggest a good ointment or cream which can be used in side or tip of vagina. Second she used candiderma cream once will it make any harm? Thanks for hearing.
I'm 5th month pregnant. Now I'm suffering from too much elergy at vaginal area. Tell me solution and reason.
The vagina is a muscular, tubular structure of the female genital tract extending from the vulva to the cervix (the opening of the urethra). Sexual activity affects vaginal health in a number of different ways during intercourse and in the long term.
A few of the varying effects and the factors responsible for these effects are listed below:
- Changing size of the vagina: The vagina is designed to be elastic and adjustable. So, no permanent change in size is possible but it does undergo temporary changes in sizes as effects of sex. The inner walls of the vagina enlarge during sexual intercourse and during childbirth. Tissues in the clitoris puff out and harden, this also causes an expansion in size. It takes a while to get back to its normal size.
- Vaginal secretion: When you are aroused during sex, the blood vessels supplying the vagina expand immediately. The blood flow increases to lubricate the vaginal walls (rugae). The rugae unfold and the space increases. These secretions are important because, women who are sexually inactive for a long time at a stretch, experience dryness that leads to urinating difficulties and rashes.
- Unusual discharge: Apart from natural lubricants, vagina secretes some fluids, the process being termed as 'female ejaculation'. A tiny amount of white fluid made of prostate plasma cells, is produced just before you climax and discharged with some quantity of urine. Sometimes, prostatic specific antigen (PSA) and prostatic acid phosphatase (usually found in semen) are also found in the secretion.
- Infections in the urinary tract: The friction caused by sexual intercourse may cause small cuts which enable bacteria to pass from the vagina to the urinary bladder through the urethra. This causes infection in the bladder, the urinary tract and the vagina. These can be avoided by using a condom or by urinating before and after having sex.
- Vaginal pain: A lot of women report the experience of pain and discomfort inside or around the vagina during and immediately after sex. The pain can result from repeated sex within a short period of time or reduced secretion of natural lubricants. If the pain is too severe, you should see a doctor because yeast infections or chronic vulvodynia can also be responsible for the pain sensation.
I am 43 years old. Before 23 days of menstrual cycle, I suffer shooting pain in head. How to get rid of it.
My wife, 47 years old was diagnosed with dengue 10 days ago and now taking rest at home. No medicine was prescribed by the doctor and asked to take lots water etc. Platelet count had come down to 88000 but now it is 280000. Pain on all joints and all over the body is still there. And also itching all over the body. Your suggestions will be highly appreciated. Regards
In a normal pregnancy, the egg that the ovaries release enters the fallopian tube. If a sperm fertilises it, the fertilised egg attaches itself inside the uterus. However, sometimes the fertilised egg can attach itself outside the uterus. This condition is called ectopic pregnancy.
Ectopic pregnancy can be detected in the first few weeks of the pregnancy itself. If your doctor does discover ectopic pregnancy, you would need immediate medical attention. Ectopic pregnancies can be sad and scary. The survival rate of the baby is extremely low, and you may need some time to get over your loss. Fortunately, one ectopic pregnancy doesn't mean you can never conceive again. Many women who lost their first baby to ectopic pregnancy have been able to have a healthy and normal pregnancy the second time around.
The causes of ectopic pregnancy include:
- An inflammation or infection of the fallopian tube can lead it to become entirely or partially blocked.
- Scar tissue from a surgery or an infection of the fallopian tube may also hinder the movement of the fertilised egg.
- Surgery in the tubes or pelvic areas in the past might cause adhesions.
- Birth defects or abnormal growths can cause anomalies in the shape of the tube.
These causes are usually followed by certain risk factors, such as:
- Age (The age group of 35-44 especially)
- An ectopic pregnancy in the past
- Previous abdominal or pelvic surgery
- Pelvic inflammatory disease
- Several prompted abortions
- Conceiving with an intrauterine device in place
- Endometriosis (growth of uterus lining tissues outside the uterus).
- Fertility treatments.
The signs and symptoms of ectopic pregnancy include:
- Minimal vaginal bleeding
- Vomiting and nausea with pain
- Pain in the lower abdomen
- Sharp cramps in the abdomen
- Localised pain (Pain concentrated on one side of your body)
- Pain in your neck, rectum or shoulder
- Rupture of the fallopian tubes can cause fainting due to the bleeding and pain
The treatment of ectopic pregnancy can be any one of the following:
- If the pregnancy has not progressed too far, methotrexate will be administered. This absorbs the pregnancy tissue and can save the fallopian tubes.
- The tubes may be removed if they have ruptured or stretched, and have started bleeding.
- Laparoscopic surgery (operations performed by making minor incisions) may be performed to remove or repair the tubes and recover the ectopic pregnancy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
While some people see tears as a sign of weakness, for others crying is a crucial way of dealing with grief. Though as children we’re told not to cry and to ‘keep a hold’ of our emotions, letting go of a few tears can help alleviate grief and emotional distress.
Here are a few reasons crying could be a good idea when dealing with loss.
- Crying can stimulate the release of endorphins: Crying cleanses the mind of negative emotions and allows you to express your emotions. Crying can be described as a reaction to pain and in order to control pain, the body releases endorphins. Endorphins are also known as happy hormones as they block the transmission of pain signals and create a sense of contentment. These chemicals can take a little time to have an effect and hence in most cases, you will notice an improvement in your mood after a good cry.
- Crying elevates the mood: Crying can help reduce your body’s manganese levels. A higher than normal manganese level can heighten anxiety, irritability, tiredness and emotional disturbances. By lowering manganese levels, the brain is left with enough space for happier emotions and hence crying can help elevate a person’s mood.
- Crying stimulates the body’s parasympathetic nervous system: The parasympathetic nervous system controls a number of functions including heart rate. Crying can stimulate this system and trigger a state of relaxation. For this reason, you may feel sleepy after crying. This gives your body time to relax and deal with the problem at hand with a calmer mind.
- Crying helps deal with stress: A stressful experience or emotional situation can cause a build-up of stress hormones known as cortisol. As the levels of cortisol increase in the body, it goes into flight or fight mode as an automatic response to stress. Crying reduces the cortisol levels and helps relieve tension and stress almost immediately.
- Crying is cathartic: Every day we are exposed to conflicts and stressful situations that can build up into resentments and leave a person feeling anxious and depressed. Sometimes, giving vent to emotions and crying can help release these pent-up feeling and heap cleanse the mind of these negative emotions. Crying also allows us to open ourselves up to the people around and can improve the levels of intimacy between them. In this way, it can help a person become part of a community. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
Date is one of the most nourishing fruits. It is a food of great importance. Date is a food of high nutritional value. It provides natural sugar in the form of glucose and fructose.This is ready for immediate absorption and is therefore infinitely superior to cane - sugar.It is usually taken raw or with milk, which makes it highly nutritious in most aspects
Dates are easily digested, they are very useful for supplying energy and repairing waste. The nicotinic content in dates is an excellent remedy for intestinal disturbance.
Date is a laxative and is highly beneficial in the treatment of constipation as the roughage provided by it stimulates sluggish bowels.
Dates are an effective remedy for weak heart. Dated soaked overnight in water and crushed in the same water in the morning after removing the seeds should be taken at least twice a week in this condition. It will strengthen the heart.