Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
She has numbness in palms and feet at night while sleeping? What is the reason for it? Is there any solution for it?
Sleep on your back
Sleeping on your back is the best position to let your entire spine rest comfortably. If you prefer to sleep on your side or on your stomach, make sure your pillow is not too high around 4 to 6 inches thick. This will prevent your head and neck from turning unnaturally to either side.
Position your computer screen at eye level
Sit comfortably in your office chair in front of your computer and close your eyes. When you open them, your gaze should be directly in the middle of your computer screen. If it is not, use books or other items to adjust the screen height.
Do not allow your head to drift forward over your shoulders. And don't forget to take frequent breaks get up and move around at least every 30 minutes.
My husband suffering with sugar patient (madhu meham) also suffering with knee pains, eye sight, sex problems.
I am 60 year old male having cough, cold and sore throat all through the year for the past several years. Please tell me what should I do. I also have acute pain in my knees and most of the joints. Please advise treatment.
I am 50 years old woman and for last few days I am having pain in my neck and some time my ear becoming un audible.
Having clitoral discomfort again. I pulled back the clitoral hood and saw some white patches around the edge. I can't tell if it's smegma or LS white patches. It's too sensitive to scrape hard enough to get it off. If it's smegma, should I be cleaning it off? I find this so stressful. Feel weepy.
What is the reason of back pain at the morning after sleep. I have already perform the test Rh factor that is negative.
Hi sir 1 week ago when I was playing football suddenly lower rt back catched. Till now its paining. If I bend also its pains. Please tell me precautions for that ?
I have a neck pain since 8 to 10 days and it pains just at the end and left side of spinal cord. please suggest?
Hello sir/madam, I am 20 years old I have got pain on my left leg heel from past two days. The pain is severe and literally can't walk. What is the problem and how it is cured? (The pain is only on left leg heel area)
I am 39 Year old female, having Joint Pain in Shoulders and Back. Please inform me what I should do to get rid of Pain?
I am 28 years, Whenever I get erection my knee starts pain (cramps) , I go to many doctors they all say that its not possible, there is no link between knee and erection. But I am facing this from eight months Either any blood supply problem or any muscles or ligaments connection which create pain during erection, I do not know but its not psychological. Any test I require to diagnose my problem, please help.
I have a pain on left side body. Such pain can not define because it is sometime near to stomach, backside or near to chest it is uncertain location. Can you suggest me what could I have to follow.
A neck strain and sprain is not a serious injury. However, they can still cause significant dysfunction and pain.
Causes of Neck Strain
The anatomy of the cervical spine is such that it not only houses, but also protects the spinal cord. Along with this it supports the head and allows it for mobility and motion. But this area, which allows the spine to be flexible can also leave it vulnerable for injury.
Triggers for the onset of neck muscle strain can be:
- Too much time spent in an uncomfortable position, such as humping over the steering wheel while driving, bending over the computer monitor, talking on the phone while placing it in the crook of the neck.
- Sleeping on a very high or too firm pillow can lead to an uncomfortable position of the head thus leading to the strain of the neck
- Carrying heavy objects on one side of the body
- Any trauma that might have impacted the neck, such as an accident, whiplash or a fall that might have had a head landing
Most events of a neck muscle strain or the soft tissue sprain, such as the tendons and ligaments lead to stiff neck along with pain in shoulders. There is also pain and difficulty in moving the neck or head.
Neck muscle strain remedies
Minor strains in the tendons, ligaments and muscles of the neck usually heal within a day or two. But till the symptoms subside, there are a few self care remedies that are effective in reducing the stiffness and pain. These are:
- Application of cold or ice packs: The cold reduces the inflammation, which in turn allows the strain to heal. This ice pack should be applied for 20 minutes interval in the first 24 hours.
- Application of heat: Heat helps in bringing the nutrient rich blood to the affected area in order to stimulate a healing response. Moist heat as well as heat from a hot shower or bath can be used. Some people might find relief from applying heat wraps such as thermacare.
- Over-the-counter or OTC medications: Anti-inflammatory medication, such as naproxen and ibuprofen reduces inflammation, thereby leading to the reduction in pain. Pain relieving medicines such as acetaminophen can also be taken as this reduces the perception of pain.
- Massage of the affected area: A gentle massage in the affected area helps in stimulating the blood flow of the area which in turn helps in a quick healing.