Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Satish MalegaonkarYour feedback matters!
Few days ago my sister felt pain in lower part of her stomach and felt like urinating. She found some blood in her urine. She immediately approached doctor who gave her antibiotic injection. After that she was ok. But today she again observed some blood in her urine but no pain. Kindly suggest what could be her problem? Is it Kidney infection or something else. There is a stone of 12 MM has been detected in her gal bladder.
I am 34 years old and my hubby is 33 years old he have night blindness from birth. We both r deaf dumb. Then in future will become hubby's problem (night blindness) in baby? I got miscarriage in 2012 1st time after that not get success nowadays. I consulted more doctors but not become successfully. My ovulation is late that is on 17th day. Hubby's semen report is normal. My all blood test reports r normal. I am in tension. Pls help me.
Both women and men suffer from infertility troubles. There are a host of causes that may lead to infertility in men such as lifestyle choices and obesity. Male infertility is characterized by irregular sperm function or reduced sperm count. Infertility has emerged as a common problem as a result of the modern day lifestyle. Extremely hectic schedules, stress, burnout, depression, unhealthy diets; all of these can contribute to fertility issues.
The various reasons for infertility in men are:
1. If you are overweight, then it is time to lose those extra kilos. Obesity leads to a number of health problems, one of them being erectile dysfunction.
2. Various hormonal problems such as complications of the hypothalamus, pituitary and adrenal glands may lead to low testosterone levels in the body.
3. Various infections such as inflammation of the testicles and epididymis that causes blockage of the tubes carrying the sperm can be a cause.
4. Various medications such as using anabolic steroids, antifungal medications and chemotherapy may hamper production of the sperm and thus hit fertility.
5. Both alcohol and cigarettes may cause problems in sperm production, and cause erectile dysfunction. Excessive drinking may lead to complications in the liver resulting in infertility.
The reasons of infertility may range from medical causes to lifestyle choices; some of the causes may be related to the environment. A common cause of infertility is due to problems with transportation of the sperm. These are mainly due to blockages in the tubes that carry the sperm.
Symptoms of infertility in men are:
1. You may experience low libido
2. Your sperm count may be low
3. You may experience lumps or swellings in the testicles
4. Chromosomal complications such as reduced body hair
5. You may have chronic respiratory problems. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
Am 25 years old. I have a kid of 4 yrs. Now v r planning for another kid. Shall I use any hormone tablets to conceive. I drive scoty. Shall I continue to drive or stop. Doctor gave me zincovit, Dexorange tablets for energy .shall I eat dis or hormone tablets. After 21 st of menses shall we do sex or avoid it. Can a lady could ejaculate if she is trying to conceive.
Jan 11 I had sex with my man and I thought I was pregnant but got my periods on Jan 29th but it was very heavy bleeding. Now it's March 3rd I still haven't got my periods. Thing is we did not have sex after Jan 11th. I was supposed to get my periods on Feb 28th. I have mild cramps but I'm late and confused coz I get my periods on time. Help!
Today Greetings Hello Doctor, I am getting married on 12 Feb 2017 as per menstrual cycle. My date is on 15 Feb 2017. Please suggest to delay the period .One of my friend suggest primolut N. Please tell it is effective or any side effects of same .My age is 28, height 5'4' and weight 65. Thanks.
I do ivf and my wife is pregnant now. Is it possible that any mass up could happen in laboratory that put wrong sperm or embryo in the wrong patient. How doctors remember which embryo should go to the right patient. Don't understand me just asking for mental satisfaction.
I am thyroid patient. I am taking 25 mg tab. My vagina will be dry it's causing problem during sex. What is the solution.
Traditional open surgery requires an 8-10 cm incision to expose the surgical area of the abdomen which needs to be operated. This large incision is a major post-operative side-effect which results in longer recovery period.
The alternative technique, laparoscopy also known as minimally invasive surgery or keyhole surgery, is a modern surgical procedure in which small incisions of about 0.5–1.5 cm are made far from the location of the operation. One or more such holes on the abdominal wall serve as passageways for a specialised instrument called a laparoscope. A long, thin tube headed by a high-resolution camera and a high-intensity guiding light is inserted through the incision. As the instrument moves along, the camera transmits images to a video monitor enabling your surgeon to see inside without opening up your body for surgery.
This process is used to diagnose unidentified abdominal or pelvic pain. Minimally invasive surgery (MIS) is usually performed when all non-invasive alternatives have been tried. Imaging techniques like ultrasound, computed tomography (CT) scan or magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) are sometimes unable to provide enough data for diagnosis.
Laparoscopic surgery is used for the removals of an inflamed appendix, gall bladder, hernias, and cancer-affected organs, fibroids from the uterus, the womb (hysterectomy) and also for performing weight-loss surgeries.
Laparoscopy has a lot of advantages over the more common, open procedure. They are:
1. Less post-operative pain
2. Smaller scars
3. Reduced haemorrhaging and blood loss
4. Shorter recovery period
5. Less pain medications and analgesia requirements
6. Reduced exposure to internal organs
7. Faster return to normal activity
8. Reduced risk of infection
Laparoscopy is a proven safer choice with a fast-healing process side-stepping conventional surgery! If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a general surgeon.
My periods was on 22 feb, on 12th day of my periods I found white thick (wet powdered type) discharge from my private part without odor, even I found the same on 14 today. I am trying for pregnancy please help me is this normal?
I am 16 weeks pregnant, having bronchial asthma. Does it will pass on to my baby, or will it create problems in my pregnancy.
Hello Doctor, On 12 september 2015, I had an USG. It was reported uterus is bulky and contains a single gestational sac with a single fetus in it. No cardiac activity of the fetus is observed on real time. C. R. L. Measures 1.19cm, corresponding to 7 weeks 3 days gestation. YSD - 0.73CM (abnormally enlarged. Doctor said me to wait for one week and then to go for abortion. Is there any chance to get back the cardiac activity? please help me.
