Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Andal RamalingamYour feedback matters!
My penis is too big and hard about 8 inch my wife vagina is small he can not put it in it Suggest how to increase or dilate the vagina.
I am 57 years old happily married having two kids I am having pain sometimes in my testicles more often during night time when I am having laziness to urinate I have erectile dysfunction since last one year and I do not feel morning erection also Kindly guide
I am 23 year old girl and have been diagnosed with hyper thyroid. My blood test says that the t3 is 800, t4 is 30, and tsh is 0.07 in my body. Where in I also opted for a sonography to get clear idea of the glands. Which was done with l 12-5 mhz. Transducer and it says that both the lobes of thyroid are enlarged in size and shows patchy decrease echo pattern with marked increased color flow. There is no focal solid or cystic mass seen, and no evidence of calcification. The right lobe measures 6.0 x 2.4 cms. The left lobe measures 5.5 x 1.9 cms. There are no symptoms of weight loss or gain until now, it is pretty much constant, my menstrual cycle is smooth too and the blood pressure seems to be fine too. I have been consuming abbott neo-mercezole 10 since past 1 month. Please advice will it be a life long treatment or will it be cured in few months. And will I face any issues with conceiving or so. What precautions do I need to follow. Kindly advice.
My wife is 24 years old, her last period was on 13 april. We had sex last month with protection (condom) and it not break while sex. This months period is not come yet. She do not want to pregnant now. Is there any chances to irregular periods or pregnancy? Please suggest what we need to do.
Hello doctor my gf is 21 years old nd due to failure of contraception she got pregnant how can I get her pregnancy terminated please kindly suggest. Can it be done at home safely she is 40 days pregnant. Its from day she got her last menstrual cycle. Is it legal to get it done here in India (Hyderabad)
MANGOS PROTECT AGAINST SEVERAL KINDS OF CANCER.
I have noticed that my periods duration has decreased from 4 days to 3 days. Have noticed it since last few months. I am unmarried and my age is 29.
My breast size is not increasing. I consulted doctor but he told it may and may not increase as my brain do not provide it. My periods are on tablet progynova and meprate. What shall I do to increase it now?
I had my period on 4th nov 2016. After that I noticed spotting from 12 th to 15th nov 2016 since then I did have my period till now. Period delayed by 10 days. Two negative pregnancy tests. Sometimes lower abdominal pain.
I am 30 year old boy. I got married in April 2015. My wife did not get pregnant yet. I am trying every week. In the first month her periods get delayed by 6 days and also pain was much higher than usual. Then next 3 months periods came normally. But this month Oct 2015 periods got delayed by 7 days. I thought it z done now but again not. Also I want to confess I had lot of masturbation before marriage. So I need a suggestion for this.
The lifestyle we lead plays an important role. Maintaining a healthy lifestyle is important to overcome many diseases as it helps in bringing the blood pressure to normal and in turn reduce the risks of diseases, such as diabetes and hypertension. Factors like smoking, diet, stress and sedentary lifestyle can lead to hypertension and diabetes. Hypertension is known as silent killer as it is symptomless.
There are various traditional medicines known to lower the blood pressure. Also, there are certain herbs that help in controlling blood pressure and preventing other diseases.
Some of these herbs are:
- Basil: This herb has a strong aroma and can be used in the preparation of many foods. It also helps in lowering the blood pressure, though for a brief time. Adding freshly chopped or torn basil to soups, salads, pastas and casseroles not only enhance the taste but are also beneficial for health.
- Cinnamon: This herb requires some effort to add in the diet, but is helpful in maintain the blood pressure. Diabetic people should have cinnamon everyday in some or the other way. Cinnamon can be included by sprinkling over cereals, oats, coffee, stews and curries.
- Cardamom: Cardamom if consumed daily can be helpful in bringing down blood pressure and in turn controlling hypertension and diabetes. Cardamom is very popular in South Asia, the seeds can be powdered and used in stews, soups or baking. It not only has an enhanced flavor but is also packed with numerous health benefits.
- Flaxseed: This is very rich in Omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3 fatty acids are believed to lower the blood pressure and also protect the body against atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease. They are known for reducing cholesterol levels, and improving glucose tolerance thus acting as antioxidant. Flaxseeds can be added in smoothies and soups or baked goods.
- Garlic: Garlic often synonymous with bad breath and pungent seasoning has immense health benefits. It dilates and relaxes the blood vessels allowing the blood to flow freely and in turn reduces the blood pressure.
- Ginger: Adding ginger to the diet helps to control the blood pressure. It relaxes the blood vessels and improves the circulation of the blood. Ginger can be used in sweets, savories and beverages and is very common in Asian food.
- Celery Seed: This is a diuretic and in China it is used to treat hypertension. This can be used to flavor stews, soups, savory dishes and casseroles. Both the seeds and the plant have various benefits and uses of their own.
- Hawthorn: This herb is used to treat high blood pressure in China. Decoctions of the herb have health benefits such as reduction of blood pressure, controlling hypertension and blood circulation.
Vagina is one of the most delicate organs of your body. While you tend to the hygiene of other body parts, caring for the vagina either doesn’t strike you or it is too taboo a thing to be discussed about. Vaginal rashes are prevalent among many women and in most cases, they are not aware of ways to approach the problem. Rashes can lead to extreme uneasiness and if neglected, could even cause complicate health disorders. Thus vaginal rashes should be treated with proper medical assistance and watchful sanitation.
Factors that can cause vaginal rashes:
- Warts in and around a person’s genital: Warts are infections that can have a painful and disturbing effect on your health. Genital warts are the result of sexually transmitted infections. The diverse kinds of human papillomavirus are known to trigger the formation of vaginal rashes.
- Infections caused due to the predominance of viruses: Vaginal rashes may exhibit themselves in the form of aching blisters. This symptom could be indicative of Genital Herpes that further needs medical expertise to be dealt with.
- Folliculitis could cause suffering: The base of a hair shaft is indeed a sensitive area. Any infection pertaining to hair shafts surfacing usually in the form of a red lump can worsen to cause rashes in your genitalia.
- A cyst in the Bartholin gland could be the reason: A Bartholin gland is one of the two glands positioned at the opening of a person’s vagina. A cyst might happen to develop in any one of these glands due to accumulation of fluids produced by the glands itself. Secondary symptoms of such a condition could be red, itchy rashes.
- Candida Fungal: Candida albicans is the most common type of fungus to cause yeast infections. Sometimes, other types of candida fungus are to blame. Common treatments usually cure a Candida albicans infection. Yeast infections caused by other types of candida fungus can be more difficult to treat, and need more aggressive therapies.
Symptoms that help a doctor identify the prevalence of rashes in your vagina:
- Redness of the skin in and around one’s vagina is a characteristic feature of an underlying problem.
- Your vagina could itch persistently preventing you from free movement. Constant itching can also hamper your otherwise smoothly functioning sex life.
- The skin around your vagina can become excessively dry and peel off as a result.
- Tenderness and soreness are common symptoms that make sitting or lying down troublesome.
- Vaginal rashes may or may not be accompanied by a stinging, throbbing pain.