Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Andal Ramalingam
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Andal RamalingamYour feedback matters!
Hello, my question regarding blood group, what level of complications are occurred in pregnancy if the blood group of female is negative and partner is positive.
I am 23 year old female, avg built ,bmi 19, have problem of underdeveloped breasts. Plzz help. Menstruation is regular of 4 days with 30 days cycle.
I am going through a very bad phase in this days as I hv lost my baby on 26/11. My doctor said that the baby died because of meconium and I hv a c-section delivery. I am lost totally whn I heard it. Now I just want to confirm that when can I able to planning a 2nd baby as I can overcome from this situation only whn I get an another baby.
- Presentation of attention, food or toys, not contingent on pica being attempted
- Differential reinforcement, with positive reinforcement if pica is not attempted and consequences if pica is attempted
- Discrimination training between edible and inedible items, with negative consequences if pica is attempted
- Visual screening, with eyes covered for a short time after pica is attempted
- Aversive presentation, contingent on pica being attempted:
- oral taste (e.g., lemon)
- smell sensation (e.g., ammonia)
- physical sensation (e.g., water mist in face)
- Physical restraint:
- self-protection devices that prohibit placement of objects in the mouth
- brief restraint contingent on pica being attempted
- Time-out contingent on pica being attempted
- Overcorrection, with attempted pica resulting in required washing of self, disposal of nonedible objects and chore-based punishment
- Negative practice (non-edible object held against patient's mouth without allowing ingestion)
Hi my wife is pregnant and we have a baby girl already now she want to have baby boy. So is there any way to find out the gender of fetus. Please help me the ways to do that.
I have bicornuate uterus. Is there any chance of normal pregnancy. please answer. I had two abortion in past first ectopic pregnancy and second one was normal but no cardiac activity was seen.
I'm 43 years old for the past 10 months I am suffering from sometimes breast pain and sometimes nipples pain. When my both nipples pain stops then my breast pain will start. In nov 17 I had done sonomemoraphy and the report was few tiny cysts in right breast parenchyma and minimal duct ectasia in left retroareolar region of breast. Now recently again I had both breast and nipple pain my gynecologist examined and told that both my breast are soft and no lumps she suggested tab Premence plus daily 1 for 1 month. Tab Evion 400 mg daily one for 1 month and tab Vivrose E (evening primrose oil with vitamin E soft gels daily one. IS it is safe to take all 3 tablets 03 months back I had jaundice now it is cured by taking this tab will I suffer from liver problem in future and by taking this tab will my breast pain will go. Please suggest and give correct suggestions.
In Vitro Fertilization is the most common and effective way to help women to conceive. This method is a blessing for those couples who are not able to have children because of some medical issues. IVF has opened the doors of hope of such couples. IVF method is an artificial method of fertilizing egg outside the body in the laboratory and then implanting it in the uterus. This method is best when the other treatments have failed. The success rate of IVF is high and the chances of multiple birth is more. This method of conceiving is getting popular in many countries among childless couples. Studies have shown that one percent of the babies in United States are born through IVF. IVF is safe and economical. This method keeps on of the parent biologically connected to the child.
- Curbing the natural menstrual cycle: The women before undergoing this process is given injection for two to three weeks to supress her natural menstrual cycle.
- Super ovulation: To increase the production of eggs, fertility drugs containing the fertility hormone follicle stimulating hormone- FSH are given to the woman. This makes the ovaries to produce more eggs than usual. Regular ultrasound is done to examine the process of ovaries.
- Retrieving the eggs: The produced eggs are then collected through a minor surgical procedure known as follicular aspiration. In this surgery, a very thin needle is inserted into the ovary through vagina which is connected to a suction device. This device sucks the eggs out. This process is repeated for each ovary. Doctors try to collect 15 eggs in one cycle which can give high chances of successful pregnancy. These eggs can be frozen or donated too.
- Insemination and fertilization: The collected eggs are then placed with sperms in a controlled environment chamber. Sperms enter the egg naturally and sometimes it is directly injected, called intracytoplasmic sperm injection. After this the fertilized egg is divided and becomes an embryo. After this doctors recommend to diagnose the embryo in order to check if it is healthy and not diagnosed with some genetic disease. This decision is totally on the parents though. The selected embryo is then transferred. Women is given progesterone, this help the lining of the womb to receive the embryo.
- Embryo Transfer: Generally, more than one embryo is placed in the womb. This is done on the mutual discussion of the doctors and the parents. The embryo is transfer with a thin tube or catheter. It enters the womb through vagina. Once the embryo is attached to the lining of the womb, the embryo starts growing and the rest development is parent’s responsibility by taking good care of the mother.
Artificial implantation techniques may differ clinic to clinic but the ultimate goal is to bring a baby in this world. IVF has become the best way for conception for the ladies who are not able to conceive and the birth success rate has made it more popular.