Management of Abortion
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Weight Management Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of H.I.V
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Submit a review for Aysha HospitalYour feedback matters!
Plantar fasciitis is an orthopedic problem that gives rise to pain in the foot and heel due to strain or pressure on the plantar fascia. This is a ligament or connective tissue which lies in a flat band, connecting your heel with the toes and effectively, providing a basis for the motion of the feet in general. Inflammation, swelling and bruising of this tissue or ligament can lead to excessive pain in the heel.
Let us look at ways that can help you deal with this pain:
- Rest: Taking rest and giving your feet a break from all kinds of strain inducing activities can help in relieving the pain. Also, you can keep your feet elevated to help in reducing the pain in the area.
- Supportive footwear: Using pads within your shoes with gel built into them, or using specific footwear that help in walking without feeling too much of pain is a good way of dealing with Plantar fasciitis. The shoe inserts must be rubber, felt or plastic so that they are soft for your feet. They also give your heel and its arch good support, while Orthotics pulls the ligament so that there is less stress on the same. You can also pull on a pair of night flints which will keep the foot and the ligament stretched while you enjoy a good night of sleep.
- Exercise: Indulging in mild muscle strengthening exercise that also involves stretching and heel hooks can help in alleviating chronic pain that you may be suffering from. Lie flat on your back and take a towel. Lift your leg and hook your foot into it. Now press against the towel and pull down the towel simultaneously. Repeat at least ten times per foot. This will give you flexibility and strength in the area.
- Painkillers: Use pain killers only when absolutely necessary and with due advice from the doctor or Orthopaedic specialist. The use of Ibuprofen and other pain relievers can help in numbing the pain inducing nerves in the brain and give you instant relief.
- Anti-inflammatory drugs: Your doctor may prescribe anti-inflammatory medication that can bring down the swelling for more comfortable functioning when you are on your feet. Naproxen is one such drug that helps in bringing down the inflammation. Also, corticosteroid injections can relieve severe pain.
- Surgery: Heel spur removal or Plantar fascia release are some of the surgical options for chronic and severe cases.
Taking care of your feet is a matter of ensuring that you look into the slightest discomfort and report the same to a doctor.
Otoplasty is a surgical procedure where modifications are made in the shape and size of the ear. This procedure can only be carried put after the ears are fully developed, that is after the age of 5. This surgery can be used to improve the functionality as well as the appearance of the ear.
The reasons why people opt for otoplasty are-
- If the ears are relatively large in comparison to the face
- When the ear sticks out excessively from the head
- Problems caused by any previous surgery
Incisions are either made through the back of the ear or through the inner creases of the ear. Once the incision is made, then the excess skin or cartilage is eliminated. After completion of the surgery, the incisions are closed by stitches. The entire process generally lasts for up to two hours.
After the stitching is done, the ears are covered with bandages. Once the bandages are removed from the ear, a loose headband is worn to provide support to the ears while sleeping.
Risks associated with the surgery
There are certain risks associated with this surgery, like:
- Formation of the scars due to the surgery
- An asymmetric appearance of the ears as the healing process may affect it
- Decreased skin sensitivity in the adjoining area
- The stitches in the ear can cause inflammation in the skin. It may also lead to an abnormal shape where the ears have a pulled back appearance
- Like other surgeries, bleeding and infection may occur
Post procedural care
The following precautions should be taken after completion of otoplasty:
- The headband should be used constantly after the surgery for about two months
- Direct exposure to the sun should be avoided
- If rash forms after the bandages are removed then consult a medical professional
Winter brings with it the most common skin problem of chapped lips. While you may think that chapsticks are the solution to your dry lip problems, chances are that they may be making your lips drier than what it was before you used it.
Why do chapsticks make your lips drier?
- The answer lies in the ingredients used. Chapsticks are composed of ingredients such as hyaluronic acid and glycerine, which make the lips drier. These suck the moisture out of your skin, especially during dry climate, which causes your lips to be even drier after using a chapstick.
- For chapsticks to be effective, the ingredients used need to be offset by other ingredients, which can help in moisturising your lips. Chapsticks containing ingredients like beeswax, shea butter and various other essential oils help in creating a physical barrier, which prevents in the loss of moisture from your lips.
