Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. JawaharYour feedback matters!
My mother is having constant pain in her head. Doctors whom we have consulted have said it to be migraine. But another doctor denied that, please tell what should we do.
I am 52 years old I always get pain on the right side of the head and sometimes swelling is it migraine or something else.
I suffer from Migraine since long. Not taken any medicine yet. Am Male, 59 years, occasional smoker and drinks beer/wine once in a while.
I have multiple scattered calcific foci with healed granulomatous in my parietal lobe of brain as discovered 10 years back. I had 4 major siezures and 4 simple partial focal siezures till date. I am on a eptoin 300mg a day since 5 years. Can I consume alcohol ?
There is numbness in my both feet. Used injections and tabs methley cobala predominantly. Little effect for some days but again complete numbness. Please. Solve.
As per MRI, I have small 6 mm calcification in right parental love. Please suggest what it is meant? What to do?
I am 31 years old male. I feel my legs are weak and when I get angry or anxious my legs and hands shake. What should I do for this.
My grandmother has (dementia) alzheimer's disease. How to prevent it? please help to cure it any drugs and instructions? Thanks.
I recently read that researchers believe certain foods might cure Alzheimer’s disease. Is this true? If so, which foods do this and how much would you have to consume to get the benefits?
I am 35 years old female having migraine, cervical and Thyroid problem taking 25 mg daily. I stopped taking from last 2-3 weeks as my medicine got finished in meantime showed to ayurvedic doctor checked my thyroid which was normal and she gave me substitute (medicine) for that. The problem I am facing is major hair fall from last one month and this started while I was taking Thyroid. My hairs are falling roots. Also my hair texture is changed from last one year. My hairtexture is thin .My scalp is oily but down hairs are dry. 2 years bacl also got hairfall than it stopped itself due to that my hair density has become very less now. Hairs are thinning day by day. Can you please provide the reason for it and suggest remedy and also can I get back my lost hairs, wanted to increase the density and grow my hairs long. Please help.
I am 51 year old and suffering lot of problems i. E. Hypertension, Sinus, Headache, Cervical, numbness on some body parts.
Every night when I am about to fall sleep, I feel strong electric type of jerking movement in my brain as if I am getting a brain stroke. It happens every night. Currently I am taking tropan xl 5 for frequency of urine.
Hello doctor I am severe headache since 6 years.I consulted many doctors.Few prescribed me with pain killers but they didnot affected me. Than i consulted a neurologist he said i am having migraine and prescribed me with migraine medicines but even those medicines are ineffective. I have severe unexplained headache 24 hours a day. What should I do. Can this be tumour ? Should i get a mri done or a ct scan. Pls doctor pls help and suggest.
tegretol tablet total 500 mg potency is taken to contain fits, on reduction of potency fits occur, should it be continued or any alternative advice.
I'm patient of seizure. I always taken ox maxetol 300 medicines. I wanted b mother ,will my baby safe? Nd Brest feeding me pb hoga all pls explain me I need help.
Recently my daughter faced fits sickness. I would like to know the general symptoms before she gets this kind of fits?
Asperger's syndrome has been found to affect people at a tender age. The augmented impacts of this syndrome are felt as you grow up. It is a neurological disorder falling under the scope of Autistic Spectrum Disorders. However, it is a milder form of autism and has similarly unidentifiable causes. A person afflicted with Asperger's syndrome will not exhibit stark signs of the disorder. These persons are usually smart and brilliant but face issues in communicating or interacting socially.
Factors that may result in this disorder:
- Genetic factors could also afflict you with such a syndrome. Thus, it is important to carry your family history while consulting a doctor.
- Certain changes in a person's brain could create trouble.
- Your body could be susceptible to external toxins: many times bacteria and viruses from a polluted environment can lead you to such a serious neurological condition.
Ways to diagnose Asperger's syndrome:
- A doctor would concentrate on your child's speech: Language development can hint at many underlying health issues. Your child might fail to process speech around him or her which impairs its own speech.
- Exchanges in a social setup could be indicative of something: Children or adults could find social
- gatherings challenging. They feel awkward to interact with friends, relatives and colleagues. It takes a lot of effort on their part to exchange basic pleasantries. A doctor will be able to deduce from such symptoms.
- Facial expressions while conversing could help diagnosis: A person's facial expressions tell a lot about how they formulate or feel about things. Their words, at the same time, could be contrary. Counselors lay stress on frequent sittings to closely note the gestures made by a patient.
- Comprehension and coordination capabilities: Your child or loved one might find it difficult to handle motor regulated appliances. Comprehending instructions could also be a test. People suffering from Asperger's syndrome face problems in understanding simple things.
- Responding to change will also be taken into consideration: Patients trying to cope with this syndrome are usually not open to change. They take a very long time to adapt to a given way of life; a sudden change will thwart their idea of normalcy.