Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Swarupa Patil
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Swarupa PatilYour feedback matters!
I am 25 years female .In August 2017 I had sex but now nov 17 have missed a period is it any ways related to pregnancy. Please help me.
According to many fitness experts, swimming can be an effective and rigorous fitness workout for people of all age, and everyone should try to hit the pool every day. While this is a regular regime for some, many are into a misconception that swimming is like child’s play. There are also those who think that swimming is not an effective form of weight loss. But the reality is that swimming is one of the best cardio exercises, and you must include it in your regular fitness regime.
And, in case you are running out of reasons to indulge in swimming, here are a few important points to convince you.
- Swimming is good for the health of the heart: Swimming is known to provide an unparalleled conditioning of cardiovascular health if you can practice it with an untainted consistency. Even though other kinds of exercise such as running or cycling can be more effective to boost the levels of metabolism, you should include swimming in cross-training routine. Pushing yourself to swim regularly will improve the overall fitness.
- Helps in balancing the structure of muscles: Swimming aids in building longer and leaner muscles which complement the denser muscles produced from weight training. These newly formed muscles also aid in speeding up the metabolism process for keeping the calorie for burning longer.
- Swimming is an excellent form of cross-training: Swimming helps in improving the cardiovascular capacity and increase muscle strength. But the reason why swimming is famous among fitness enthusiasts is that swimming offers the much-needed break from the high impact workouts such as weight-lifting, running and basketball. It allows athletes a respite from the regular intensive routine and helps the body to heal properly without compromising the daily fitness sessions.
- Swimming helps in improving the overall flexibility of the muscles: Hitting the pool gradually relaxes the major muscle groups in the body and increase flexibility along with stretching it. If you indulge in lactic acid building workouts such as weight-lifting, cycling and running, swimming for half an hour assists in flushing out the toxins and spare the muscles from becoming tight and sore the following day.
- Assists in strengthening the core: One of the most prominent reasons why you should hit the pool regularly is that it helps in improving the core body strength. This is due to utilisation of the major muscle groups at the same time. Even though about 70 percent of the body’s effort rises from the upper portion, moves such as fin and kickboard can offer an excellent lower body workout.
To sum up, these benefits are definite to compel anyone to consider swimming on a regular basis and improve the quality of life without hurting the muscles. And in no time, you would start enjoying it too!" In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I've married about 5 months, but my white blood has been passed for several times after sexual period 5 drops/15 mins please tell me what should I done?
I took ipill on the 1 of May. On the 8th of May I started to bleed which resulted in a full period. Some doors said it was withdrawal bleeding. My period was due on the 18 of May. Making my cycle just 20 days while my cycle is of 30/34 days. I want to know will I get the period again on the 18 or should I count the days for the next period from 8th. Thanks.
I had my periods on 25th feb. Nd on 13th feb my bf just inserted penis inside but since it was the first time so it dod not went inside and he had used condom nd did not ejaculate .Is there a chance of pregnancy?
If you do intercourse for get pregnant then without wait for her menses when can I check urine test with pregnancy kit?
Im 17 years old and overweight and have got my periods since a year though I had got them initially but they then stopped. I recently was sexually active but im not sure if I properly had sex though it was without a condom. Is it possible for me to get pregnant? I have a constant lower abdominal cramp but I have had any bloody discharge, morning sickness or my periods.
Ayurvedic massages are being performed for a long time for the overall mind and body support. This Indian traditional medicine ensures proper interaction between the mind, body and soul from the powers that lie within the human body. These messages are normally performed with the application of warm essential oils and help in improving the blood circulation, stimulating the lymphatic system and opening the body force.
Some of the special and highly beneficial Ayurvedic massages are:
- Pizhichil: This Ayurvedic massage includes pouring of warm essential oils from a specialized type of vessel known as Kindi, which is placed at a considerable height while the expert masseur executes the massage. As the massage is done for balancing out the Vata dosha, the essential oil is chosen on the basis of the patient's condition. The warmth of the oil is necessary for removing the Vata dosha and is extremely beneficial for individuals suffering from soreness caused from fractures, stiffness in various parts of the body, paralysis, monoplegia, hemiplegia and paraplegia.
- Njavarakizhi: This massage is aimed at increasing perspiration in the body and is very popular in Kerala. Here, after the application of the warm medicated oil, pressurized massage is given with small cotton bags that are filled with a specific type of processed rice termed as 'Njavara'. While the massage is given, cotton bags are dipped into cow milk, and a distinctive herbal paste is utilized for the production of sweat.
- Shirodhara: As the name says, this is a head massage that helps in stimulating the nerves present in the scalp area. It is mainly done through applying herbal or medicated oil on the head region in a continuous flow or stream. This massage is perfect for relieving mental fatigue, increasing focus and easing headaches.
- Elakizhi and Ubtaan: These types of Ayurvedic massages involve a combination of different herbal materials that form an effective beauty and skin solution. Both these massages help in revitalizing the skin, improving the texture of the skin, nourishing the body and improving the circulation, all these help in making the person appear fresh and beautiful.
Along with these Ayurvedic massages, there are several other types of massages available like the Gharshana that doesn't require any lubricant, Udvartana that helps in releasing the toxins from the body, and Abhyangam which is a whole body massage. Each of these massages is suitable for a specific condition and thus you must speak with an expert to know, which massage would be ideal for you.