What is the remedy about?
There are various issues that might plague our hair like hair loss, dandruff, lice or dry hair. Here are some easy home remedies to keep our hair healthy and strong:
- For hair loss problems, natural oil treatment can be very beneficial. Take a bowl of olive oil or coconut oil and heat it up so that it is warm. Now gently massage your scalp with it. Leave it for an hour or two and then wash it off. This strengthens the root of your hair thus decreasing hair loss.
- For grey hair, Amla can be very beneficial. Boil a few pieces of amla in coconut oil until it turns black. Now cool the paste, apply it on your hair and wash it off after 15 minutes or so. This will reduce the grey hair on your head. Amla also helps in getting rid of lice.
- Dry hair is another common problem. A common remedy to this problem is baking soda. Prepare a paste of baking soda by mixing some water. Apply it on wet hair. After some time clean it thoroughly with shampoo. This should help keep your hair moist.
- To get rid of dandruff, use lemon peels. Take a few pieces and boil them in 4-5 cups of water. Let it cool down and then wash your hair with it. This should reduce dandruff.
Are there any side effects?
- Applying baking soda on your scalp increases its pH level. This might result in hair breakage or irritation. Hence it is better to do a patch test for any side effects before applying it on your hair.
- Amla might cause scalp dryness.
- Frequent use of lemon can cause scalp irritation and dryness.
What are the post-remedy guidelines?
- Keep your hair clean.
- Wear a headgear while going out to protect your head against dust and other harmful particles.
- Avoid hard brushing of your hair. Keep it gentle.
- Have citrus foods regularly to increase Vitamin C levels in your body.
How long does it take to recover?
Some hair problems like lice or dandruff can be taken care of within a short period of time. However, problems such as hair loss and grey hair can take anything between 6 weeks to 16 weeks.
Are the results of the remedy permanent?
Some conditions like lice problems can be permanently resolved provided you follow all the precautions and keep your hair clean. However, conditions such as grey hair or hair loss can only be reduced or delayed. Grey hair occurs naturally with old age, but with the help of these remedies you can reduce the chances of having grey hair at a young age.
Is there any training or experts required?
All the remedies are completely natural and easily applicable by all. Hence there is no requirement of formal training.