Type 2 diabetes and Erectile Dysfunction may appear as different ailments but they do have a connection. Reports suggest men suffering from Type 2 diabetes are likely to experience Erectile Dysfunction. Moreover, diabetic people suffer from Erectile Dysfunction 10 to 15 years earlier than others.
Reason: The reason behind the connection between the two ailments is quite complex. The whole scenario involves deterioration in nerves, muscle functioning and blood vessels. For successful penetration of penis, body requires healthy functioning of blood vessels, nerves, hormones and sexual desire. Type-2 diabetes hamper the proper functioning of these blood vessels and nerves, thus posing a potential threat to a successful sexual intercourse. Diabetes becomes a big obstacle in obtaining a firm erection. Also, non-regulated flow of blood through these blood vessels adds up to the problem.
Factors Contributing to Erectile Dysfunction due to Diabetes:
Complexities due to Type-2 diabetes increases exponentially when aided with following risk factors-
- Unbalanced diet
- Non-regulated Blood Supply
- Excessive smoking and drinking
- Excessive stress and hypertension
- Lack of Physical activity
- Blood Pressure
- Side effects of medication taken to cure ED
Given below are few suggestions which, if followed, can bring your sex life back on track.
- Consult doctor: It is better to open up about your sexual concerns and consult a doctor. Hesitating in doing so will only increase your problem. Proper knowledge regarding all your existing ailments will allow him to diagnose properly and help you to regulate your blood sugar level. You may further consult a sexologist for specialized treatment for Erectile Dysfunction. Through prescribed medicines and some therapies, this issue can be dealt smoothly.
- Practice a healthy lifestyle: Stay fit. Reduce your extra weight. Include exercise and meditation in your daily routine. This will help a lot in improving your emotional health. In many cases psychological pressure also contribute in causing impotence. So, try to perform some stress relieving exercises to curb down this psychological factor.
- Avoid drinking and smoking: Smoking diminishes the quantity of required nitric oxide which in turn lowers down the blood flow to penis. This increases chances of Erectile Dysfunction to a greater extent. Excessive drinking destroys your blood vessels, thereby posing a serious threat to your sex life.
- Take a proper diet: A balanced diet pays a major role in checking and controlling the blood sugar level. This step will definitely decrease the harm done to your blood vessels and nerves.
- Get enough sleep and keep yourself astray from the harmful effects of fatigue.
- Talk with your partner: It is necessary that you discuss freely regarding your sexual problems with your partner. This will help you in gaining confidence, release stress and perform better.
Follow the above suggestions and choose a healthy lifestyle for a safe and pleasing sex life.