My father weight is 105 kg n suffering from osteo arthritics. Doctors said to consult with ortho specialist rhematologist. He said to change the knee cap of both legs. Will it be beneficial? He is also a sugar patient Now what should I do?

Mr. lybrate-user, I have gone through the query, and understand your concer. One major difficulty is he is obese with a grade 2 obesity (BMI 35.23 kgs/M2). This is the major reason for osteoarthritis and diabetes. But due to pain in the knees he is unlikely to do any worthwhile exercise. In such a situation one of the best option is to look for total knee replacement (if affordable). Because post that he may be able to walk a considerable distance and work on reducing weight. At his age ideal weight should be about 65 kgs. So my suggestion is to consider knee replacement, strict control of blood glucose by using Insulin injections and later concentrate on weight reduction through exercise and diet. Thanks.