Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Andal RamalingamYour feedback matters!
I'm suffering from hypothyroidism since 6yrs. I'm 24yrs old girl. I take thyronorm 100mcg daily bt still i'm gaining weight, having irregular periods & lots of pimples on my face. Right now I don't have exact level of tsh level. Please suggest me something to get rid of these problems asap.
A healthy appetite refers to a positive sign of a healthy wellbeing. Many factors can contribute to loss of appetite, such as emotional disturbances, mild illness or severe health problems.
Loss of appetite can cause depression, appendicitis, thyroid problems, infections, poor nutrition and some types of cancer.
The following are a few tips to maintain a healthy appetite-
It is the most important meal of the day. Consume a healthy balanced breakfast like sprouts, roti, idli, dosa, upma, egg, milk and fruits to help your metabolism get active after a long night fasting. Breakfast will give more energy so that you will be more active throughout the day. It should be full of vitamins, proteins and minerals.
Eat small frequent meals:
Eating small frequent meals rather than three meals a day is an excellent way to build a healthy appetite. It also helps in lessening bloating and sluggishness after eating. Try four to six small meals a day to avoid feeling overly full.
Use aromatic herbs and spices in cooking:
Foods that have very pleasant or fragrant smell might enhance your appetite. Try to add herbs and spices of nice aroma like cinnamon, basil, oregano, asafoetida, etc.
Drinking 4 to 5 liters of water daily is the best for body's temperature regulation and keeping it cool.
Snacks between meals:
Try a small bowl of your favorite snacks like nuts, roasted chickpeas, fruit salads, popcorn, etc. Just remember that snacks are not meant to be eaten instead of meals but in addition to them.
Pick your favorite food items:
Consume those foods, which give satisfaction and that you enjoy.
Eat less fibre food:
It is present in fruits, vegetables and whole grain food and it is an essential component of any healthy diet. It feels like fullness, so the best is to use in moderation.
Regular physical activity is one of the most important things you can do for your health. So, go for a daily brisk walk for approximately 45 minutes, exercises, yoga, meditation, cycling, swimming and always be relaxed.
STDs or sexually transmitted diseases refer to medical conditions that are contracted through engaging in sexual acts with a person who has an STD. These diseases spread though sexual activities that involve the penis, vagina, mouth or anus and occur commonly among those who are sexually active, especially with multiple partners.
STDs are usually severe conditions that require proper medical diagnosis and treatment. The kind of treatment method used depends on the nature of the condition.
The important thing to understand and know is that these STDs can be prevented.
3 ways of preventing STDS are:
- Practice safe sex: Use a latex condom every time you have sex and use a water-based lubricant. If your sex life involves intercourse, anal or vaginal, make up your mind to never have sex without a condom. If you or your partner is at a high risk of STDs, be consistent about barrier use during oral sex as well. Avoid sharing towels or underclothing to reduce the risk of an STD. Check the expiration date of the condom and make sure that it has an air bubble, which shows it has not been punctured. Dispose the condom properly and never reuse it.
- Don't drink alcohol or use drugs before sex: It's impossible to make responsible choices about your sex life under the influence of drugs or alcohol. When you are under the influence of any one of them, you are not in your mind and are likelier to choose a partner you wouldn't have picked otherwise. In that case, you may be at a higher risk of contracting an STD. Also, if you are on birth control pills and you vomit, the pills could lose some effectiveness.
- Precautions before sex: There are some things you can do to reduce your risk of contracting STDs before sex. This include limiting the number of sexual partners, talking honestly with partners about your sexual history, getting tested, along with your partner, before having sex, getting timely vaccination against HPV and HBV. If you have been diagnosed with an STD you should tell your partner about it and also explicitly ask your partner about the same.
Doctor I got intimated one week ago Just 1 day after my periods We did not used any protection Within 24 hours I consumed an ipill Now after one week Im bleeding but not like as I always bleed Thick lining is coming out Blood is not coming only some kind of thick lining is coming out Can you please help me I can become pregnant or not I do not know what to do.
I am suffering from breast pain for last few days. The pain is not stable some time its pain in one place some time another. I am taking tablet well woman for 5 days but can't relief. Pls suggest what can I do.?
I am not getting proper Periods and only one day the blood is flowing I am joining weight and loosing Hairs and my skin is getting worse day by day I have got pcod scanned it has been started how can I get rid of all these problems.