So what can you do to cure chapped lips?
Use chapsticks that contain natural ingredients such as shea butter, beeswax and essential oils along with hyaluronic acid and glycerine. Alternatively, drinking plenty of water in winters can prevent your lips from drying out.
4 myths on IVF you should stop believing right now
In-vitro fertilisation (IVF) is one of the popular Assisted Reproductive Technologies (ART) for treating infertility and helping couples to conceive. The process involves the fertilisation of the egg with the sperm in a laboratory and thereafter, inserting the embryo formed, into the uterus. But lack of understanding about the topic has given rise to a number of myths such as:
Myth 1: IVF increases your fertility levels
Instead of making you more fertile, IVF stops your natural fertility cycle. This is usually done through hormones that are taken at the beginning of the process. The aim of such an action is to essentially put an end to your natural fertility process and create in its place an artificial cycle.
Myth 2: IVF hormone injections make you prone to uncontrollable emotions
In actuality, IVF hormone injections don’t cause you to suffer from out of control emotions but make you happier. This is because they come packed with the female hormone oestrogen, which produce endorphins (brain chemicals) that give you a sense of wellbeing. The wave of emotions that you end up experiencing is a result of the stress and anxiety surrounding the success of a cycle.
Myth 3: IVF never fails but is always successful
The success of the procedure depends on a number of factors such as quality and quantity of embryos and age. It is said that chances of conception decreases with age, with women above 40 reporting reduced fertility potential as well as success rate. On the other hand, women below the age of 35 have about 41% chance of getting pregnant.
Myth 4: It causes you to have triplets or twins
No, it’s not necessary for multiple births to take place if you opt for IVF. You can reduce the prospect of having twins or triplets by cutting down on the number of embryos that get inserted into the uterus.
Vitamin D and pregnancy hand in hand go together. Expecting mothers need ensure they get the recommended amounts of Vitamin D during pregnancy for the healthy development of the baby as well as their own well-being.
Vitamin D is a fat-soluble vitamin obtained mostly from consuming fortified milk or juice, fish oils, and dietary supplements. It also is produced in the skin by exposure to sunlight. Vitamin D which is ingested or produced in the skin must undergo hydroxylation in the liver and kidney to promote absorption of calcium from the gut to enable normal bone mineralization and growth. Severe maternal Vitamin D deficiency has been associated with congenital rickets and disordered skeletal homeostasis coupled with fractures in the new-born during pregnancy. Vitamin D is necessary for the metabolism and absorption of phosphorus and calcium. Many studies are finding a connection between low serum vitamin D levels and an increased risk of certain types of autoimmune disease, cancers, insulin resistance, neurological disease and cardiovascular disease.
Latest studies have shown that Vitamin D deficiency is common during pregnancy especially among women residing in northern latitudes, living in cold climates or wear sun and winter protective clothing and ethnic minorities, especially those with darker skin. As the Vitamin D level of new-born is largely dependent on maternal Vitamin D status, the infants of mothers with vitamin D deficiency are also at risk of Vitamin D deficiency. Inadequate vitamin D can lead to abnormal bone growth, fractures, or rickets in new-borns. Deficiency of vitamin D leads to a higher risk of pregnancy complications like gestational diabetes, premature birth and low birth weight.
The symptoms of a vitamin D deficiency include aching muscles, bone pain, and softened bones leading to fractures. Fish liver oil, fatty fish, and eggs are excellent food source for Vitamin D. It is difficult to get sufficient vitamin D from food, which makes it necessary to have Vitamin D supplements. Since the skin uses the sun's rays to produce vitamin D, limited sun exposure is recommended. Exposure to the sun's ultraviolet rays intensifies the pigment changes causing skin darkening in pregnant women. Thus, most doctors endorse that pregnant women protect themselves from the sun and get their vitamin D from supplements. The average prenatal vitamin contains 400 IU of vitamin D, which makes it imperative that additional supplements should be taken. The significant compounds for human development are D2 and D3. The best way to really ensure adequate vitamin D is through simple supplementation. Ergocalciferol is the vegetarian form of vitamin D whereas cholecalciferol is the animal-sourced form, derived from fish liver oil or lanolin from sheep.
