Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Rotator Cuff Injury Treatment
Corn Removal Procedure
Nadi Pariksha Treatment
Scar Revision Surgery
Scar Revision Surgery
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Deep Pigmentation Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Kerala Massage Treatment
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Kshar Sutra Therapy Treatment
Patient Review Highlights
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Ashok Bansal to be very helpful. Thank u..i used it n im trying..
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Ashok Bansal to be very helpful. Thx
Dr. Ashok Bansal provides answers that are knowledgeable. Ok Dr.thanks for ur advice
Khadija Ahmad Abbasi
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Ashok Bansal to be prompt. Share feedback in your own words...
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Ashok Bansal to be very helpful. Good
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Ashok Bansal to be very helpful. Thanks
Dr. Ashok Bansal provides answers that are professional. Thank u
Have you heard of a controversy over, whether to drink milk standing or sitting? There are some scientific reasons, according to which, drinking milk in a sitting position is better and healthier than having it while standing. According to Ayurveda, milk is considered to be a vital and precious food item, and hence, you must ensure that you are drinking milk in the right posture.
You should sit while drinking milk
Scientifically, drinking milk while standing causes the fluid hit the lower part of your esophagus. Over time, this may result in the dilation or relaxation of the sphincter which connects the stomach to the esophagus. This may lead to a health condition known as GERD or Gastroesphegal reflux disease.
From Ayurvedic point of view, drinking milk or any fluid in a standing position is forbidden and advised against. Many scholars suggest that this norm exists because of health reasons. Moreover, drinking milk in a standing position may cause another issue. If you gulp down half a liter of milk, it goes into your stomach. The stomach’s capacity is between 900 to 1500 millimeters and on the consumption of the milk, it gets half full all of a sudden. This may cause the stomach to pulsate because of the volume of milk and it will also distend the stomach capacity because of weight. This may cause colic shock resulting in intense abdominal pain.
If you sit down and drink milk, sip by sip, the stomach will not distend because of the support it gets from the stomach cavity, which is in turn is supported by your thighs.
Benefits of drinking milk
In Ayurveda, milk is a highly beneficial food, having several benefits. They are as follows:
- Milk is calming and cooling, which helps in balancing Vata and Pitta.
- According to Ayurveda, milk is considered to be the most calming and nourishing food.
- It is a natural food for human beings, which they are accustomed to right from birth.
- Milk is an aphrodisiac and helps in vitalizing the reproductive system, improving your sex drive and quality of sperms in men.
- When you want to correct obesity, it is a perfect food for satisfying hunger and thirst.
- Milk causes a sense of soothing and satisfaction in many different types of illnesses and diseases.
- Milk is essential for your mind, for children and is also used for treating depression.
Although many people argue that there is no scientific reason associated with sitting and drinking milk to be safe, it has been scientifically proven that it is better to eat or drink anything while sitting, instead of standing. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a ayurveda and ask a free question.
For all the fitness fanatics, watching their calorie count is one of the most challenging tasks that they are confronted with. While carbohydrates are among the highest sources of energy and crucial for the well-being of a person, excess of carbohydrates might lead to a significant amount of calorie gain. It is precisely for this reason that many who intend to lose the kilos, often have to give up on rice. Rice has always featured as the staple of a lot of cultures and yet it is universally considered baneful for those on a diet. Substituting rice isn't an easy task considering it is integral to many cuisines and is also one of the most widely preferred dishes. In that regard, customized diets and replacement products have emerged as a boon in their lives. One of the best replacement foods, creating waves in the culinary world is cauliflower rice.
1. Low in calories: Unlike rice, cauliflower does not amount to a high calorie gain while imparting essential nutrients to the body. Cauliflower is rich in fiber that cleanse the digestive tracts, it also contains vital antioxidants like vitamins A, C and D and therefore, purifies your system from within. It is packed with anti-inflammatory properties, thus providing the required amount of energy without adding to the unwanted fats.
2. Controls diabetes Rice is often perceived as a stimulant of diabetic conditions. Since cauliflower increases the protein intake of the body and averts the consumption of unrefined carbohydrates, it substantially reduces the chances of insulin spike. Switching over to cauliflower helps in abetting the dreaded diabetes, an ailment that afflicts a large section of the modern lives.
3. Tasty to eat: Unlike most bland diet food like the spaghetti squash, cauliflower does not make you crib and crave for some buttery indulgences. When cooked with like couscous, it can be all light and fluffy, ideal as a side dish to curries. Whereas, when served in salads, raw cauliflower can be fairly toothsome and crunchy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.