An excess amount of fat present in the human body can lead to a chronic condition called obesity. If the amount of fat, which is used to perform multiple functions in the human body, is found in excess (more than 25% in males and 30% in females), it leads to obesity. Besides being a cosmetic concern, obesity is a chronic disease that can lead to other serious ailments such as diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure, gallstones and other similar illnesses. It has a higher rate of relapse rate and is difficult to treat.
- Consumption of more calories than the person burns through various activities throughout the day is the primary cause. Overeating, especially in diets having a majority of fats, is a major cause of obesity.
- Obesity can be a result of certain medical conditions such as Cushing’s syndrome (a disorder that develops due to an increased exposure to immense amounts of “cortisol” over an extended period of time), Prader-Willi Syndrome (a birth disorder), hypothyroidism (underactive thyroid gland), polycystic ovary syndrome (enlarged ovaries characterized by tiny cysts on the outside) and other diseases.
- Hormonal disorders and genetics may also contribute to obesity. It is observed that the likelihood of being obese increases if the parents are obese. Hormones that facilitate fat regulation in the body are affected by genetics.
- Lifestyle choices such as inactive, sedentary lifestyle and consuming an excess amount of fast foods such as high calorie beverages.
- Psychological factors do have a role to play in people being obese. Many people overeat as a response to emotions such as stress, sadness, boredom or anger.
A person is generally considered to be obese if his/her BMI (Body Mass Index) is above 30.
1. A person whose BMI is in the range of 30 to 35 is classified under “Type I obese”.
2. A person in the BMI range of 35 to 39 falls under the category of “Type II obesity”.
3. If the BMI of a person is above 40, he/she is considered to be extremely obese.
BMI is usually a reliable method to find out if a person is obese, but in certain instances such as that of a professional bodybuilder, BMI could prove to be inaccurate. Without treatment, obesity can lead to serious health conditions such as:
3. Sleep Apnea
4. Heart Disease
6. Obesity Hypoventilation Syndrome (characterized by the inability to breathe long or deep enough)
Botox is a wrinkle treatment, but is used for treating a range of medical conditions. It has been in use for well over 18 years and is considered to be safe when performed under the guidance of a medical practitioner. Apart from aesthetics, a range of other facial, migraine and dermatological problems can be addressed by Botox.
Botox limits facial expression: The primary objective of a Botox treatment is to enhance the look of a person and not the contrary. When administered by a skilled physician, you can still smile and animate like before. Botox in no way affects the sensory nerve. The muscle beneath the point of injection gets relaxed and remains active. The apprehension of limited facial activity is baseless.
Botox travel through your body: This again is a myth. Botox diffuses not more than 1cm into the skin. Due to its localized nature, it does not affect any other parts of the body other than the intended area.
Botox has toxic content: Botox, like any other drug, is safe when taken under supervision. Like other drugs, it too gets scanned by the drug regulatory authorities. It is neither dangerous nor contains any toxic substance.
Dermal fillers involve intense pain: Dermal fillers are not as painful as advocated by many people out there. It does have its fair share of discomfort but a medical practitioner always uses a topical anesthetic and other anxiety related medications during the treatment.
Downtime for Botox is fairly long: Botox is known as the afternoon injection for its convenience and easy procedure. Botox procedure has no downtime at all. Doctors often suggest against lying down for a good 2-3 hours after the injection. Dermal fillers might result in minor swelling but there are medicines to counter that too.
Botox is permanent in nature: Botox effects lasts for 4-6months. For people who take Botox shots regularly, it tends to last longer.
Dermal fillers and Botox are the same: While people these days use them interchangeably, they are not the same. For instance, Botox lessens the effect of wrinkles by relaxing the facial muscle whereas dermal fillers add volume to the tissue and restores the muscle.
Botox is applied only when Facial lines are visible: This is not necessarily true. If the family of an individual has a history of facial lines, it makes sense to start Botox for facial line prevention. This delays the actual facial line appearance and requires fewer Botox shots going forward.
During the fifth month of your pregnancy, your breasts may begin to leak a yellowish fluid called colostrum in preparation for breastfeeding.
I had sex on 18th n 19 Dec, not used any condoms nor ipill. From last 3 4 days, my back is paining a lot n feeling cramps in my lower abdomen and also in vagina sometimes. Always feels sleepy n tired. Some times I eat a lot n sometimes not. Moods swings a lot. What it is exactly. Please help.