Ringworm is a skin condition that is caused by certain kinds of fungi. It causes severe itching and is mainly found around the scalp and feet. This contagious skin condition can also occur as athlete's foot. The symptoms include red, itchy and scaly patches on the affected areas. These patches may also develop blisters and develop crusted red edges, giving it the appearance of a ring. These patches are usually raised or defined. There are many myths and facts surrounding ringworm. Let us find out more about them.
- Causes: It is a common myth that this skin condition is caused by a worm. This is not true. This fungal skin infection is caused by fungi known as dermatophytes, which can cause a crusty and red patch on the skin. Ringworm is actually the name given to a class of skin ailments and infections caused on the scalp, feet and other parts of the body.
- Treatment: Another common myth is that this skin infection will clear up on its own. This is not true either. One will have to start treatment of the condition with the help of proper diagnosis, which can be done by a skin specialist or dermatologist. Not treating this condition on time with topical ointments can lead to a spread of the condition where it can affect other parts of the body. This condition can also lead to other symptoms like hair loss. It can also become a permanent issue if not treated on time and with proper medical intervention.
- Over the Counter Medication: Many people think that using over the counter antifungal creams can help in treating this condition effectively. This is part myth and part fact. One will have to visit the doctor in case the condition does not clear up on time with the use of such topical ointments. The creams should typically be prescribed by a skin specialist after due diagnosis of the problem so that it suits your individual symptoms and condition. Further, these creams should usually be prescribed for a period of at least four to six weeks so that the treatment is effective.
- Contagious: It is a myth that ringworm is not a contagious skin disease. The fact is that this skin ailment is a highly contagious one, that can happen even when there is contact with an infected animal. There are 50% chances of contracting this condition with mere touch that can happen with an infected animal or person.
- Barber's Itch: This is not a form of lice, as many people believe. This is a form of ringworm that can be found in the beard with symptoms like itching as well as swelling.
If you wish to discuss about any specific skin problem, you can consult a specilized dermatologist and ask a free question.
I want to get pregnant fast, my Dr. suggest to take ovabless and allylestrenol tablet maintane. This tablet is useful for pregnancy or not?
Hair fall from five years. I masturbate weekly thrice. But my friends told that masturbating results in hair loss.
Hi I have one problem I am 28 year old boy unmarried now I am suffering from pre ejaculate problem wit in 30 second it will discharge so is their any treatment for this problem is this curable ?what type of food can I take please answer me.
Cold sores alternatively known as fever blisters is a viral infection which usually occurs around the mouth.They occur in patches and heal within 2 to 4 weeks usually without leaving behind any scars. Cold sores are contagious and can be spread from person to person via close contact. Read on more to find all about them.
Usually cold sores passes through multiple stages.
- Tingling and itching: People usually experience a tingling, burning sensation around the lips prior to blisters which may appear within a day or two after such a sensation.
- Blisters: These blisters are small, filled with fluids and usually break out along the border of the skin and the lips. They can also occur around the nose or cheeks.
- Oozing and crusting: The blisters have a tendency to burst which leaves shallow open sores which then usually crust over.
Strands of the herpes simplex virus (HSV-1) typically cause cold sores. In some instances HSV-2 can also cause cold sores. Cold sores are most contagious when they are in the form of oozing blisters. It can spread by sharing the same utensils, kissing, sharing towels and razors and also oral sex. Cold sores can be triggered due to several factors such as stress, fatigue, fever, hormonal changes and changes in the immune system.
About 90% of adults worldwide test positive for this virus. People who have a weakened immune system are more prone to be infected by the virus. For example people suffering from eczema, AIDSand severe burns have a higher chance of contracting cold sores.
In certain cases cold sores affect other parts of the body. Fingertips, hands, and some other parts of the body are affected by both HSV-1 and HSV-2 in some instances. It can also cause eye infections which can lead to blindness or may even spread to the spinal cord and the brain in people who have a very weak immune system.
