Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Balloon Sinuplasty Procedure
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Fractures And Other Injuries In Child
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Treatment of Knee replacement
Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation (Tens)
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Anand Hospital - ManaliYour feedback matters!
Do you like to eat processed foods, and gorge on them a lot to stay away from cooking? It is important for you to know that processed foods are bad for your health and it is best that you avoid consuming them. Although all food items we eat are mechanically processed in certain ways, chemical processing, which is the primary feature of processed food items, is hazardous for your health.
Here are the major reasons why you should not eat processed food items.
- Processed food contains high amounts of sugar and fructose corn syrup: It is a known fact that excessive consumption of sugar in any form is not good for your health. Processed food products are loaded with sugar in huge amounts and also contain high fructose corn syrup, which is equally harmful in excess. Sugar basically has empty calories, which contain no important nutrients. Sugar also has dreadful effects on your body metabolism and may lead to high triglycerides, increased cholesterol levels, insulin resistance, and excess accumulation of fat in your abdominal cavity and liver.
- Processed food is hyper rewarding in nature and over consumption gets likely: Processed food items, because of their high content of sweet and fat, become a sort of addiction for many people. The reward centers of your brain acknowledge them, and as a result, you develop a constant craving for such food stuff.
- Processed food contains harmful artificial ingredients: It is likely for you to not understand the names of ingredients, which processed foods are made of. This is because of the reason that maximum of these ingredients are not actually natural, but are artificial chemicals which get added for several purposes such as preservation, maintaining aroma and much more. These chemicals are associated with several harmful effects on your health. The common ingredients of highly processed foods include the following:
- Chemical preservatives for preventing processed food from rotting
- Chemical colourants, which induce attractive and unique colours to processed foods
- Chemical flavors for giving specific flavours
- Texturants for proving a particular, specific texture to processed foods
The hyper rewarding nature of processed food can lead to severe consequences in many people. It is possible for you to become addicted to processed foods, and lose total control over your consumption rate. This problem of addiction to processed fast foods is a major problem in today’s world. It is an important reason for obesity, which is a prominent health concern today all over the world.
Hello Doctor, My wife is pregnant and third month is already completed. Actually from last 15 days she is complaining about Vomiting. Whatever she ate it comes out and because of that she is feeling weakness and tired ness. I am bit worried is this normal or should I give any medicine to her which was prescribed by Gynecologist. Addition to the above point also would like to know is she can travel or not? As she is in Hyderabad and my job is in Bangalore. Thank you so much in advance.
My leg portion starting from knee portion to feet start paining during night and after wakeup time. Also after coming frm a walk when I sit for sometime it started paining when I started to walk again.
I am suffering from pain on my back .when I am sitting for a longtime I felt it. Bt nowadays. I feel it whatever I done. Whether I sit .walk. Laying on bed. How can I recover from this.
Sir, My question is that some time I feel shoulder pain (right hand) day or night. How can I solve this shoulder pain. Pl.suggest some Homeopathy medicines, Yours faithfully (Arun Kr. Dutta)
Why is my 18 year old girlfriend is having irregular periods? Please help us with a remedy doctor Thanks.
Hi. I am unable to conceive m trying since 8 months n I had a scan n doctor has said that you r suffering from polycystic ovary n gave ginette tablets for 2 months n said it wil b cured. N said after that you wil conceive faster. Is this advice correct.
Urinary incontinence is a common problem that afflicts many adults around the world. Stress related urinary incontinence is a fairly common problem that afflicts many as well. This form of incontinence is usually caused by physical activity, which exerts pressure on the bladder and may cause the leakage of small amounts of urine.
Triggers and Symptoms for stress urinary incontinence:
In terms of urinary problems, stress is used to describe physical problems in particular and not mental stress. So the triggers or risk factors of it could be any of the following:
- Sexual activity
This form of urinary incontinence is very common in women who are older or have already been through menopause. It may also be common for women who have recently given birth or are pregnant. The urethra or the bladder may become prone to external stress and then involuntarily leak out some urine.
The causes can be quite varied from patient to patient but are primarily attributed to the weakening of the pelvic muscles, bladder or the sphincter. If any of these muscles open involuntarily due to physical stress, it leads to urine leaking out. Some of the causes which may lead to this are:
- Pregnancy and childbirth: Pregnancy or childbirth related problems may cause damage to the urethra or sphincter during childbirth; leading to stress urinary incontinence.
- Surgery of the prostate: Another common problem, especially with men, is with surgical interventions to correct prostate problems.
- Menopause: Many older women often complain about stress incontinence after menopause due to the weakening of the muscles.
- Pelvic surgery: Any surgery to the pelvic area or illnesses which may cause the muscles to become relaxed or act involuntarily due to external stress, may cause incontinence.
- Weakening of the pelvic muscles: Certain illnesses may cause the pelvic muscles to become weak and thus cause the sphincter as well as the bladder to react involuntarily. UTIs or urinary tract infections have also been known to cause incontinence due to the same reason.
- Obesity: Obesity has been known to put stress on many of the bodily systems and it may affect the bladder and the urinary sphincters as well.
I am 13 weeks pregnant I have two fibroids one fungal 8.5 cm and other anterior wall 8.7 cm they r growing big week by week. I am worried about baby. How can I shrink my fibroids.
