Kidney stones are formed inside the kidneys and tend to block them up. They are nothing but a type of mineral deposits inside the kidneys. An excruciating pain is caused when a person has stone in his kidney. But the right change in your lifestyle can prevent your kidney stones. People with family history of kidney stones should take extra precaution. Mentioned below are a few ways that can help prevent kidney stones:
- Drink Plenty of Water: Water is the best friend for your excretory system. It has the ability to flush out all the toxic substances from your body without causing them to form a lump inside your kidneys. So, your urine will not become more concentrated than necessary.
- Sodium Intake Should Be Cut Off: A high sodium diet increases the chance of formation of stones in the kidneys. When you have a higher concentration of salt in your urine, the calcium will not be reabsorbed into the blood. Thus, chances of formation of kidney stones will increase with the appearance of calcium in the blood. Packaged meals, canned soups, potato chips and smoked meats should be avoided.
- Calcium Intake Should Be Increased: Just as the sodium intake should be decreased, the calcium intake should be increased. Consuming calcium-rich foods will lessen your chances of kidney stones formation.
- Calcium Oxalate Should Be Avoided: Calcium oxalate is a strict no if you want to avoid the kidney stones and have a good renal health. This is because according to a study, the most composition of kidney stones includes the calcium oxalate. But this is only for those people who are at high risk of developing kidney stones but when calcium oxalate levels are maintained they can even work to reduce the risk of kidney stones.
- Curb Your Alcohol Consumption: Alcohol is the worst enemy to your health. Starting from liver problems to kidney stones, they can lead to a variety of diseases. They can lead to dehydration due to their ability to increase fluid output but at the same time preventing fluid absorption.
- Stop Taking Caffeine: The main property of caffeine is an increased rate of metabolism in the body and this leads to an increased form of dehydration as well. This leads to the formation of even a higher number of stones. So don’t consume coffee or other drinks that contain caffeine.
- Animal Protein Should Be Reduced: The animal protein has a tendency to form uric acids in the body and kidney stones as well due to their high acidity and thus they should be avoided.
- Herbal Remedies Are Helpful: There are quite a number of herbal remedies that are helpful in this case. Several herbs prevent the formation of stones in the kidney.
So, these are some of the ways in which you can prevent the formation of kidney stones and save yourself from the pain that follows. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!