Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Vinu KarthikaYour feedback matters!
I have recently noticed a swelling under my right jawline, though it's not painful. Please advise as to what this could be.
I often getting mouth ulcers and after using orasore or quick cool ointment it is getting cured. But again and again this problem persisting. How can it be cured permanently?
My gum is paining very badly from past two days and its also swelled up. I don't know what to do. Please help me.
I have 2 major issues to be addressed: 1. I have immense pain in the left lower jaw because of the wisdom tooth erupting. 2. One of my tooth has been treated (RCT) almost 4 times now but still it not yet cleaned and it still pains bad.
1. What are dental implants?
Dental implants are a standard for tooth replacement. An implant is a small “support” made of titanium and placed into the jawbone at the point of a missing tooth root. After the implant has attached to the adjacent bone, a replacement tooth is positioned on top of the implant.
2. Do the new teeth look natural?
The new teeth have a natural-like appearance and feel.
3. Am I a suitable candidate for the procedure?
Overall good health and enough jaw bone are the vital requirements. If you are fit for tooth extraction, then you can have an implant. Individuals who have lost teeth due to disease, decay or injury are suitable candidates for the procedure. After taking complete medical history and x-rays it can be decided.
4. How successful is it?
They have been used for over thirty years and have shown high success rates. To ensure that implants last for long, one should practice good oral hygiene.
5. Is the procedure painful?
Anesthesia is administered during the surgery. Your dental implant dentist may prescribe pain medication to ease any discomfort after the surgery. Most patients report minor discomfort when they get home. Many patients feel okay the next day and can return to work.
6. How long does it take?
The time needed relies on the complexity and number of implants. A straightforward and uncomplicated dental implant may take less than 1 hour.
7. Am I allowed to eat after the surgery?
It is advisable to avoid exposing a recent surgical site to food. One is advised to take soft foods and to stay hydrated. We will guide you accordingly.
8. How long does the healing and placing of the implant crown take?
The duration mainly depends on your treatment plan; but mostly takes about two to six months. There are two major stages. At first, the implant should heal before we place the replacement crown.
9. How long will the implants last?
After the fusion of the implant to the bone, it can last for several years if it is well maintained. Many implants have stayed in place for over forty years.
10. Are dental implants costly?
The cost is relative. They are a little more costly than bridgework, but they last for much longer. Thus, more cost effective.
11. Will my insurance cover for the costs?
It depends on the individual plan. Talk to your insurance provider.
12. Can my body reject the implant?
An allergy to titanium is rare, but may occur. At times, the implant does not fuse to the bone during the first time, but on the second trial, it fuses.
I'm 67 yrs old suffering from mild fever from evening to morning feeling weak,my diastolic pressure remains 90.Teeth of my right upper jaw are quite painful often blood comes out while I brush my teeth
My all teeth are white. Except the canines. I daily brush twice but no effect. please help me out to make my teeth white and shine.
Hello sir, I am suffering from dental problem (pariya) from last six month. Can you suggest what should be done?
I used to clench my teeth like for 2 weeks intentionally not knowing that it was bad. Now I've stopped clenching intentionally But I don't know what I do at night Can this clenching become a habit as I used to do it intentionally?
Hello, I am 34 y old male and I have a dry mouth for last 4 months. When I drink water after 30 minute I need to water. What should I do?
Hi my teeth is light yellowish in colour Any suggestions to get whiter teeth. Is there any treatment for this and how much will it cost ?
Kids have a mind of their own when it comes to food. The unhealthier it is, the more they tend to like it. Most taste driven or sweet foods are harmful for your child’s oral hygiene. However not all foods that your children like to eat are as bad for their oral health, some even help strengthen their teeth.
Here are 4 foods that your children can have for healthy teeth and gums.
1) Sugarless Gum - It helps loosen plaque and increase the number of natural antibodies in the mouth. It also keeps the gums hydrated. While too much of anything is not good, these gums are good once in a while.
2) Crispy Vegetables - These might not be popular with children but can be made yummy with interesting dips to go with them. Raw carrots, celery, cauliflower, and green beans are chewing foods which clean the child's teeth and gums.
3) Natural Sugar - Sugar from milk, yoghurt and cheese are rich in vitamin D, phosphate and calcium. When consumed, they raise the pH level of the mouth which lowers the level of acids, hence reducing risk of tooth decay.
4) Vitamin C Rich Foods - Fruits like oranges, kiwis, strawberries, papayas and limes help kill bacteria that can cause gingivitis. They also aid a good supply of collagen in the child's gums. However, parents need to remember that one can eat citrus foods only after thirty minutes from brushing their teeth. This is because the citric acid in these foods can weaken the tooth enamel temporarily.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.