My periods have late for 10 days, is there any problems about pregnancy I have checked it was negative result of pregnancy, should I wait or meet any doctor, please suggest needful.
Had unprotected sex and took an ipill but d guy did not ejaculated inside .still can get pregnant was on allopathy hormonal treatment and now is in ayurvedic one.
Pregnancy is an ideal time to start taking really good care of yourself, both physically and emotionally. If you follow the few simple guidelines below, you should give yourself the best chance of having a problem free pregnancy and a healthy baby.Healthy and fit baby is all what mother demands so here are the tips for a healthy pregnancy.
2. Eat well: Aim to eat a healthy, balanced diet whenever you can. Try to have, at least five portions of fruit and vegetables daily. Plenty of carbohydrates, such as roti and rice, as the basis of your meals. Choose wholegrain carbohydrates rather than white, so you get plenty of fibre. Daily servings of protein, such as fish, lean meat, eggs, nuts or pulses, and some milk and dairy foods. Two portions of fish a week, at least one of which should be oily.
3. Take a supplement: Pregnancy vitamin supplements aren't a substitute for a balanced diet. But they can help if you're worried you're not eating well, or you're too sick to eat much.
4. Be careful about food hygiene: There are some foods that are not safe to eat in pregnancy. This is because they can carry a health risk for your baby. It is always recommended to avoid foods such as raw papaya and raw pineapple during pregnancy as cause pregnancy or birth complications. It can even lead to miscarriage. Avoid eating outside food.
5. Exercise regularly: Good exercise choices for pregnancy include, brisk walking, swimming, antenatal classes, yoga, pilates, etc. One should do exercise which she is used to doing regularly when not pregnant and should avoid starting any new exercise during pregnancy without supervision.
6. Begin doing pelvic floor exercises: Your pelvic floor comprises a hammock of muscles at the base of your pelvis. These muscles support your bladder, vagina and back passage. They can feel weaker than usual in pregnancy because of the extra pressure upon them. Pregnancy hormones can also cause your pelvic floor to slacken slightly.
7. Cut out alcohol: Any alcohol you drink rapidly reaches your baby via your bloodstream and placenta.
There is no way to know for sure how much alcohol is safe during pregnancy. That's why many experts advise you to cut out alcohol completely while you're expecting.
8. Cut back on caffeine: Coffee, tea, cola and energy drinks are mild stimulants. There are concerns that too much caffeine may increase your risk of miscarriage. It's also thought possible that too much caffeine may contribute to your risk of having a low birth weight baby.
9. Stop smoking: Smoking during pregnancy can cause serious health problems, for you and your baby. These risks include an increased risk of, miscarriage, premature birth, low birth weight.
10. Get some rest: The fatigue you feel in the first few months is due to high levels of pregnancy hormones circulating in your body. Later on, it's your body's way of telling you to slow down.To wind down ready for bed, try relaxation techniques, which are safe in pregnancy, such as yoga, stretching, deep breathing, visualisation, massage.
What will happen if you don't follow these tips?
1. Insufficient Growth
2. Neurological Disorders
3. Low Birth Weight
5. Fetus and Infant Death
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Last night I have a sex with my husband but i'm not ready to become pregnant now, so what to do now.
Man is different from the other species in that we are social beings. One of the main differentiators is our constant need to 'connect' with our fellow beings. Be it family or friends or society at large, we constantly need to be connected to our near and dear ones and want attention, affection, and assurance.
We need to respect this basic desire and appreciate that there is nothing wrong in feeling needed. Problems arise when this feeling to be needed gets excessive. There is a significant constant demand from the needy person, especially from those who are close to them.
Some cases where neediness is demonstrated are in new relationships. In the beginning, there is a great urge to please and therefore a greater focus on interacting with them. There is a fear of losing attention, there is insatiable excessive demand for attention - be it pleas, accusations, or demands - so as to not feel abandoned and deserted. Neediness is also quite evident in people with depression. Again, an attempt to not be abandoned by their near and dear ones.
By making a conscious effort, the neediness can be reduced, thereby making the relationships smoother and less painful to both the parties involved. As the saying goes - 'acknowledging the problem is half the problem solved'. Needy people should realize or accept if told that there is an issue and make a conscious effort to work on reducing neediness.
1. Divert attention - As simple as it might sound, it is equally effective. Indulge in whatever interests you - exercise, meditation, dance, sing, etc. The idea is to divert attention so that the urge to feel needy and act on that instinct is reduced. This reduces the fear of being lonely and works magic. The busier you get, the less bored you are. As they say, be alone but not lonely.
2. Clarity in communication - One of the intricacies of neediness is making unclear demands. Sadly, quite often, the person does not know what he wants, and so are the demands or requests which are equally unclear. Once you are aware that your neediness is making you do this, make an effort to clearly communicate what you actually want. This reduces the stress on both the parties involved and leads to a happier engagement.
3. Clarity in relationships - Take a step back and see if your neediness is affecting any major relationships. If yes, revisit and clarify. Make an attempt and reestablish the relationships. If it is your truly near and dear ones, they will be very forthcoming and understanding.
4. Move on - In cases where your neediness has affected another person, be wise to accept their wishes and not be more 'needy' or clingy. This acceptance will make way for a lot of healthier relationships as you learn to deal with accepting your issues.
5. Socialize - Use your hobbies to make more friends and socialize more. Having more people to interact with reduces your need to be accepted by the same people. You have more people to rely on and might make more friends for keeps.
These are some simple ways to reduce neediness on others, but as mentioned, the first step is to accept and then work on ways to reduce it.