I have cramps during periods. I used to take 2-3 meftal spac a day. Is it harmful? Can you suggest any alternatives of meftal spac which are less harmful?
I am 23 yr old n my weight is 78 kg. Now a days I can not even walk for 100 mtrs only I feel pain in my legs n feels like my legs veins is stretched and could not even do jogging before one years I could walk easily please suggest.
My knees are paining very much .my age was 51. From last 1 month onwards it was stated paining severely .for me English medicine will not accept .plz help me.
Today my wife had normal delivery. And when I have to sex with my wife again? After getting delivery today. Please tell.
I have polycystic ovaries and I'll be getting married in June. Is there anything I should be worried about in terms of pregnancy and getting pregnant.
Severe pain during intercourse causes difficulty in a relationship in both partners. Sometimes a sustained occurrence of pain might be an indication of some serious medical dysfunction. As such, consult a doctor as soon as the pain arises. Contrary to popular beliefs, sexual pain can occur in both male and female.
In female, the reasons behind the painful sexual intercourse might be:
- Vaginismus, a condition when the vaginal muscles tighten up mainly due to anxiety or fear and cause significant pain with a tearing sensation.
- The pain can arise due to vaginal infection due to yeast or any form of sexually transmitted disease or pelvic inflammatory diseases.
- A severe injury in the vagina during childbirth or any other accident and psychological stress can also cause severe pain during sex.
- Sometimes, uterine or menopause problems (formation of fibroids in the uterus) can also cause pain.
- Cyst formation in the ovary or endometriosis (when the inner tissue lining of the uterus tends to grow outside) can also cause severe pain during intercourse.
- Some men can experience pain during intercourse because of allergy to the fluids of the vagina or the chemical content of certain contraceptives.
- You can experience pain because of undiagnosed sexually transmitted diseases like herpes or gonorrhea
- The pain might also occur due to urinary tract infections or side effects from certain medications.
- Severe pain just a few moments before ejaculation can be a result of inflammation of the prostate glands and should be immediately diagnosed as it might be a signal of prostate cancer.
For treating pain during sex in female, you should opt for the following procedures
- If the pain is caused due to vaginal dryness after menopause, you should consider the application of prescribed lubricants or jellies to reduce the pain.
- If the pain occurs due to severe anxiety or stress, sex therapy can help you improve physical intimacy.
- If there are other symptoms like severe bleeding or irregular periods in addition to the pain, a visit to the physician is recommended.
Quite similarly in men
- If the pain occurs due to severe anxiety or stress, sex therapy can help you improve physical intimacy.
- If the pain results from side effects of certain medications, you should try changing your prescribed medication after doctor’s suggestion.
- In extreme cases, the doctors might suggest hormone replacement surgery. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.x
My father had epilepsy stroke 2 years back so he is consuming eptoin from 2 years now he is not going for regular consultancy but is consuming eptoin as a regular medicine till death is it right that for epilepsy patient eptoin is compulsory till his her death?
As the New Year begins, the one fruit which is available in abundance are grapes. The black/purple and the green variety, seeded and seedless, are all over the place. Given the weather slowly changing from winter, they seem like the best thing to beat the summer heat. And yes, they are. Not just for overall health, they are also great for the skin and hair. Read on to know more.
Benefits of grapes for skin:
- When the sunscreen lotion does not help much and sunburn happens, the one of the best home remedies is to apply mashed grapes for about 30 minutes. The grapes are rich in antioxidants (proanthocyanidins and resveratrol). They reduce the damage caused by ultraviolet radiation and also reduces cell damage caused by excessive skin exposure.
- Rubbing the grape pulp on the face for about 20 minutes can help reverse and control antiaging better than any chemical treatment. It reduces the effect of free radicals which lead to fine wrinkles and dark spots.
- Grapes are also rich in vitamins C and E which helps in making the skin supple and improves skin tone and reduces scars.
Benefits for hair:
- If hair loss scares you, apply a paste of seeded grapes. The linoleic acid and grape seed oil can add strength and prevent hair fall.
- Grapes can also be mixed with fenugreek and chickpeas for use on hair to improve life and lustre of the hair and add volume.
- The vitamin E and antioxidants also help improve scalp blood circulation, fight dandruff, reduce itchiness, and improved hair health.
Benefits on overall health:
- Relieves headache: The various antioxidants in the grapes help in relieving the headache almost instantaneously. Eat them up or drink if you have a headache, even migraines.
- Improves digestion: They improve digestion and reduce digestive problems, thereby curing indigestion. They also are shown to help in controlling colon cancer.
- Good in diabetes: Diabetic patients need not be worried about the sweet grapes. The pterostilbene in them helps lower sugar levels, and in the long run, it can also prevent the onset of diabetes.
- Cholesterol control: The polyphenols help in controlling heart disease by reducing plaque formation.
- Eye health: The reduced oxidation process and controlled inflammatory process helps in improving eye health, especially in the retina, which is full of proteins.
- Potassium in Plenty: 100 g of grapes contains about 200 mg of potassium, which is a treasure. It improves blood pressure (by countering sodium), and also controls cholesterol and reduces salt intake.
- Brain health: The antioxidants like revasterol help in improving blood flow and helps in controlling Alzheimer’s and improving memory. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.