I am 34 years old trying to conceive since last 1 year PCOD problem. please tell any homeopathic medicine.
Am 33 aged -suffering problem of over weight-inspite of my planned diet-there is no result-i dont have thyroid but taking treatment for PCOS but under control as per latest reports-plz suggesting the way to over come my problem
During pregnancy, your body is subjected to several physiological changes including increased hair fall, continuous indigestion, headaches, development of varicose veins, skin pigmentations and so on. The growing baby bump hinders free movement as well. Quality time with your husband or partner is helpful but is not the best way to relax you. During pregnancy many partners stop having sex due to body issues. Intercourse is extremely important to comfort an expecting mother. Going by a few sex positions cited below, partners can enjoy pregnancy without a speck of stress.
1. Spooning- In spooning a woman lies on one of her sides while the male partner lies behind her on his left or right side. Both partners should lie on the same side or if not they will end up turning their backs at each other. Penetration happens from behind. This position enables shallow penetration which is good for the baby.
2. Do it like a clip- In this case two bodies should align like a clip. The man lies on his back while the woman is on the top facing him. Her knees are folded next to him and she is in the shape of an arch. Her hands serve as support as they are firmly placed on the bed behind her arching back. There is ample space for the bump.
3. Perch on him- It is healthier to avoid pressure on the abdominal region when pregnant. Make your man sit on a stable surface; say a stool or a chair. Sit on his lap with your back against his chest. This way the woman can regulate the depth of penetration by moving backward and forward. She is on her toes and her abdomen faces no weight.
4. Do it the Amazon way- The Amazon style of intercourse needs to be carried out on a chair or a stool. The male partner remains seated while the woman sits on his lap facing him with her legs across his sides. The baby bump is comfortably positioned between the partners and the lady takes charge by moving up and down.
5. Doggy style- The doggy style keeps the expecting mother away from exertion. She crouches on her hands and legs while the male partner enters her body from behind.
6. Living Room style- Let your rounded belly rest against the softness of the living room couch. Kneel on the couch to suit your feasibility while your partner penetrates you from behind. The pregnant woman balances her body by holding on to the couch with her hands. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
I am 2 and a half month pregnant. I have a previous miscarriage of 4 month. My doctor has advice me for stitching. Is it safe. I also have a subsaptate uterus. What is chances for healthy baby.
A kidney transplant is a surgical procedure that patients of kidney disease go through in order to replace a non functioning kidney with a live one that is healthy and functions well. Other methods to treat this disease also include dialysis, which basically is an artificial way of doing what our kidneys are designed to do. When dialysis does not work, many doctors recommend a kidney transplant. A replacement or donated kidney can come from a living donor or a non-living donor. This new kidney will mostly work towards keeping the blood clean, which is a function that stops when the old and diseased kidneys fail.
So, here's a list of five essential facts that you need to keep in mind if you are looking at a kidney transplant:
- Donors: While there are living and non-living donors, the doctor will have to ensure that your donor is someone who has no medical history of complications, kidney disease or any other medical condition like diabetes or hypertension. Also, the donor would have to have two proper functioning kidneys. Further, one of the most important factors is the blood group. The blood group of the donor and the patient must match for the transplant to be possible.
- Procedure: During the surgery, the patient will be under general anesthesia. The surgeon will make an incision in the lower abdomen area and the blood vessels of the new kidney will be connected surgically with the vein and iliac artery of the patient. Thereafter, any excess fluid will be drained before wrapping up the surgery.
- Rejection: The patient's body may also reject the kidney. The immune system of the patient may mistake the new kidney as an attacking body and its natural defenses may work against it, which will lead to complications. For this, doctors usually prescribe immunosuppressant medicines that will help in preventing such an eventuality.
- Longevity: While a living donor's kidney may last longer, a non-living donor's kidney will not enjoy such a long life. In such cases, a second transplant can be conducted.
- Diet: After the transplant, the patient will be required to go through a number of measures like coughing to show that the lungs are clear, as well as administration of fluids and some amount of examination and dialysis. Also, the patient will have to have a special diet that includes raw fruits and vegetables, and plenty of non-fat dairy ingredients.
A kidney transplant is a major operation that can change your lifestyle in the long run.