Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Lalitha.KYour feedback matters!
I am 21 years old (unmarried ) I'M SO WORRIED ABOUT MY PROBLEM. please HELP ME Here comes to my problem: I have an unprotected sex with boyfriend 2 times 1st on 17-18 March and 2nd on 24 April (i'll doesn't take any protection or contraceptive pills like i pill or unwanted 72 etc). My periods are always regular and come on a time at the gap of 25-26 days and i'll bleed 5-6 on periods. But after unprotected sex with my bf i'm getting my periods properly. Periods details: 19th March: On 19 march i got my proper periods. 10th April- On 10 april i got my periods 2 days before than my expected days. And this time first 2 days it was a spotting after 2 days its changes into a very heavy bleeding for 4-5 days. 9th May- On 9 may this is first time that I will get my periods 5 days late than my expected date. And it was just spotting for 2-3 days very much different from my expected periods. 3rd june: on 2nd june i got my periods on expected date. But again it was just a spotting for 2-3 days no proper bleeding. After 3rd June. I didn't get my periods yet its too late for waiting my proper periods. I'm very much scared of being getting pregnant because this is first time that I have my periods like this. After an unprotected sex , i took an urine pregnancy test with preganews 4 times: 1st test on 1st May 2nd test on 8th May 3rd test on 31st May 4th test on 2nd July [Its All NEGATIVE] After 3 negative urine test i'll go for B-HCG Test on 8th June.in this test my hcg level is [1.20] presume to be a NEGATIVE again. Inspite of all this from past 1 months i'm not feeling well. I'm suffering from headache, constipation, breast tenderness soreness, nipples tingles, stomach cramps sometimes and heart pain (heart pain especially in morning time when i'll wake up) and sometimes having a burning sensation too. Please give me a valuable suggestion regarding my problem because i'm very much scared by all this cause i'm unmarried I can't take any pregnancy risk. please tell me after all this tests still is there any chance of pregnancy? Is i'm pregnant or not. If NO i'm not pregnant then why i'm having all this problem and if YES i'm pregnant then why i'm having negative result and how to rule out from this situation.
Hello Doctor, I am 22 years old. I had my periods on 11th aug and completed on 13th aug after that on 17th aug I had unprotected sex with my bf for the first time he is not sure that whether sperms had entered in me or not so before 24 hours I had taken unwanted 72 (ECP) and immediately next day morning I had a very slight bleeding around 4-5 drops but also increased the frequency of urine now I am worried what are this symptoms for. Am I safe from pregnancy? If not then pls tell me what precautions should I take to avoid pregnancy. Please help me know by answering my query.
One of the silent diseases in the female population, endometriosis can be symptomless for years and sometimes even decades, but can sometimes manifest itself quickly. The uterus is lined on the inner side by a tissue known as endometrium. When this tissue is found in other parts (fallopian tubes, abdomen, near the ovaries, etc., it is known as endometriosis.
Causes: The exact cause for endometriosis is not clear. There is a possibility that during the regular period, there could be spilling of the tissue back into the fallopian tube, from where it reaches the ovaries or other organs and gets implanted.
There are certain predisposing factors for a woman to develop this condition, including genetic correlation and non-menopausal women. The female hormone estrogen is essential for the development of endometriosis. There are also immunological reasons attributed to the development. It can range from minimal to mild to moderate to severe.
Symptoms: From being completely benign to causing severe pain, endometriosis can present itself in varying ways. The implanted tissue can be minimal like a small lump to large clumps. The symptoms are not dependent on the size of the implanted tissue, however,
- Painful menstruation: One of the most common causes of non-menstrual cramps, the pain is different from usual menstrual pain, starts a few days before the period and can last up to after the period.
- Pelvic pain: One of the most common causes of pelvic pain, this can happen wherever the implanted tissue is. In severe cases, this tissue can also bind different organs, forming what are called adhesions. The bladder or the bowels may adhere to the uterus. These are more painful than individual lumps of tissue outside the uterus.
- Intermenstrual bleeding: There could be spotting to severe bleeding between the regular cycles.
- Painful sex: There is a deep pain within the pelvis and it can lead to losing interest in sex.
- Infertility: The most severe symptom and complication is not being able to become pregnant.
Diagnosis: A detailed patient history, discussion on symptoms followed by ultrasound and laparoscopy can help in diagnosing endometriosis.
Treatment: If there is no symptom and fertility is not an issue, then it is possible that no treatment is required. However, depending on symptoms and complications, the following are done.
- If pain is the only main problem, painkillers are administered
- Surgical treatment may be required if there is severe bleeding and adhesions complicating the situation.
This will also relieve other symptoms:
- Hormone therapy is also an option for treating endometriosis.
