Chyawanprash has been a daily commodity in every Indian household for many decades. The history of Chyawanprash goes back to the Vedic age when Sage Charak wrote about its health benefits for the first time. Chyawanprash has been defined as the "King of all Herbal Tonics and Formulations".
Ingredients of Chyawanprash:
The effectiveness of Chyawanprash lies in its ingredients which strengthens the immune system. Following are the primary ingredients of Chyawanprash that are common for all Chyawanprash manufacturing companies.
• Amla (Indian Gooseberry) rich in Vitamin C is the main ingredient
• Ghee (clarified butter)
• Long Pepper
• Winter Cherry (Ashwagandha)
• Cinnamon Bark
• Wild Black and Green Gram
• Nut Grass
• Preservative: Potassium sorbate
Benefits of Chyawanprash:
Daily and consistent consumption of Chyawanprash comes with the following health-positive effects.
• Improves Immune System – Amla or Indian Gooseberry contains 40% more vitamin C than an orange and boosts your immune system. It protects the body from bacterial and viral infections caused due to season changes.
• Improves Respiratory System – For patients suffering from asthma and chronic bronchitis, Chyawanprash is an ideal and healthy supplement. Ingredients of Chyawanprash help in the proper functioning of the lungs and other respiratory organs.
• Improves Memory – Chyawanprash acts as a tonic for the brain and improves memory and concentration in students. Along with that, it also helps in the active functioning of the heart.
• Anti-ageing properties – Also known as the ‘Elixir of Youth’, Chyawanprash helps to reduce wrinkles, grey hair. Its antioxidant properties delay cell ageing and bring back the youthful glow on the skin.
• Other Benefits – Chyawanprash purifies the blood, stimulates working of the liver, eliminates toxins from the body, helps to build muscles, strengthens hair, and keeps sensory organs healthy.
One teaspoon of Chyawanprash twice a day (once in the morning and once at night) is the standard recommended dose. It can be consumed directly or mixed with milk and water. Some even use it as a spread on bread and biscuits due to its jam-like the taste.
Chyawanprash is safe for consumption for people of all age groups- elderly and children as young as 3 years of age. It does not come with any side effect. Regular consumption of this herbal tonic keeps you healthy and free from infections.