Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shakuntala Bharathi
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shakuntala BharathiYour feedback matters!
I married on 1 years before. Am trying child and also I done semen analysis. Please give me the suggestions for quick baby.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Use oil free cosmetic products.
- Wash a face twice a day.
- Use sunscreen daily.
- Make sure that the hands/ towel is clean when you touch your face.
- Eat food rich in water, fresh fruits, chicken, boiled fish, whole grains.
- Prefer steaming, boiling, grilling methods for cooking over frying.
- Don’t stress.
- Carry oil-absorbing tissues to wipe away oil whenever necessary.
- Don't ever go to bed with make-up on.
- Avoid smoking and drinking.
- Don't use creamy or milk cleansers.
- Don't over wash face.
- Don’t eat fried and processed foods.
- Avoid sugary products.
5 months are passed for my marriage bt my wife is still not going pregnant please offer some tips to help us.
So you love you job and don't mind working after-hours every once in a while. Are you plagued by hypertension, stomach disorder and sleeplessness often? It's probably about time that you started paying more attention to the dual functioning of your body and mind. Straining on one while neglecting the other will only bear dire consequences in the near future and render your body weak and your mind restless.
The regulation of the mind-body dualism is the most integral aspect of your being. Your mind has the potential of affecting your health in more ways than one. Having a better outlook towards life helps deal with health issues such as depression, headaches, pain and stress. The dual functioning of mind and body is bound to have greater implications on your health and one needs to be well aware of the facet of it:
Your mind reflects what your health has to say!
The brain creates gamma globulin and endorphins which toughen your immunity and serve as natural painkillers, respectively. The production of these substances depends significantly on how you're feeling at the moment. Having a positive outlook even when you're down with fever, pain or stress enables your body to create better regulatory hormones which accelerate healing. On the other hand, if you're being too hard on yourself as a result of work overload, emotional crisis or any personal mishap, and adopt a negative perspective towards most things, your body will know and slow down its mechanism for creating endorphins and gamma globulin. This means you'll take longer to regain normalcy.
What you're doing to your body affects how your brain works?
On the flipside, if your body is under extreme pressure to perform and as a result you're missing out on your regular healthy regime, your mind is guaranteed to function differently. Eating differently, losing sleep, exercising less, and burn-outs will affect your mental well-being, mostly negatively. The fight-or-flight reaction and blood pressure levels are considerably influenced by how you're feeling and how you are dealing with things in life. As a result, you might feel depressed, moody, restless or sick.
Therapies to increase the mind - body functioning!
Practicing therapy and exercising to improve the dual functioning of your brain and body are therefore indispensible for keeping well. The National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health (NCCIH) suggests some integrative measures that are sure to have a positive impact on your over-all well being:
- Cognitive-behavioral management
- Yoga and relaxation
- Proper diet and regular physical exercise
- Active involvement in music, art or dance
- Avoiding a sedentary lifestyle
Despite everything else, if you're still willing to work beyond your deadline, at least don't forget to eat the salad that you had packed for lunch! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychologist.
Hi, now I'm 39 weeks pregnant. My due date is 26 June. Still I didn't get labour pain. Everything was normal. But doctor is suspecting that might be my birth canal is very narrow and baby is not coming to position and need to go for c section. Is there any chances for normal delivery. Please suggest.
As the world has moved and is moving towards a more sedentary lifestyle, where non sedentary jobs have become lesser, posture is something that tends to get affected a lot.
Let's look at how some of these bad body postures can affect your health in the long run:
- Increases depression and stress: Many studies have revealed that walking or sitting in a slouched or generally bad position increases the susceptibility to depression and stress. Slouching or sitting in a bad position and thus developing a bad posture will constrict the body, resulting in the poor blood flow. This may cause you to be irritable and tired and over a long time it will contribute to depression and increased stress levels.
- Bad breathing patterns: The lungs and the rib cage in your body need to be expanded fully to work at their best capacity. However, due to bad body postures, the rib cage and the lungs will be constricted and not be able to work at full capacity. This over time will build up to create long term problems with breathing as well as other resulting health problems.
- Problems with digestion: As is the case with breathing problems, when the body posture is not correct it will also affect digestion. This is so, as bad posture also affects the intestines and if they are pressured or constricted in any way, will affect the entire digestion process. Slouching may also cause you to develop a paunch or belly over time due to a combination of bad postures and digestive problems.