- If you are having pelvic pain and irregular bleeding, bring it up with your doctor. Even if it is not endometriosis, a thorough check up will put your mind at rest.
Hello doctors i'm a 8th month pregnant now. Last time when I met my doctor she suggested me to do exercises at home. I started doing n one of my family members told me not to do now as the baby is delicate in 8th month. I'm in a confusion now. 2) can I go out for shopping now? as I need to buy baby related things. Pls help me from this confusion:(
Hi, after my marriage since 1 years and 8 months my wife still not got pregnant. Can you suggest me what I do for my wife pregnancy?
Hello I am having burning and pain in lower back and spotting since last few days it is in between periods. Please help me.
Mam, when I was about 7 years old I got heavy stomach pain when I consulted doctors they said its because of appendicitis and immediate operation to be done. But after the operation they said to my parents that there was no appendicitis but one of mine ovary has been removed because it was infected. Some infection and that was swollen. Till the age of 21 i use to get regular monthly periods for about 5 days. But i am now about 25 and from past 3 years got pcod problem and after taking tablets only I get my periods. Doctor informed me to reduce my weight. My height is 5" 4. My question is this pcod problem occured because of removing one of ovary among two ovaries? r because my weight. I am about 71kgs. 5" 4 height. Age is 24 years old. please reply to my question n do me needful.
I heard about artificial insemination recommended for couple who can not have intercourse because of pain felt by female partner. So I just wanna ask about the success rate, expenditure n money involved in this procedure.
Dr. when I do sex some part of the sperm is coming out of vagina. Is it normal or having any problem. In this stage can I expect pregnancy for my wife.
I am 7 week pregnant but still I have vaginal bleeding but not too much please tell me what precautions should be taken.
I am married. I have 2 years old child. I have thyroid and thin wall right ovarian cyst measuring 80*60 MM. Do I need to do operation for cyst or it is curable my medicine. Please help me.
* आपका लगातार वजन बढ़ रहा है तो सावधान हो जाइए।
* आप भी इस समस्या से जूझ रहे हैं तो हम आपको बताने जा रहे हैं कुछ ऐसे छोटे-छोटे नुस्खे, जिन्हें अपनाकर आप बिना ज्यादा मेहनत किए वजन को नियंत्रित कर सकते हैं:--
* पुदीने की ताजी हरी पत्तियों की चटनी बनाकर चपाती के साथ खाएं। पुदीने वाली चाय पीने से भी वजन नियंत्रण में रहता है।
* आधा चम्मच सौंफ को एक कप खौलते पानी में डाल दें। 10 मिनट तक इसे ढककर रखें। ठंडा होने पर इस पानी को पिएं। ऐसा तीन माह तक लगातार करने से वजन कम होने लगता है।
* पपीता नियमित रूप से खाएं। यह हर सीजन में मिल जाता है। लंबे समय तक पपीता के सेवन से कमर की अतिरिक्त चर्बी कम होती है।
* दही खाने से शरीर की फालतू चर्बी घट जाती है। छाछ का भी सेवन दिन में दो-तीन बार करें।
* छोटी पीपल का बारीक चूर्ण पीसकर उसे कपड़े से छान लें। यह चूर्ण तीन ग्राम रोजाना सुबह के समय छाछ के साथ लेने से बाहर निकला हुआ पेट अंदर हो जाता है।
* ज्यादा कार्बोहाइड्रेट वाली वस्तुओं से परहेज करें। शक्कर, आलू और चावल में अधिक कार्बोहाइड्रेट होता है। ये चर्बी बढ़ाते हैं।
* केवल गेहूं के आटे की रोटी की बजाय गेहूं, सोयाबीन और चने के मिश्रित आटे की रोटी ज्यादा फायदेमंद है।
* सब्जियों और फलों में कैलोरी कम होती है, इसलिए इनका सेवन अधिक मात्रा में करें। केला और चीकू न खाएं। इनसे मोटापा बढ़ता है।
* मोटापा कम नहीं हो रहा हो तो खाने में कटी हुई हरी मिर्च या काली मिर्च को शामिल करके बढ़ते वजन पर काबू पाया जा सकता है। एक रिसर्च में पाया गया कि वजन कम करने का सबसे बेहतरीन तरीका मिर्च खाना है। मिर्च में पाए जाने वाले तत्व कैप्साइसिन से भूख कम होती है। इससे ऊर्जा की खपत भी बढ़ जाती है, जिससे वजन कंट्रोल में रहता है।
* खाने के साथ टमाटर और प्याज का सलाद काली मिर्च व नमक डालकर खाएं। इनसे शरीर को विटामिन सी, विटामिन ए, विटामिन के, आयरन, पोटैशियम, लाइकोपीन और ल्यूटिन मिलेेगा। इन्हें खाने के बाद खाने से पेट जल्दी भर जाएगा और वजन नियंत्रित हो जाएगा।
* रोज सुबह-सुबह एक गिलास ठंडे पानी में दो चम्मच शहद मिलाकर पिएं। इस घोल को पीने से शरीर से वसा की मात्रा कम होती है।
* गुग्गुल गोंद को दिन मे दो बार पानी में घोलकर या हल्का गुनगुना कर सेवन करने से #वजन कम करने में मदद मिलती है।
* हरड़ और बहेड़ा का चूर्ण बना लें। एक चम्मच चूर्ण 50 ग्राम परवल के जूस (1 गिलास) के साथ मिलाकर रोज लें, वजन तेजी से कम होने लगेगा।
* करेले की सब्जी खाने से भी वजन कम करने में मदद मिलती है। सहजन के नियमित सेवन से भी वजन नियंत्रित रहता है।
* सौंठ, दालचीनी की छाल और काली मिर्च (3 -3 ग्राम) पीसकर चूर्ण बना लें। सुबह खाली पेट और रात सोने से पहले पानी से इस चूर्ण को लें, #मोटापा कम होने लगेगा।
Low or reduced libido has been a point of concern for many years and if left neglected it can negatively impact your love life. Read on to know how you can boost your libido with these ornamental tips.
