Quad Screening Treatment
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Management of Postnatal Care
Treatment of Menstrual Disorders In Adolescent Gir
Treatment for Congenital Diseases
Treatment for Congenital Disorders
Management of New Born Care
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
CSF Rhinorrhea Surgery
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Treatment of Limping Child
Treatment Of Fractures And Other Injuries In Child
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Submit a review for Miracles Mediclinics (Apolo Cradle)Your feedback matters!
Obesity can cause severe self-esteem problems. Obesity in children, more specifically childhood obesity, can affect the overall physical, mental and emotional health of your child.
Here are easy ways to prevent your child from falling prey to obesity:
- Encourage your child to pursue physical activity - Try to encourage your child to engage in some form of physical activity for about 60 minutes every day. From brisk walking, swimming, dancing to skipping - your child could opt for any of these physical activities. Having your child lead an active life can see him/her enjoying a number of health benefits like respite from stress, strengthening of his/her bones and muscles and decrease in blood pressure, to name a few.
- Ensure your child gets enough sleep - Lastly, a good night's rest that lasts about 9-12 hours is vital for optimal weight maintenance. Studies reveal that children who slept for fewer hours were more at risk of being obese. This is because less sleep causes fatigue, leading to a decrease in physical activity and therefore, use of energy.
- Develop healthy eating habits in your child - Encouraging your little ones to develop healthy eating habits is vital for maintaining optimum body weight. Instead of high sugar and high fat foods, a child's diet should consist of fruits, vegetables and whole-grain foods (such as oats, quinoa and wheat). Proteins such as lean meats, lentils, beans and fish should be included in his/her eating plan as well. Most importantly, serving food in the right portion sizes will ensure your child is getting the right amount of nutrients, while preventing him/her from consuming empty calories. Inculcate these eating habits in them right from the time they are toddlers so that it stays with them as they get older.
- Put a limit on your child's TV time - When it comes to the time that your child may spend before the TV, computer or other gizmos, it should be not more than 2 hours a day. Instead, devise fun activities wherein your child as well other members of the family can take part in or ones in which your child does not need a company. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
Infants often suffer from certain diseases which need proper care and timely treatment for quick recovery. At times, it can be difficult to communicate with an infant and understand his/her needs and problems but with a close observation you will surely be able to detect any alteration in the baby's behavior and sense it when he/she is ill. Here are some of the most common diseases infants are susceptible to and what you can do about them.
1. Abdominal distension
It is normal for a baby's belly to stick out after he/she has been fed, but if between feedings there is swelling in the abdomen or it feels hard, it can be an indication of a problem. If this symptom is accompanied by vomiting and absence of bowel movements for more than two days, your baby may be suffering from abdominal distention. This condition may have been caused by swallowing of extra air by the baby while crying or feeding. In such a situation, a pediatrician should be consulted for proper diagnosis and treatment.
It is common among newborns to develop mild forms of jaundice as the undeveloped liver is often not able to eliminate the chemical bilirubin from the blood. Mostly, this situation proves to be harmless till the level of bilirubin reaches a certain limit. After that, the disease must be properly treated to avoid damage to the baby's brain or nervous system.
3. Rsv infection
Rsv or respiratory syncytial virus is responsible for causing respiratory problems among infants. Rsv infection usually affects the bronchial passage and shows symptoms like cough, runny nose and mild fever which may even lead to bronchitis. Moreover, this infection may also develop into viral pneumonia, which makes it more important to consult a pediatrician if your baby shows any of the above symptoms.
Infants are susceptible to watery bowel movements due to the action of virus, allergens, specific medications or bacteria. If you observe that your baby is passing stools more often than usual and it is watery, then it may be a case of diarrhea. Sometimes, these symptoms are accompanied by high fever, abdominal pain, lethargy, vomiting, dry eyes and mouth etc. In this situation you should consult your pediatrician and focus on replacing the fluids your baby has lost, to prevent dehydration.
Hello Doctors, Our friend having 3 months boy baby (Pre Mature Baby) and we are observing like past 4 days he is having issue with MOTION like unable to deliver motion so kindly request you to suggest. Tomorrow we are planning to consult pediatric doctor parallel. Thanks.
How I can grow my 1 year old baby health. He is too weak. He drink only packed milk and do not eat any food usually vomit if forced to eat. He do not drink water as well. What and how I should fead him so that he should be stronger with bady and brains. height is also my concern. He two times suffered from pneumonia and admitted to hospital. He usually suffered from any disease.
Normally, neck pain in adults tends to gets fine in a week or so by taking proper rest and medication. But when it comes to kids, one has to be careful because if a kid is complaining of neck pain, it could be because of muscle soreness or slight infection but you need to be careful as it can be much more than merely a neck pain. Here, we are not referring to the neck pain which occurs during sore throat but the pain that happens at the back of the neck.
Let’s see how harmful it could be:
1. Torticollis: If a child’s neck pain is so severe that he’s not able to move his head, then it could be torticollis. You know that it’s torticollis when your child keeps his head continuously on one side which is often associated with painful muscle spasms.
2. Infection in lymph node: Pain in kid’s neck could be because of infection in lymph node which irritates the neck and causes its spasm.
3. Damaged spinal cord: Spinal cord gets its protection from neck. A little pain in the neck could be because of some fracture which the child might have got while playing etc. and did not notice. So, even a mild neck pain in children shouldn’t be ignored and if the child finds it bearable, then you must consult a doctor at once.
4. Meningitis: It’s a bacterial infection of the membrane which covers spinal cord and brain. A child can suffer brain damage if it is not treated in time. And it starts with neck pain only, so it shouldn’t be ignored at any cost.
5. Swelling of glands: When a child is complaining of neck pain or discomfort in the neck area, it can be due to infection which can cause swelling in the glands. So consulting your doctor on time will be good for your child’s health.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.