Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. JawaharYour feedback matters!
Insomnia is a mental condition, which is characterized by a difficulty in falling asleep, even when you have the chance to do so. The causes of insomnia include stress, emotional or physical discomfort; environmental factors like noise, light or extreme temperature that interferes with sleep; and depression or anxiety.
The visible symptoms of insomnia are inability to fall asleep no matter what, irritability, depression, lack of concentration and enthusiasm, and distressed stomach and intestine. Complications associated with insomnia can cause psychiatric problems, obesity, increased risk of long-term diseases or conditions like high blood pressure, heart disease and diabetes.
Insomnia can be classified in the following ways -
- Secondary insomnia: it stands for sleep problems that may be caused by health conditions, medications, pain or any other causes.
- Acute insomnia: it is also known as short-term insomnia and usually lasts for a night or a few weeks.
- Primary insomnia: it refers to sleep problems which aren't directly related with any health condition.
- Chronic insomnia: insomnia is described as long-term or chronic if you suffer from it for about 3 nights a week for 1 month or longer.
Homeopathy is a boon towards treating insomnia.
- Efficiency - The efficiency of homeopathic medicines in curing the several problems associated with insomnia is unquestionable. Plus, targets at providing long-term cure for insomnia instead of just temporary relief. The approach that homeopathy adopts includes getting at the root cause of the problem, and weeding it out so that there's never a relapse of your condition.
- Safety - Homeopathic medication are far safer therefore, it is preferable and highly recommended. It serves invaluably during insomnia and does not involve any side effects.
Homeopathic medicines are of great help in the treatment of Insomnia. The natural Homeopathic medicines have zero side-effects and work to strike out the root cause of Insomnia. The Homeopathic remedies are very beneficial in both inducing sleep as well as improving the quality of sleep. What’s more, the Homeopathic medicines for Insomnia do not carry any risk of dependency and can easily be stopped when complete recovery has taken place. The most common homeopathic preparations to cure insomnia are:
- Lycopodium: This is useful for symptoms such as suddenly waking up from sleep in the wee hours of the morning on a regular basis along with a hyperactive mind which will make you recall the daily events meticulously, much against your will.
- Rhus Tox: Useful for insomnia resulting from intense pain which might cause irritation and restlessness.
- Nux Vomica: This preparation has been proven to provide respite from this condition if the insomnia is caused due to increased stress or as a result of withdrawal symptoms from substances such as alcohol, cigarettes or other medications.
- Arsenicum: This is beneficial if the symptoms include waking up regularly at night around the same time along with anxiety and restlessness resulting from frequent bad dreams.
These are just a few of the commonly used Homeopathic remedies and are mentioned only to create awareness about the effectiveness of Homeopathic medicines in Insomnia. It is not advisable to resort to self-medication for any disease. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopathic.
Hello sir, I have problem that if I sit more than 1 or 2 hr. Migraine and headache starts and eyes close automatically and I feel very sleepy and weak.What to do please suggest.Thanks.
I have nervous problem started in my childhood days till now always shivering. My grand father had same problem this continue to me.
I have one sided (left side) head ache from last one hour. And small vibration like feel in the remaining part? Any medication.
I am 33 years old male and I am getting numb feel from lower abdomen to thigh while driving. What should i do? Please advise.
My sisters age is 21 from few days she is feeling like vibration in her right chest always. Is this serious .plz rpl fast.
I am a architecture student, I do most of work in night so there is lots of problems that I face especially insomnia and diet problem. What kind of food should I prefer.?
I am 20 years old, some times I have leg nerve should be straight and painful, how to control this. Ex: exercise time, cool climate, playing time.
Mere papa ke kaan ke piche side andar tumour tha jiska operation 4 saal pehle hua to us tym pe wo gardan se niche left side se paralysed hue aur chehre me right side se paralysed ho gye. Kuch din treatment aur physiotherapy se thoda bahut hath pair kaam krne lga but puri tarah se nahi kya koi aisa possible treatment hai jisse wo puri tarah se thik ho jaye. Aur pehle jaise chal phir paye. Please suggest me aur unko travel krwana thoda mushkil hota hai.
I have migraine. It occurs frequently since few months. Earlier it wasn't that frequent. What shall I do to avoid it or reduce it?
I am a 21 years old girl. I am suffering from migraine. When I take some stress a strong pain starts. It makes me irritating. From a month I am not getting proper sleep also. Is there is any connection between this?
A question for neurologist I have a family history of HD My mother diagnosed at the age of 48 With 50 CAG REPEATS I AM 26 and I got tested 2 years before with 26 CAG REPEATS This cag remains same or changes with time throughout life time.
I am a man of 22 years. Since last 3-4 months, I have this problem of not having sleep at night. I cannot sleep during night, and I finally can sleep only arnd 6-7a. M. It makes me feel sleepy nd sluggish for the entire day. Am I suffering from insomnia? is there any remedy for this?
A good laugh and a long sleep are the best cures in the doctor's book. - Irish Proverb
Sleep has a profound effect on our physical, emotional and mental wellbeing. You must have realised so often that we feel very fresh and energetic after a good night's sleep. And when we do not have a good night's sleep, we feel tired and irritable the whole day, our productivity decreases, we are feeling sleepy, and our whole schedule goes haywire. Sleep is the time when body undergoes repair and detoxification. Poor sleep patterns are linked to poor health and those who sleep less than six hours a night have a shorter life expectancy than those who sleep for longer.
When you sleep your muscles are relaxed during sleep and some blood circulation meant for the brain is diverted towards the muscles to repair them.
A person is said to be suffering from sleeplessness or insomnia when he/she wakes up frequently during the night or too early in the morning or has difficulty in falling asleep.
Insomnia can be classified in the following ways -
1. Primary insomnia: it refers to sleep problems which aren't directly related with any health condition.
2. Secondary insomnia: it stands for sleep problems that may be caused by health conditions, medications, pain or any other causes.
3. Acute insomnia: it is also known as short-term insomnia and usually lasts for a night or a few weeks.
4. Chronic insomnia: insomnia is described as long-term or chronic if you suffer from it for about 3 nights a week for 1 month or longer.
Common causes of sleeplessness:
When it comes to causes, there are several such as -
- Pain or discomfort while sleeping
- Use of certain medications
- Interference in your normal sleep schedule
- Having heavy meals or stimulants like caffeinated drinks and nicotine
In addition, there are also some medical conditions that can develop or aggravate insomnia, such as,
How does homeopathy help in treating insomnia
Since sleep disorder is of critical concern, homeopathy treatment offers an excellent remedy as it doesn't involve any side effects. A professional homeopath first studies the symptoms of the disorder and offers remedy accordingly. These remedies go to the root cause of the problem and are not meant to just provide symptomatic relief, apart from the medicine, you will be guided about certain lifestyle changes they should make.