Laser Hair Removal
Knee Pain Treatment
Root Canal Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Mole Removal Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Skin Care Treatment
Submit a review for Chellam HospitalYour feedback matters!
Hair transplantation surgery is a procedure where the hair follicles are taken from a donor site (usually the side or back of the head) and implanted on the recipient site that is on the area of baldness. This is a common treatment for men with androgenic alopecia (male pattern baldness) where the hair follicles reduce due to the influence of androgenic hormones. It can also help women with female pattern baldness. Many people have reservations about the procedure but hair transplantation comes with a number of advantages, such as:
- Natural growth after surgery: The biggest and most obvious benefit of hair transplantation is that it improves your physical appearance and eliminates the problem of balding completely. This is because the implanted hair follicles continue their natural growth process after they have been transplanted. So, your hair does not look artificial. Premature bald spots often result in low self-esteem and self-confidence issues which can be effectively addressed by the surgery.
- Uniform distribution of hair follicles: Hair transplantation with latest techniques gives natural distribution of hair and proper coverage of bald areas
- Easy procedure and no side effects: The operation is done under local anaesthesia . You will feel no pain throughout the procedure. Very comfortable procedure and you will be awake throughout the procedure. This surgery is done at the level of skin and this is not related to the brain. There is no side effects of this surgery. Today, the surgeons mostly use micro grafts which are placed in such a way that all bald spots are covered with minimal effort.
- One time procedure : Hair transplantation is the only permanent solution of baldness. No medical treatment for baldness is permanent. Once the hair transplantation has been done, it lasts a lifetime. .Since the grafts are made of your own hair, they continue to grow naturally throughout your lifetime allowing you to cut or style your hair as you wish.
Oily skin is a condition that can be characterized by shine on the skin and a large number of pores. The oil in question is a result of overactive sebaceous glands that produce excessive sebum. This can result in acne and blackheads. Summer is a time of the year where skin problems due to oily skin are worsened by factors such as sweat and dust. So proper skin care is necessary in order to negate the effects of oily skin.
There are multiple ways to handle this condition in summers:
1. Using cleansers - Proper cleaning of skin is a very important step in lessening the effects of oily skin. Harsh cleansers have an opposing effect as they facilitate secretion of oil, so a mild cleanser is usually the best option. Some cleansers may contain ingredients that irritate the skin, so care is advised in selecting a proper one.
2. Hydration and food - Keeping the body well hydrated in summers combined with a diet free of greasy, oily food and less fats can help in reducing the effects of oily skin.
3. Using masks to clear the face - Masks such as clay masks, yogurt, and baking soda can help in cleansing the skin by clearing the oil. It should be noted that these treatments should not be overdone as they can cause the skin to dry up too much and over secrete oil.
4. Skin moisturizers - People often have this notion that oily skin does not require moisturizer application. Selecting a moisturizer that is fit for oily skin and using it will help moisturize the skin and keep it healthy.
5. Sunscreen - Sunscreen is a necessity during summers, and the sunscreen you choose should be specifically for oily skin in order for it to work effectively. Application of sunscreen can help prevent the UV rays of the sun from penetrating the skin and cause complications.
6. Dermatological treatment - In case of severe oiliness, treatments such as chemical peels and creams laced with tretinoin can help.
Receding hairlines is a typical worry for both men and women. Since it influences appearance, it is a sensitive theme for most individuals. There is a whole host of hair care products available in the market right from shampoos, oils to creams which to some extent may have a positive effect on your hairline. Apart from this it is important to have the right type of foods that gives the much needed care and support to the hair. Some of these nourishments won't just avoid hair fall in addition they enhance the nature of your hair and general wellbeing.
With every one of the brands offering amla hair care products, the significance of vitamin c for hair is self-evident. Vitamin c is in charge of delivering collagen that keeps the hair tissues together. Inadequacy of vitamin c can bring about split ends of broken hair strands, fragile hair that breaks quite easily. Next time you shop organic products, recollect to pick citrus natural products like orange, amla, strawberries, kiwi and grapefruit.
Oats contain a large number of essential vitamins and minerals that are required by the body and specifically for hair. Having oats for breakfast is the ideal approach to guarantee a solid breakfast and provides a lot of nourishment for your hair. Oats alongside honey can likewise be utilized as a conditioner for hair.
Another nourishing factor for hair is eggs, they contain key nutrients like vitamin b complex, omega 3 unsaturated fats, zinc and iron. They provide the strengthening factor to the hair and breakage of hair is minimized. Eggs likewise contain biotin which is another essential supplement required for hair development. Applying egg alongside curd on the hair acts as an amazing protein pack for the hair.