- Have a positive mental attitude and keep your stress level low: If you feel good and self confident you may feel more sexual and attractive to your partner.
- Consider, but do not overly rely on supplements that claim to increase your libido. Take a bite out of a forbidden fruit: Figs, bananas and avocados, for example, are considered libido-boosting foods, known as aphrodisiacs. And they are provide certain vitamins smooths the blood flow..
- Be a poser: Yoga does more than just get you limber, it may boost your libido, too. Yoga may also improve your orgasms by increasing blood flow down there.
- Indulge in all things chocolate: Throughout history, chocolate has been a symbol of desire. Not just because of its delicious taste, but because of its power to improve sexual pleasure.
- Find out which scenarios spark magic for you and your partner: You do not need to recreate every detail from those scenes. With a little imagination, improvisational role-playing, you can incorporate one or two key elements from the scene, such as a costume or a prop - and create a scenario that is likely to liven the mood.
- Take your daily herbs: Ginkgo biloba, an extract derived from the leaf of the Chinese ginkgo tree, is another herb found to treat antidepressant-induced sexual dysfunction.
- Seek the help of a sex therapist, if necessary: If you are experiencing sexual problems that prevent you from desiring, initiating, or enjoying sex, consider whether these issues may be psychological in origin.
- Be patient: If you have a partner who is being treated for lost interest in and enjoyment in sex, or for issues relating to sexual performance, be patient and realize that treatment can take several months or more to be effective.
- Take a whiff: Whiffing can also work for you. But the scent of your man postworkout might do just that. Sniffing his sweat can increase your level of the stress hormone cortisol, which may boost arousal. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
With changing life scenarios, parents do not have time to spend with their children. The grandparents often fill this gap now. They still have the time and patience to listen to what happened on a daily basis, and are not caught in the whirlwind of having a task list that never ends with the day.
In a way, grand children are very closely bound to their grandparents and are expected to take care of them, when required. In fact, stats show that about 80% of primary caregivers for people over age of 60 are grandchildren. Their average age is about 27(either gender). There are specific advantages of this care giving relationship for both the grandparent and the grandchild.
- There is no hurry: Most of us want a pair of ears to listen to what we have to say. Whether it is the exciting college trip you had or the office dinner you just returned from, we all want to share it. So, in this era where parents are not as available as they were earlier, grandparents fill the gap. They are not just eagerly waiting for you to return, but they seem to have the time to hear you out and feel happy (or sad) about it. This leaves one with a great feeling.
- Been there, done that: Though they have had a different lifestyle, they have “been there, done that,” perhaps in different ways. The definition of fun might have changed, but fun was always there. If you have the time, hear out their version of fun. You would be left thinking that you are not anywhere close to the fun they had.
- Life is the best teacher: The experiences they share will probably be some of life’s best lessons, which cannot be gathered by reading any number of books or TED talks.
- Safety: While there definitely are care giving or assisted living homes, having them at home and taking care of them provides the additional safety net. There are family people around, and if required, readily available.
- A helping hand: Caring for grandparents does not always relate to doing things for them, it is a mutual thing, and they feel equally good and happy that they are able to contribute in some small way in your daily life. You can always offer to help, but very often, their energy levels are quite high, unless they are ill, and they are so happy doing something for you.
- Strengthens the bond: Needless to say, spending time with a person makes the relationship strong and lasting. Grandparents assume a very special place, and caring for them leaves one with a very good and satisfied feeling. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.