Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Assistive Walking Device Training
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Brain Suite Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Cerebral Vascular Surgery
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Procedure
Decompression Microvascular Surgery
Deep Brain Stimulation Procedure
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Paralysis
Submit a review for Dr. JawaharYour feedback matters!
My husband was diagnosed with brain tuberculosis in april this year. He was on medicines n was recovering but suddenly on 23rd july he suffered a minor stroke. Woth affected in squid right eye. Partial deviation on ride side of face and dysphagia. Though with medicine his eyes has improves 90 percent and one cannot make out any deviation on face. His walk has also become more confident. But his swallowing is showing NO IMPROVEMENT. He cannot even swallow his own spit. Please help. He is 6 feet and 92 kgs and on the following medication. Pyzina 750 thrice daily combutol 1200 mg once daily Onfloxin twice daily Decmax 4 mg thrice daily. Pan 40 Zofer. Zapiz once every night. Please please guide me. Its been 20 days. What further tests or medicines can be of any help. We try feeding half spoon soup .it goes but within 30 sec to 1 min .it comes out with cough n spit. Please please help.
A person get brain hemorrhage and paralysis attack on the right side. Before 4 month. We are not satisfied with improvement. Can you suggest the better treatment..
From past 4-5 days, I'm having sever headache with feeling of nausea. It happens all day long. I'm not able to concentrate on my studies. It all started after the viral fever I had. I got my eyesight checked and got a -0.5 spherical in both eyes and -0.25 cylindrical in one. The physician diagnosed me with a machine and said it could be migraine, although I denied him symptoms like seeing light flashes and excessive discharge from the eyes in morning. Although I get excessive tears during day time. Sometimes people ask if I'm crying. Could it be migraine? Or just due to weak eyesight. Any other symptoms to look for to check for migraine?
When i am angry or i am shouting my hands and legs shiver very severly and then I cant speak properly I face dificulty at that moment to talk also as i am shouting so keep speaking, past few time i am observing this happening to me. Is it normal or it happens?
Suffering from left side paralysis since 1/08/2011 movement of fingers are coming, done lots of treatment in all field.
I have diagnosed myself with Adult ADD through some websites. I have suspicions for long time. What is your opinion on consulting a doctor? Is medication effective for this. What are the side effects?
I have got highly shivering yesterday I don't know what is to be. I think it was fits but I cant analyzing! can you please help?
I have problem of headaches in even. G from last 5 years. I have consulted some doctors they said its migraine. What should I do?
I am 56 yrs old retired govt servant. I am suffering from diabetes since last 4 yrs. At present my fasting blood sugar level is 125. And pp 265. And a1c is 6.7%. From the last 4 months i feel very tired , pain under the deltoid region while sleeping . Legs feels numb. My TFT results are normal. Pls give me an advice.
I am suffering from migraine for last 6-7 years. I am 19 years old. I have consulted to many doctors but the problem is still same. What should I do?
Dementia cannot be singularly regarded as a specific disease, but rather indicates a group of symptoms associated with your memory, cognitive thinking, and social abilities, up to the point where daily functioning gets affected. In most cases, dementia steadily worsens over time (progressive dementias). Dementia is not to be confused with memory loss alone; because it is natural with old people to experience memory loss, but that does not necessarily mean they have dementia. If the reason is dementia, then you may require medical treatment.
Dementias are generally caused either by damage to or changes in the nerve cells operating in the brain. The causes can be grouped differently based on the type of dementia experienced and the part of the brain affected. While some causes can be reversed with effective treatment, others, unfortunately, cannot.
The most common causes of dementia which cannot be reversed include:
- Alzheimer's disease
- Vascular dementia
- Parkinson's disease
- Frontotemporal dementia
- Dementia with Lewy (dementia which is neurodegenerative and progressive in nature) bodies
- Severe head injuries
Other irreversible causes which are relatively rarer than usual include:
- Huntington's disease (breakage of the brain's nerve cells)
- Creutzfeldt-jakob disease (irreversible and fatal brain disease)
- Multiple sclerosis or amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
- Infections like syphilis
- Leukoencephalopathies (diseases affecting the brain's'white' areas)
- Brain injuries
- Multiple system atrophy
Causes of dementia which can be treated include:
- Heavy metal poisoning
- Certain brain tumors
- Chronic alcoholism
- Vitamin b12 deficiency
- Medicinal side effects or abnormal drug reactions
- Normal pressure hydrocephalus
- Certain cases of encephalitis
Symptoms of dementia include:
- Memory loss
- Difficulty finding the right words
- Difficulty exercising judgments, especially during emergencies
- Inability to recall particular events or to recognize people and places
- Depression or other mood disorders, in addition to symptoms like uncontrolled aggression or constant agitation.
A migraine is a headache that causes a distinct pulsating pain, usually in one side of the head. It is different from normal headaches in the sense that the pain is much more intense and it may be accompanied by nausea or vomiting as well. Some patients have also complained about light sensitivity while others have also complained about pain in all areas of the head.
Some of the factors that separate a migraine from a normal headache are as follows:
While a headache may last at best a day, migraines may last longer, sometimes even up to 3 days.
- Feelings of nausea or actual vomiting
- Sensitivity to light
- Extreme sensitivity to changes in sound
Causes Behind Migraines
Some of the common and known causes, which may trigger migraines in people are:
- Hormonal changes in the body that may have adverse effects
- Dehydration is also known to trigger migraines
- Patients with hypoglycemia may also face migraines if the blood sugar level drops within their body
- Change in air pressure due to change in altitude may also cause migraines to appear
- Lack of sleep
- Lifestyle issues such as smoking and excessive alcohol consumption.
Remedies for Migraine in Homeopathy
Migraine is treated in homeopathy by attacking the root causes that may trigger them. Rather than temporarily alleviating pain, homeopathic treatments aim at curing the problem completely.
Some of the medicines that are known to be effective are:
- Natrum Mur: This provides great relief from migraines, which may have been caused by stress. Also, if a proper dosage is taken, it can help cure it as well.
- Belladonna: This had been known to be a great provider of relief for people who regularly face throbbing headaches.
- Glonoine: For people who frequently have migraines due to congestion of the sinuses, this medicine has been known to be very effective.
- Spigelia: To treat migraines in the left side of the head.
- Sanguinaria: Is highly effective for situations where the migraine is on the right side of the head.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.