Notwithstanding being useful for your eyes, carrot is extremely valuable for the scalp as well. Carrots enhances blood flow to the head consequently prevents hair fall and damage, improves the growth rate of the hair. They can be included in your meal as salads or for that matter drink a glass of carrot juice or just have a raw one as you please.
Seeds like sesame, pumpkin, chia, flax, and sunflower contain l-lysine which is an amino acid promoter general well beingof hair. Since these seeds contain high measure of calories, ensure you eat in measured quantities.
6. Lean protein
The body replaces normal hair loss with growth of new hair. Protein is the building block for growth and chicken is a rich source of protein. Eating 100 grams of chicken a day is recommended. Vegetarians can substitute chicken with chickpea, quinoa or lentils.
The human body has the capacity to replace normal hair loss with growth of new hair strands. Protein is the base for hair growth and chicken is a rich soruce of protein. Eating 100 grams of chicken a day is prescribed. Vegans can substitute chicken with lentils, chickpea, and quinoa.
Walnuts are incredible for the hair containing vitamin b, iron, protein, zinc and loads of omega 3 unsaturated fat. Aside from walnuts, almonds and cashews additionally avert hair-fall and advance hair generation. Eating a modest quantity of nuts every day ought to be sufficient for normal hair growth.
Eating these nourishments is the ideal approach for your hair as well as they help general wellbeing of your body. Incorporate these simple changes to your eating regimen and get that lustrous hair that you have been yearning for. As you invest in a host of insurance products so is the case for investing in general well being of your health in order lead a happy life. Stay healthy, stay happy, stay hydrated!
The skin on your body is an important organ which also has many important functions such as regulating the body temperature through perspiration, allowing you to touch and feel the world around us. The skin is a supple organ with folds and variations and different levels of thickness. To maintain its health, it is very important to keep it properly hydrated. Let’s look at a few ways that can be done naturally:
- Moisturize: This is an important step that many don’t follow and it is a very important part of skin care. Moisturizing is necessary in both dry and wet climates. What you need to be aware of is to change the type of moisturizer from season to season. It is better to moisturize with a lighter lotion and less often during summers while the winters would require a heavier lotion with increased frequency.
- Use humidifiers during the dry seasons: Many people may miss this trick, but it is a good idea to run a humidifier within the room during the dry seasons as it helps you to breathe better as well as keeps your skin hydrated. Also, when sleeping in air conditioned rooms, it is a good idea to run a humidifier to ensure that the cold air doesn’t dehydrate your skin.
- Stop taking hot showers for too long: This is another common reason for dry skin. Taking hot showers for extended periods of time will rob your skin of its natural moisturizers and result in dry, scaly skin. Too long and hot showers will strip the skin of its essential oils and thus result in it becoming scaly and dry. Preferably, take shorter and colder showers.
- Change lifestyle habits: One of the greatest disruptors of skin health are bad habits, such as smoking, drinking excessive alcohol and sun damage. Ensure that you have enough protection from the sun to stop sun damage. Smoking and alcohol both dry out our skin and thus result in you looking older as well as developing more wrinkles. Give up smoking and try to limit alcohol consumption to limited quantities.
- Exercise: Many of the skin related woes occur due to the lack of physical movement, which results in underlying conditions. These underlying conditions may not only cause the skin quality to deteriorate, but will also result in it being dry. It is important to exercise to keep the internal regulatory systems in best condition and keep the skin hydrated.
If you wish to discuss about any specific skin related problem, you can consult a specilized dermatologist and ask a free question.
Muscle pain is common to both men and women irrespective of their age. People usually resort to painkillers in order to receive temporary relief, but taking too much of these can affect your health adversely. Ayurveda provides effective ways to heal muscle pain.
The following few ways to treat muscle pain can be taken into notice:
1. Regular exercise- Regular exercise can help you treat muscle pain. Yoga can prove to be very helpful. You may try lotus pose, cobra pose, boat pose among many others to get relief from muscle pain.
2. Panchakarma- Panchakarma is a therapeutic treatment, which can help you heal your muscle pain. It includes five steps vamana, virechana, nasya, basti, raktamokshana, which will clean your body and mind from toxins and can also offer relief from pain.
3. Abhyanga-This process is suggested in ayurveda to offer relief from muscular pain. It involves applying oil all over your body followed by a warm bath.
5. Use of ice cubes- Applying ice cubes over the area of muscle pain can help you get some relief.
6. Foods to avoid- Avoiding food items like curd, sugar, refined cereal, rice, potato and sour food can help you to reduce muscle pain.
