10 Foods That Can Jumpstart Your Metabolism
Dt. Shabnam Yeasmin
91% (5107 ratings)
M.Sc - Dietitics / Nutrition
4 years experience
Foods that elevate your metabolism is a good method of losing fat from the body. Include these foods in your breakfast, lunch and dinner to harness their fat burning power. Try these foods to kick start your metabolism:
- Eggs: Eggs are considered to be super foods as they are packed with nutrients. Rich in protein and vitamin D, eggs also help boost your metabolism.
- Lean meat: Include lean meats, such as chicken and turkey to your diet as they are rich sources of protein. They are also good sources of iron, the deficiency of which may lead to sluggish metabolism.
- Chili peppers: Chili peppers are good sources of 'capsaicin', a component that is known to kick start your metabolism into high gear. You may add chili peppers to your dishes to add some pungent flavor as well.
- Water: Dehydration may lead to you to feel sluggish the entire day; thus it is necessary to drink cold water as the body burns calories while warming the water.
- Coffee: The caffeine content in coffee is known to stimulate your metabolism.
- Beans: Beans are known to contain good amounts of protein and fiber. The fiber in the beans help in promoting satiety and restricts your food cravings. They are also rich in iron, a macronutrient that helps in improving metabolism.
- Berries: Berries are rich in antioxidants such as vitamin C that help combat free radical damage in the body. They also contain fiber that promotes healthy digestion.
- Chocolate: Chocolate is a good source of magnesium that helps to regulate blood sugar levels in the body. It is also known to stimulate various hormones in the body that burn fat.
- Vinegar: Apple cider vinegar is known to regulate blood sugar levels in the body. It also boosts acid production in the stomach, thus promoting healthy digestion and contributing to an increased metabolism.
- Cinnamon: Cinnamon is a herb that has certain properties which help in metabolizing carbohydrates in the body, thus increasing your overall calorie burn and kick starting your metabolism.
found this helpful