- Developing chronic pain in the back shoulders and neck: This is probably the most common and the most quickly noticeable problem, if you have a bad posture. Most of the population with sedentary lifestyle either currently has or has experienced this problem in their back, shoulders and neck. This is again due to constrictions of the muscles and misalignment of the various bones that support these parts. Long term misalignment could cause deformities that could spiral into problems, which are far worse.
- Headaches caused by muscle tension within the body due to bad postures: This has afflicted most of the sedentary work force all over the work, at some point of time or the other. While sitting in a bad position for a prolonged period, the tension in the muscles will build up releasing chemicals that may contribute to headaches. If these become frequent they could contribute to other health problems such as high blood pressure in the long run. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
Menstruation is a barometer of a women's health. Any changes in the menstrual pattern of a woman could be a harbinger of serious underlying disease and should not be overlooked. However adolescent girls are a special case where menstrual pattern is variable and much different from Adult women. It is very common for teenaged girls who have recently started menstruating to have irregular periods. This period pattern is wrongly classified as 'period problems". At the same time one needs to understand that some of the real problems like period pain in young girls are often overlooked as "normal" when they could be associated with serious medical disorders.
Although menstrual disorders are fairly common in most young women, it may have an underlying cause which can be indicative of a serious issue. Therefore, it is recommended for young women to consult a gynecologist if any difficulties arise.
Symptoms Of Menstrual Disorders (Severe)
The severe symptoms are usually accompanied by mild symptoms such as:
PCOS and Menstrual Disorders
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome is a common reason for women to experience irregular menstrual periods. PCOS occurs when there is an excess of male hormones (androgens) in the body which hinder the production and release of eggs in the ovaries, resulting in menstruation problems. Symptoms of PCOS are acne, hair loss and weight gain. Women with PCOS are 80% more likely to suffer from fertility issues later in life. Along with that, PCOS can result in high cholesterol and high blood pressure. One serious concern for women with PCOS is resistance to insulin which leads to diabetes.
Diet and menstrual disorders
Poor diet can also lead to menstrual complications. An extremely high fiber diet can result in less frequent ovulations and therefore irregular periods. A diet which is too low in fats and fatty acid can also result in abnormal menstrual patterns.
Stress and PCOS
Young women are often prone to immense stress. Stress is one of the primary reasons for delayed periods. Stress can cause minor complications in the hypothalamus which may have consequences in the levels of hormones in the body.
The presence of ovarian cysts in the vagina may be a cause for irregular or painful periods. Endometriosis can cause heavy bleeding and extreme pain.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
You go to the gym every day, lift heavy weights, but fail to notice gains. This means you have reached a plateau and your body has gotten used to the exercise you do.
Here are some tips to fire up your workout and make it more challenging:
- Circuit training: Circuit training is a type of workout that involves doing one exercise after another in a set time frame. There is no rest between the exercises and this increases the fat burning effect in the body. A typical workout consists of push ups, squats and sit ups.
- Diet: It is important that the food you are eating provides you with the necessary nutrients that allow your body to recover. Exercising takes a toll on your body; so eating a well balanced diet allows your body to recover from the stress of the workouts.
- Drink coffee: Drinking coffee before your workout increases your energy levels and enhances performance. It has also been reported that drinking coffee before a workout makes the workout more enjoyable.
- Exercise outside: Taking your workouts helps you in feeling more energetic and revitalized. It has also been reported that working out outdoors has a beneficial effect on your self-esteem. Exercising outdoors motivates you to work out regularly.
- Incorporate cardio: You should do cardiovascular exercises, which have a beneficial effect on fat burning. It improves blood circulation and raises your heart rate, thus strengthening your heart muscles. Incorporate high intensity interval training which has the maximum metabolic burn effect, which means you will keep the fat off your body.
- Add yoga: Add yoga to workouts as yoga contributes in making your body more flexible and supple. Yoga also calms the mind and improves your overall wellbeing. Start off with simple yogic poses such as the downward dog and the triangle pose.
- Switch it up: If you have been doing only strength training then switch to doing something new such as going for a jog or doing pilates. Switching from your regular routine helps in avoiding stagnation, thus increasing your gains.
Related Tip: "10 Benefits of Raw Green Papaya"