7. Ayurvedic Herbs- Ayurveda also offers many herbs, which can help you find relief from your muscle pain.
In Ayurveda, acne is known as YouvanaPidaka, where Youvana is youth and pidaka is skin eruption. Acne is related to both facial skin health and hormones and with Ayurvedic treatment; you can actually get rid of these.
Before you get treated for acne, you must know the causes of getting acne.
Causes of Acne:
According to Ayurveda, the following reasons may result in eruption of 'pidaka'.
- Too much intake of fried food that vitiates Pitta and Kapha.
- Using cosmetics that directly affect the facial skin.
- Waking until late night resulting in imbalance of bodily functions.
- Anxiety and stress that lead to imbalance in metabolism and release toxins.
- Changes that take place within the body during adolescence.
- Family history
All these may lead to over production of sebum that clogs the pores. Sometimes bacteria are also responsible for acne.
Hormonal imbalance is another cause that leads to acne on the face.
Treatment of Acne with Ayurveda:
There are certain things that can be followed at home so that you can keep your skin clean and clear.
- Wash your face thoroughly with Luke warm at least three to four times a day.
- Using herbs that are useful in detoxifying and blood purification. For instance, neem and turmeric have anti-bacterial effect that cleanses the area with acne and helps them heal quickly.
- Applying sandal wood or turmeric pastes that are complexion enhancer.
- Mind smoothening medicines and coolants.
- If there is hormonal imbalance, then get a therapy for balancing hormone.
There are different herbs that are useful for treating acne. They are
- Turmeric or haridra: it helps in reducing the oily nature of the skin and adds luster to the skin.
- Neem or Nimba that is well known for its blood purification properties.
- Berberis Aristata or daruharidra that helps in reducing the acne scars and helps to get a glow on the face.
- Hemidesmusindicus or sariva that is a good blood purifier.
- Sandal wood or chandan for treating the acne with a soothing effect.
- Red sandal wood or raktachandana that purifies the blood and improves the blood circulation.
- Nutmeg or jathiphala for reducing the scar marks of acne.
- Indian Gooseberry or amlaki that nourishes both skin and the blood.
- Ashwagandha, Shatavari, Ashoka that are well known for treating hormonal imbalance.
By adding these in your diet and stopping fried foods, you can see changes in the acne marks. However, still if you find that they are there, rush to an expert for better advice.
Arthritis is a common musculoskeletal condition that affects elderly men and women. Joint pain, stiffness and inflammation are the most common symptoms of this condition. This pain can get so bad as to affect your movement and leave you unable to do simple things like walking up stairs or even simply turning a doorknob.
Arthritis cannot be reversed but with medication and a few lifestyle changes, your quality of life can be improved.
- Exercise and weight loss: Though it is difficult to do, losing weight can help relieve the pain of arthritis. This takes the pressure off your joints and increases the range of possible motions. Though exercising may be the last thing you want to do, it can help increase your flexibility and help strengthen your muscles. Aerobics, stretching and strength training are ideal for arthritic patients.
- Assistive devices: Arthritis can make a person knock kneed or bow legged. Wearing unloading braces, shoe inserts or walking with a cane or shoe inserts can help redistribute your weight and take the pressure of your joints. It can also help relieve pain and prevent arthritis from worsening.
- Eating right: Some types of food can worsen arthritic symptoms. This includes processed foods like white flour and sugar, yeast, chemical additives, gluten, hydrogenated and trans fats, milk products, caffeine, alcohol and tobacco. Hence, avoid consuming these foods and instead have a diet rich in fruits, vegetables, nuts and whole grain. You could also try alkaline foods like green leafy vegetables, wheatgrass and aloe vera.
- Massage therapy: A massage not only de-stresses the body, but can also relieve muscle and joint pain by improving blood circulation. Massages also help break up muscular waste deposits and increase the amount of oxygen circulated in the body. This helps transport nutrients to tissues and carries toxins away. Ideally, an arthritic patient should have a massage 2-3 times a week in the beginning and at least twice a month once the condition has stabilised.
- Supplements: Along with eating healthy, including a few supplements in your daily diet can also help alleviate arthritic symptoms. When it comes to rheumatic arthritis; the anti-inflammatory properties of vitamin C help fight arthritis by promoting bone and cartilage growth and reducing infection. Fish oil is rich in Omega-3 fatty acids that help reduce inflammation, Vitamin D is another supplement that helps relieve arthritic pain by helping the bones absorb calcium faster and preventing further loss of cartilage.