Cold sores have no treatment and they usually clear up without any medication within 2 to 4 weeks. However certain antiviral medications are present which speed up the healing process. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
Nightfall or night discharge is a condition when some men ejaculate in sleep usually in the early hours of the morning or late night. This problem usually worsens due to the weakness in muscles and nerves of the penis due to past bad history of excessive masturbation, thinning of semen viscosity, fluctuation in hormones and a full bladder. Usually, men are able to hold the semen but when it excess then it is eliminated in the form of nightfall. or late night. This problem usually worsens due to the weakness in muscles and nerves of due to past bad history of excessive masturbation, thinning of semen viscosity, fluctuation in hormones and a full bladder. men are able to hold the semen but when it excess then it is eliminated in the form of nightfall.
In the case of excessive semen flow and nightfall, a person might experience insomnia, dizziness, weakness, loss of memory and sight, pain in knees, weaker sexual incapacity, infertility, erectile, dysfunction and not to forget stress. In rare cases, a person might pass urine along with semen. of excessive semen flow and nightfall, a person might experience insomnia, dizziness, weakness, loss of memory and sight, pain in knees, weaker sexual incapacity, infertility, erectile, dysfunction and not to forget stress. In a rare case, a person might pass urine along with semen.
Treatment for nightfall:
It is believed that the best way to stop nightfall is by changing the lifestyle and treating with guidance of doctor. This includes reducing the frequency of masturbation and avoiding porn and nude pictures. However, there are some ways to cure nightfall naturally by doing the following:
- Meditation increases concentration and inner feelings can be controlled. This helps distract men from indulging in unwanted activities and is very effective in controlling nightfall.
- Exercise and yoga allow a person to have full control of their mind, body and soul. By doing regular yoga and exercises sex-related activities which induce nightfall can be avoided.
- Bathing with essential oils before going to bed is helpful as it relaxes the body and mind and allows a good sleep.
- Change in diet can prevent nightfall. Men who suffer from this problem should avoid acidic food.
And if the nightfall persists you need to consult a sexologist and with proper treatment of the underlying cause you can cure your problem completely with your lost physical and sexual strength.
Curing nightfall is easy and should be recognized so that it does not hamper the sex life of a man.
Following home remedies can also be taken to control or prevent the situation:
- Bottle gourd has a cooling effect thereby cools the system which is responsible for nightfall. It can be used in two ways, either by drinking bottle gourd juice before bedtime or by mixing the juice with sesame oil and massaging it.
- Gooseberry or amla helps in increasing the immunity of the body. It is believed that drinking a glass of gooseberry juice can help get rid of nightfall.
- Onions and garlic are known to cure many health related conditions. 3-4 cloves of raw garlic and onions in the form of salads should be had to cure nightfall.
- Milk, when combined with pre-soaked almonds, banana, and ginger, helps to eliminate this problem. Banana has a cooling property which helps to control the problem. Also, eating curd is beneficial as it has healing properties which cool the system and increase immunity.
- Juice of celery and fenugreek are very helpful in nightfall as well as premature ejaculation. These juices can be mixed with honey in a ratio of 2:1. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
The most important part of skincare is keeping your skin cleansed and fresh. But before that, it is imperative to find the right product for the same. Skin type varies from person to person, and hence finding skincare goods most suited to your skin makes all the difference.
Bathing habits directly affect the quality of your skin, which involves picking the appropriate cleanse; i. E. Choosing between a body soap and body wash. Each has a different set of characteristics and comes with its own set of advantages and disadvantages. Let's find out which one is better for your skin.
Why you should choose bathing soap bar:
- it is more effective in removing dirt through deep cleansing
- it is suited to skin that is excessively oily in nature as it contains ingredients that are highly effective in stripping off excess oil from the skin
Why you should not choose bathing soap bar:
- it tends to strip the skin of its natural oils and moisture, making it dry and flaky
- it is unhygienic in case of sharing between individuals as soaps tend to accumulate the dirt from your skin due to direct body contact
Reasons to pick a body wash:
- it has a very mild and gentle effect on the skin in comparison to soaps
- it keeps the skin moisturized by preserving natural oils
- it is more hygienic than bar soaps in case of interpersonal sharing
- it is the most suitable option for dry skin
Reasons to ditch a body wash:
- it contains a large amount of artificial additives and preservatives that can do more harm to your skin than good, giving rise to allergic reactions in some cases
So, who's the winner of the two?
You must certainly base the choice on what's best for your skin type. Body soap is more compatible with oily skin while dry skin is better suited for body wash. A body wash, however, is much more gentle on your skin. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.